FIRE: CAMDEN PARK

Not connected. It's to the left of the Dodg'ms, and is an old Steelox building with what I believe to be a dirt floor. It's not behind the Dodg'ms. It's so nondescript that most guests look at it but never see it.

Harry Nudd, who used to run the park, kept two mean, vicious boxer dogs chained in there during the day. At night, they--and only they--had the run of the park. This fire would have been much worse had it not been for the night watchman who heard popping and called 911. The dogs could not have done that.

• Like 2

The links above said so, too.

I hope they can open Tuesday. Without Dodg'm, there's going to be another huge hole. So much lost to fire over the years: Roller Rink, games building, Pronto Pups, Malt Shop, now Dodg'm. Hasn't been that long ago since Big Dipper was nearly lost to fire when welders were welding the chain trough...with it on the ride!

• Like 2

I stopped going to Camden Park before the arm fell off the Spider, my parents found it to be unsafe and the Spider incident proved it to be such. Although, I know accidnts happen and the fire was totally accidental, I just don't have the heart to return to Camden, the Spider and the Dodge'em cars we're my favorites!