A Warning to the KIC Universe

BoddaH1994

enthusiasts do some crazy things...

No, they don't. Fanboys do! And I'm sure that the people at KI understand that any idiot can start an account in these forums and that their actions are their own. Holding every person with a KIC account responsible for the actions of a rogue individual is as illogical as calling every KI employee a thief because a dishonest employee at a food stand was caught slipping a few dollars from the register into his or her pocket.

• Like 10

I think that HTCO was fine it what he said. Granted if there actually is something(I'm assuming there is something) and HTCO says there is, what would be his reasons to lie. He has been a member for many years and is known not to troll. Also, even if he did say go to the park as soon as possible. Well that to me means when it's LEGALLY POSSIBLE to go there. DUH.

• Like 4

I want to see where HTCO said specifically to go while the park was closed to get pictures. In the middle of the night. HE DID NOT. End of story. ASAP obviously means first thing in the morning.

He barely said anything, because he's legally bound, and everyone went nuts.

• Like 3

I'm literally laughing at the people who said HTCO owes them something. Honestly, even if he did say to go go visit the park... illegally... after midnight... who in their right mind would do it? All he did was post that there was something to see and that someone with a camera should visit asap.

This entire website needs a

a1lB8SB.jpg

• Like 4

This is just another one of those instances where everybody needs to take a step back, have some cookies and a warm glass of milk, look back on everything that's happened since Monday night, and re-evaluate the situation.

I mean, come on. This whole situation is nothing short of pitiful and embarrassing to the whole KIC community.

• Like 3

Can't believe someone chose to do this..

And on all this arguing, there is integrity in silence sometimes; we're being too quick point the finger when we should look at ourselves and others before speaking out. Often times, things aren't as dramatic as they feel. Things can seem overwhelming unless we stop and take a step back to view the whole picture. We need not to order and teach others as often as it has been happening. But I should stop being a hypocrite after this post.

Also, I like to keep in mind that how we speak to each other and react represents how people will view the site and the members as a group. I'd like to have a mature image while keeping a fun site fun and interesting.

• Like 2

Good lord I've been reading on this site since 2009 and never seen such an uproar on the KIC community! I think this whole new ride stuff is making people go crazy on here! Is it really to much to ask for us all to get along?! If you disagree with something someone said say so but in a nice manner or say nothing at all! Theirs been times I've seen people post stuff I may not like or disagree on but I don't blow a gasket. And no i'm not saying i'm perfect. No one is...

Anyone doing something as stupid as breaking in a park or construction zone deserves and a ban from all CF parks and possible fine/jail time.

• Like 6

Wow. I'm grounded for a while and this is what I come back to. Honestly, HTCO doesn't owe anyone anything and you guys are actually being very rude about the whole situation. If HTCO told you to put a noose around your neck while it was tied to a rafter, would you do it? Same figure as saying "If I told you to jump off a bridge, would you do it?" It takes common sense to go places, obviously the person who committed the crime, had none.

• Like 2

Bottom line, in my opinion anyways, which isn't worth much in a court of law, much less an internet message forum:

the person who did whatever they did wrong has no one to blame but themselves, regardless of what they may or may not have read on this site. End of story.

HTCO saying "get down here ASAP, you really want to see this" (paraphasing) then continueing to post in a manner of "I know something you don't know" is the essance of trolling. He may or may not know anything specific, but his actions reeked of someone trying to whoop up attention (and since some say he works at the park, perhaps he works in PR and is simply trying to attract attention to the park, though in that regard, one could take note from Don & terp who say a lot without really saying anything)

They are two seperate issues. The first one I have problems with, and am glad the police or KI management dealt with it and let it be known that it won't be tolerated.

The 2nd doesn't really bother me. Like many, I was excited to find out what may have been there, but I wasn't about to drive over in the middle of the night, I lost no sleep over the issue, I didn't get up any earlier than usual to check out the forums, I didn't swing by the parking lot on the way to work, etc... it didn't change my day, however the next time HTCO wants to claim something big is going on, or claim to be sharing a bit of previously unknown/posted information on this project or anyother, I'm going to take with a big ol' grain of salt, he's essentially been "downgraded" in my eyes, nothing more nothing less. I take this site for what it is, an outlet to share information on KI. Sometimes it provides great entertainment, sometimes it provides great insight, sometimes those 2 lap over each other, and sometimes there's a big ol heap of dog piles. Its up to the individual to figure out what is what. What is insightful to me, may well be common knowledge to others. What entertains me, may bore others. Some thrive on the dog piles of the world, others prefer a nice diversion.

I doubt the park wants to shut down this site anytime soon. 1st, another one would pop up somewhere else, 2nd its a great additional PR firm for the park. There is a good reason Don mentions the site frequently in his tweets; he knows that by getting people to come here is another recruiting tool to draw more visits to the park. Not everyone is into facebook or twiter, this site allows another outlet. Out of site is truely out of mind, KICentral keeps the park in the sites of many, and therefor is another tool to help drive profits at the park with little or no cost to the park itself.

• Like 15

Perspective

There is an illusion that the entire site thinks the exact same way about one member's post.

