Starting to Decode gone?

I don't know whats going on but I thought this forum was for KI fans and not employees? If I worked for CF I wouldn't be posting nothing on this sight unless I was PR. So the fans have to suffer from some idiot employee and a trespasser? Stupid.

Topic at hand aside: KI employees can't be enthusiasts? I prefer the employee to take pride in the park, be knowledgeable and respect the ride they operate.

It appears that someone made a mad decision, and are now facing the consequences.

• Like 2

Well, gee whiz. I can only hope that all that transpired hasn't done permanent damage to our relationship with the park.

They've already postponed (cancelled) the event we had planned for September.

Well done, whomever you are. All involved should be ashamed of themselves.

Pure stupidity.

• Like 2

This is meant only as a curiosity:

It occurs to me that some things can be subpoenaed as evidence in criminal and/or civil cases. Does anyone with some legal accumen know if a forum thread can be brought in as a court case exhibit, either for the prosecution/plaintiff or the defendant? And would "cleaning it up" constitute tampering with evidence?

:unsure:

Again, just food for thought. I want to know just how serious a blow this has been to our site, because I think a fuller understanding will help us in recovering from it (to the extent that mere members can contribute to such recovery).

As I mentioned in the POSTPONED thread about the KIC event, the reason rules, guidelines, regulations, etc. exists is because of the idiotic actions of a few that ruin it for the rest.

I believe this action has caused serious repercussions to this forum. I predict that we will see one or more of the following:

• more "censorship" of topics and posts - and some of this may be due to increased KI review and scrutiny of what is posted here.
  • Some of our long time respected posters may leave, if not already left.
  • Don't know this for sure, but I am sure KI employment has some requirement regarding posting things about KI in social media, so we may lose current employees on the site unless they are authorized to be members from KI.
  • Forum may be forced to charge a nominal (either yearly or one-time fee) that would allow for identification tracking of users on this forum. This would serve multiple purposes - would hopefully prevent or substantially reduce the amount of "trolling" type activities as most are probably not going to want to spend additional money just to troll. It would also allow for follow-up investigation for folks posting stuff that was obtained illegally (either documents, on-ride photos, etc.). On the flip side, the forum would change drastically. I am sure we have many well-respected posters that prefer to remain anonymous.

I realize the last bullet is probably not going to be favored by many on the forum and may result in the death of this forum, but sometimes that is the only course of action when someone does something stupid. On the other hand, it could turn the forum into a much better self-regulated site as folks tend to not do something stupid if their real name is attached to it. Take a look at media sites - a lot of them now do not allow anonymous posting to news stories for this very reason.

I myself would like a better explanation than getting "cleaned up". Cleaned up to me sounds like a PR friendly way of saying CENSORED! This is america right...? not china. Since when did our discussion not belong to us?

If you like countless posts of bickering and attacking eachother that are all unrelated to the topic at hand...

• Like 9

Without crossing the line into politics, I'll say that there is a marked difference between government censorship and private censorship. Private citizens in America still have the right to protect their private and intellectual property from damage or harm. The government's purpose is to protect their right to do just that; not to step in and do it for them.

• Like 5

Kings Island and the mods of KIC do not owe us anything. This is their site they do what is needed to keep it here and they are very good at what they do. I for one am thankful we have such a great mod team here. Having been a mod on a few other sites I can understand just how hard of a job it can be. Especially when you have real life issues that pull you away from it. That being said this is their baby and they can do what they please with it.

• Like 6

I really hope bullet 3 doesn't go into effect, then I would not be happy, nor the something something employees here on site. BB1, who will just chill for a few, and see what happens.

This is meant only as a curiosity:

It occurs to me that some things can be subpoenaed as evidence in criminal and/or civil cases. Does anyone with some legal accumen know if a forum thread can be brought in as a court case exhibit, either for the prosecution/plaintiff or the defendant? And would "cleaning it up" constitute tampering with evidence?

:unsure:

Again, just food for thought. I want to know just how serious a blow this has been to our site, because I think a fuller understanding will help us in recovering from it (to the extent that mere members can contribute to such recovery).

without going into too much detail, emails and other electronic communciations can be entered into evidence (see the many cases on illegal music downloads). It wouldn't be tampering until official charges are filed against the alleged tresspasser.

