Footage from kings island 2003

CP&LERR Fan

I was browsing through some family tapes and found some footage of Kings Island from 2003 when paramount owned it, some clips showed Scooby doo mascots the haunted house me on The Beastie, That log ride wild throne berrys river adventure, Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad and more.

• Like 4

Sounds great! Any chance we could see it?

Whish I could it's a tape cassette tape and need to covert it to DVD unless somebody has a easier way, currently the video camera player needs to be clean which I'll clean it now. Whish I could show it.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Yes awesome video! brought back many memories. At 0:10 ticket booths & at 0:36 tram loading and unload area, both are long gone. When I worked there in 2005 most of the music on International Street was from Paramount movie's, Top Gun Anthem, Raider of the last ark, James Bond 007. At Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle, only remember seeing Scooby Doo outside for the meet and greet. Don't remember seeing Shaggy and Velma that much, on the last weekend of the year they had the Flintstones out with Scooby Doo together. While on break during Winterfest, got a picture of me with Scooby Doo. ;)

• Like 2

Yes awesome video! brought back many memories. At 0:10 ticket booths & at 0:36 tram loading and unload area, both are long gone. When I worked there in 2005 most of the music on International Street was from Paramount movie's, Top Gun Anthem, Raider of the last ark, James Bond 007. At Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle, only remember seeing Scooby Doo outside for the meet and greet. Don't remember seeing Shaggy and Velma that much, on the last weekend of the year they had the Flintstones out with Scooby Doo together. While on break during Winterfest, got a picture of me with Scooby Doo. ;)

Hey I know you from somewhere, Your TopthrillDan On YouTube! Nice to see a fellow Railfan Like me on here.

• Like 1

Very much so.

That video makes me think. Nearly all of us have pondered how Kings Island has changed under Cedar Fair.

But...how has the Paramount Parks acquisition changed Cedar Point?

To start with, there have been fewer major coasters, WindSeeker, Gatekeeper-which would not have happened before...Dick Kinzel was forced out early...

• Like 4

Very much so.

That video makes me think. Nearly all of us have pondered how Kings Island has changed under Cedar Fair.

But...how has the Paramount Parks acquisition changed Cedar Point?

To start with, there have been fewer major coasters, WindSeeker, Gatekeeper-which would not have happened before...Dick Kinzel was forced out early...

Well, we don't know about the Kinzel thing. If you may recall, they announced Kinzel's extension shortly after the acquisition, on the moniker of "seeing the chain through the acquisition process." Whether extending his contract was the plan all along, we don't know.

$11.50 per unit sale.

That was his downfall.

I agree. However he may not have made it that far without the acquisition. Or he could have. Without it, he probably wouldn't have had any type of case for a leveraged buyout. It's incredible how one thing affects another and so on. Jack Falfas might have been CEO now.

• Like 1