In the last two weeks, 240 active members either visited or posted on KIC.

As of this post, there have been only 74 comments posted to this thread, many by the same few members.

This is only one subject out of an astronomical combination of possible things about which to discuss our beloved park.

If it gets too hot in this proverbial kitchen, heck, go over to the family room and talk about The Beast, WindSeeker, Timberwolf, PotatoWorks... don't just run out the front door into the cold; we're kinda family here.

• Like 11

My problem with HTCO isn't the original posts and trolling. It's after all of this happened, having his posts deleted and everything else, his first words on the subject were to insult people. Since then he has taken no responsibility whatsover for his actions. He has just got more defensive and mad. A simple "oops, not what I meant guys, my bad" would have gone a long way to soothing the general mood of the board. Instead he went with "Just shows how idiotic and crazy some of you are..". It shows no respect for the board or the people on it.

• Like 10

We all hit one or two meatballs into foul territory in our lifetimes, even if our intentions are good.

I once accidentally gave away the location of a nuclear weapons convoy over two-way radio (there was a car accident along the route and, in a panic after watching three small children ejected through the front windshield, I gave the exact location in the clear --instead of using special code language as was required). By all rights, I should have spent the next 6 years busting rocks at Ft. Leavenworth, KS. Instead, amid all of the vitriolic calls for my 21-year-old tuchas on a silver platter with relish, one level-headed captain made a decision to forgive, and to tell others to take a deep breath and examine all aspects of the case for what it really was worth. I learned a lesson; moved on and was much, much more careful.

Forgiveness is a very powerful thing.

• Like 19

I believe it is Diamondback.

Ha, now some of you are on a witch hunt to find this guy in real life, and... Do what exactly? Flip him the bird? Complain about him and try to get him fired? This is insanity. I hope this new ride gets revealed soon so I can be done with this site.

• Like 1

It's really not worth the risk to trespass. Am I curious about what's going on in the construction area? Absolutely! However, I'd never break the law and risk my safety just to catch a quick glimpse of something. I'm having enough fun with the clues they're giving us every so often. And I know that the official announcement isn't too far off. That's good enough for me!

• Like 1

IF HTCO does indeed work for the park, he could actually be fired, so it may be luck on his side, that the post was deleted(unless one of you took a picture of it, if so please send it to me)

Just shows how idiotic and crazy some of you are..

I post one little thing and literally everyone poops themselves...

You told people to go to the park and take pictures ASAP. Pretty idiotic to assume that no one was stupid enough to do it.

In all fairness to HTCO, ASAP means "as soon as possible". It's doesn't mean "right now at this very minute". By saying ASAP, he could have meant the next morning when the park opened.

Something else...in this post he went on to say "I suggest taking a ride up the tower tomorrow morning."

In these times a jury could determine it was htco's fault.

Have you ever sat on a jury? It's not as easy as you might think. I doubt you'd be able to judge HTCO guilty based on "ASAP", because it technically means "as soon as possible"...not "right away". I doubt you'd be able to prove he meant "right away", so based on the evidence it doesn't seem enough to convict.

Never said go to the park and get yourself arrested.

If I told everyone to go jump off a bridge. Would you do it?

There is a line. Y'all crossed it.

Apparently you crossed a line if a mod deleted your post.

GAME OVER

Indeed, his post was deleted: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27275-starting-to-decode-2014/page-238

The game is indeed over. HTCO, you owe all of us an apology.

He owes us nothing.

We all hit one or two meatballs into foul territory in our lifetimes, even if our intentions are good.

I once accidentally gave away the location of a nuclear weapons convoy over two-way radio (there was a car accident along the route and, in a panic after watching three small children ejected through the front windshield, I gave the exact location in the clear --instead of using special code language as was required). By all rights, I should have spent the next 6 years busting rocks at Ft. Leavenworth, KS. Instead, amid all of the vitriolic calls for my 21-year-old tuchas on a silver platter with relish, one level-headed captain made a decision to forgive, and to tell others to take a deep breath and examine all aspects of the case for what it really was worth. I learned a lesson; moved on and was much, much more careful.

Forgiveness is a very powerful thing.

Very well said....kudos! I totally respect you for saying that.

• Like 3

Never said go to the park and get yourself arrested.

If I told everyone to go jump off a bridge. Would you do it?

There is a line. Y'all crossed it.

Apparently you crossed a line if a mod deleted your post.

GAME OVER

Indeed, his post was deleted: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27275-starting-to-decode-2014/page-238

The game is indeed over. HTCO, you owe all of us an apology.

He owes us nothing.

Yes, he does owe us an apology. To be clear, my problem with is NOT the possibility that his comments led to someone getting arrested for trespassing. That's the fault of the person who trespassed. No, my problem with him is twofold. First, he outright trolled us, abusing his status as an established, trusted member of this site to do so, and did so to the point that the mods saw fit to delete his posts on the subject. Second, after he was finally called out on it and it was revealed this his posts had been deleted, as fryoj pointed out, his first words to the rest of us were an insult. THOSE two issues are my problems with him, and he owes us an apology for both. Until then, he has lost all credibility and respect in my eyes.

• Like 3