• Like 1

Kings Island and the mods of KIC do not owe us anything. This is their site they do what is needed to keep it here and they are very good at what they do. I for one am thankful we have such a great mod team here. Having been a mod on a few other sites I can understand just how hard of a job it can be. Especially when you have real life issues that pull you away from it. That being said this is their baby and they can do what they please with it.

If anything we owe KIC mods an very big thank you for their work on the site and how they run the events. It may not appear much to some, but in all honesty, working on sites for hours on in, you get tired and want a break from it all, but they don't take a break from it. I am thankful that there are people like myself and mods who go on to sites and perfect great works about parks and coasters across the world.

So thanks Dane, and all the moderators that keep this place running! The work pays off in the long run!

• Like 9

Along KI-ORIG's point, was the poster banned from the site?

I think we all need a bit of a reality check. We just had a member, or a person whom went off our site, just committed one of the worst actions that one could perform, trespassing, that is a major mark on this site. We lost a great partnership with a great park over a member/reader using a "lie" and going into restricted area(s?) in the park. We have to fix us before our friendship with KI.

* it is too early to say "we" lost a great relationship.

* "After this, because of this" is often not true. Just because B follows A does not mean A caused B. Yes, the trespass apparently occurred. Yes, the event was postponed. That does not mean the event was postponed because the trespass apparently occurred. To hold every KIC member responsible for the irresponsible actions of one or two members is just as silly as holding every Methodist responsible because one member killed a puppy.

It doesn't make sense. The Kings Island management team would not do that.

There could be 101 reasons the event was postponed. The reaction here isn't helping matters.

• Like 9

In all honesty Terp, I am just stating a theory that feels too good to not be true. We did in a sense loose a partnership by us failing our part, but like most relationships can have a rough patch. I am just stating it in a more "worst case scenario" because it just lines up too well. Right after the event we loose our event, does that fall into coincidence or is it just matchable? I as well as many have concluded on this statement, but sadly there is always the what if factor which you pointed out. Now as well you must look at another finding I had about the event I believe I posted in the postponed section, anything can be possible but we have to debate the facts and the variables. BB1, for the first time an pessimist.

Why debate? The park KNOWS why the event was postponed. Why you or any other user THINKS it was really matters...and the park can remove a bad vibe many users are feeling by simply stating why it did what it did.

Again, if all users are being held accountable for the apparent idiotic actions of one or two, that's really sad.

• Like 2

I believe we may want to stay on the topic of the 2014 decoding topic and discuss the matter on the respectable topic thread, the Announcement/Postponed topic. I believe we will see no more of the "troll" posts and more than likely see all the more conversational posts on what could be an idea or a coaster type.

* it is too early to say "we" lost a great relationship.

* "After this, because of this" is often not true. Just because B follows A does not mean A caused B. Yes, the trespass apparently occurred. Yes, the event was postponed. That does not mean the event was postponed because the trespass apparently occurred. To hold every KIC member responsible for the irresponsible actions of one or two members is just as silly as holding every Methodist responsible because one member killed a puppy.

It doesn't make sense. The Kings Island management team would not do that.

There could be 101 reasons the event was postponed. The reaction here isn't helping matters.

Now that you mention it, I haven't heard any news about a trespass occurring. but apparently something occurred.

Now there is a lot of assuming going on here.

People have been assuming that HTCO's comments caused this act....nothing has been proven.

People are assuming that the perpetrator was a kic member....nothing has been proven.

People are assuming that the event was cancelled because of this act.....nothing has been proven

People are assuming the take down of the decoding link is strictly because of the incident...they told us they are cleaning the thread.

Everyone just chill...things will get back on track soon.

Because all the information posted on the internet is true, right? Hopefully we'll get details about what happened. I'd love love love to hear what happened. I'm surprised local media didn't pick up on this story.

I thought it was deleted. Then yesterday I got a notification that someone liked a post of mine, then I thought I was blocked from it. I've been told the topic " has been taken backstage and is hidden for everyone as it is cleaned up."