New ride idea.

RideWarrior

You are right, in that way, Kings Island did want to continue on The Beast's legacy.

And King Island tried to do so by building another roller coaster that smashed records and could carry on the name Beast.

The keyword there is did.

But that didn't work.

At this point, The Beast can carry on his own legacy just like he always has, there is no more need for anymore members to be added to The Beastly family.

Right now Kings Island is busy building for the future, which I honestly doubt will be a future of new members to The Beast's family.

• Like 3

Welcome to KICentral, RideWarrior. Just a heads up, you may want to read the terms of service, and use the search bar. Very many topics are about SOB if you would like to read them, but SOB is gone. Most of us, i hope, could agree that Kings Island is no longer going to 'mess with' The Beast and its legacy as stated above. Kings Island will go onto the future, they messed up, and they dont want to bring back thoughts of those riders who were hurt. Theres no point to make another Beast-related ride, Kings Island has more tricks up their sleeve than you may think.

I agree with the above. I think The Beast is well capable of carriering on his own legacy. Now, to answer your topic question. I would love to see, and it's going to sound stupid, a coaster mix similar to Top Thrill and Millennium Force.... A launch, a 400+ foot climb straight up, straight down, and some ride elements. And I want to see this at Kings Island.

• Like 2

All clues point to an Invert. I would be happy with an Invert, but I would be really happy with either a floorless, stand up, giga, multi launch, or. and I know its pretty much out of the question now. A wing rider would be amazing. Raptor is one of my favorite Inverts. Running a close second to Afterburn.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

-Sometime in the future (hopefully not too soon), Vortex will be taken down. I have ridden Vortex many times, and let me say it's a great ride... but an old one none the less. Hopefully, years from now when Vortex is gone... a new ride... a better ride.... will open and carry out Vortex's legacy. Maybe the ride will be another custom looper like Vortex... and maybe it will have a name like "Vortex 2.0" or something. Just hope that day isn't too soon to come.

• Like 2

I would like to see them make a steel version of the Son of The Beast. Make it go faster maybe bigger. I was looking stuff up and saw the Kings Island wanted to continue The Beast legacy. Any other ideas of improvements on mine

Maybe make something like Steel Hawg in the X-Base and call it Beast _______. Idk :)

• 1 month later...

Why are people so dead set that Cedar Fair won't build as good of rides at KI just so it doesn't compete with Cedar Point. That thought is just absurd to me. If a company is going to spend millions of dollars on a ride, their not going to say " let's dull it down just a bit so it doesn't take away from our other park that is still over 4 hours away". Sorry I just don't see that being te mindset of a company that's about to drop 24 million on Banshee or any other future ride for that matter. Just my opinion.

• Like 9

Accelerating B&M Wingrider to be built in X-Base next to Flight of Fear building would run through the area where Son of Beast used to sit (any thing left that wasn't taken up by Banshee) and to be called "Worm Hole." Riders will fly through LED light tunnels, giving the feeling of traveling through time and space. At night, the ride will have an insanly awesome light package.

• Like 1

You have to remember though that part of the reason Banshee's brake run is so long is likely due ot the fact that it has no MCBR. Watching a video for Pyrenees, if you added it's MCBR to it's final brake run they'd probably be similar lengths. Same thing with Raptor.

• Like 4

^^You need to understand blocking systems to understand the amount of brakes on the ride

And I don't wanna hear you say Levi has a long brake run, go look at your TTD...it's excessively long, but again does serve a slight purpose if all 6 trains were used I guess =/

But you have brakes for the transfer table, pre transfer to stop the train while the track is moving before releasing to the transfer table, a trim before it, and the main safety brake at the end of the brake run...With no MCBR it has to have various points to stop the ride if a train is not clear and advanced at the ready brake (transfer track before station) and also set the brakes behind the train so the next train on the course does not come close to the train advancing on the brake run...it all makes sense

• Like 6

Time out, your comparing top thrill dragster that hits the brakes doing 120mph when leviathan is probably doing less than half that when it reaches its brake run. Leviathans brake run is excessive watch the pov. And the sad part there is even trim brakes on leviathan.

• Like 1

Time out, your comparing top thrill dragster that hits the brakes doing 120mph when leviathan is probably doing less than half that when it reaches its brake run. Leviathans brake run is excessive watch the pov. And the sad part there is even trim brakes on leviathan.

Doesn't matter.

Trim Brakes do not equal normal braking devices.

Brake runs are a part of a blocking system...and can feature numerous blocks, see Diamondback, I-305, TTD, etc. I-305 is relatively a long brake run and could be considered excessive IMO. A longer brake run can ensure 3 train operation as well as a MCBR.

• Like 4