A Warning to the KIC Universe

BoddaH1994

Use your common sense people. Rules ARE NOT meant to be broken. It's sad that Ryan has to make a topic regarding this.

I, for one, enjoy the relationship KIC and Kings Island have and it makes for some cool events. DO NOT mess that up.

Don't make waves, stay in line, and we'll get along fine. Duloc is a perfect place! Please keep off of the grass, shine your shoes, wipe your...FACE!

• Like 3

Don't get me wrong, I love roller coasters... But I don't get why you'd ever do anything to endanger your personal standing with the park as a guest by violating park rules and boundaries just for the sake of seeing and/or photographing a piece of track. It's not going to get you on the ride any sooner, it's not going to make you Internet famous, and no one is going to pay for your picture. You're just making a bad name for yourself and for KI Central.

One average Joe Schmo using the site to another: the park owes us nothing. If everyone's as excited as they post about things like KIC events, ERT, and being able to peek through a fence to see scarecrows on footers, can we PLEASE not do things to violate the trust the park has in us to do these sorts of things in the first place?

I am not calling any users in particular out when I say that we could all stand to take a deep breath, chill out a little over the new ride, and realize that sometimes people say things to get a rise out of people.

• Like 2

Wow....how stupid is that....as a matter of fact, just the other day while walking through Dinosaurs Alive, near the back turn around, my friend and I saw the Mason City Police through the trees and someone being walked up the hill back towards Firehawk...IN HANDCUFFS....

These folks are not kidding....trespassing is a no-no...

• Like 5

Thats just plain foolish to even think about tresspassing on Kings Island's property! Especially a construction site! Doing that is a bad idea and can get who ever did it in LOTS of trouble... Just foolish to do something like that, thats like Kings Island management deciding to go take a walk around in your backyard! Foolish.... Dumb.... Not good decisions being made around here.

Sorry to hear this!!! KICentral has worked hard for 10 long years to establish a good connection with park only to be tarnished by a few users. SMH

I'm sorry, but how has the connection been tarnished with the park?

Don has even played into the whole "wild goose hunt," but has there been an official announcement via the park or KIC saying that the park no longer wishes to associate with this site? No.

The warning at the beginning of this thread is to show you how serious it is, should a member trespass on park property whether in a staging area or a construction area or when the park is not open.

• Like 3

I don't want to seem uppity, but already we have hints, signs, scarecrows, owls, etc.. We have access to Eiffel Tower, were Don knows we stare, take pictures and gawp.

They are giving us a lot already, and it's fun for them, fun for us. I don't want it spoiled. There's no need to go further and cheat, when they don't need to give us any hints or props at all.

They could have cordoned off everything and could have not played the game of "Very Long Forum Thread to Nowhere."

• Like 3

They ain't happy about it. Don't test your luck.

I'm not trying to be a jerk about it Ryan. I'm not really understanding what the issue is. Yes, I looked at your post in this thread telling people not to trespass. So did someone trespass? What brought this specific topic on. Was it the possibility or something else?

chugh just trying to understand.

Why would people break the law just to get some scoop on what the new construction might be? But we are assuming what was seen was someone from here trying to get the scoop.

Now if you really want to know what happen, try going to the Mason Court web site and search for arrests and court dates and see who it was.

I'm sorry, but how has the connection been tarnished with the park?

Don has even played into the whole "wild goose hunt," but has there been an official announcement via the park or KIC saying that the park no longer wishes to associate with this site? No.

The warning at the beginning of this thread is to show you how serious it is, should a member trespass on park property whether in a staging area or a construction area or when the park is not open.

No announcement doesn't mean that harm hasn't been done. The fact that Ryan was made aware of misbehaving member(s) speaks volumes.

People who consider themselves "enthusiasts" should set an example for other park guests. Others may be ignorant or indifferent of park rules, but "we" should know better.

The sad fact is that, perhaps unfairly, these actions have reflected badly on all of us. Thus, we all need to be committed to ensuring that nothing like this ever happens again.

• Like 13

Thanks for clearing it up Boddah, I thought you were just warning some members of the site, but the fact that this actually happened is just pitiful, And I hope whoever did this got what they deserved for tresspassing on property. Come on people! Are you that desperate! Sit back and watch the construction! There is no need for the craziness.... Wow guys... Pitiful....

• Like 6

It may or may not have been anyone associated with this site. That is a populated area and construction sites are an "attractive nuisance". Could be dumb-luck coincidence that it happened the same time as the goofiness occurred on this site (but probably not). The trespasser was probably proudly wearing a KIC shirt :wacko:

However, if it were someone on this site, then this illegal activity all in the name of being the first with the scoop is no different than the media putting an eyewitness to an accident on TV that clearly didn't witness such event.

Quit looking for your 15 minutes of fame. If your self-esteem is that poor that you have to resort to illegal activity just to get a boost to your self-esteem on this forum, it will be a short-lived boost as members/mods of this forum reign down on your poor decision, thus making your self-esteem worse than it is now, plus depending on the action, may result in fine/jail time.

• Like 4