Starting to Decode 2014

This could be the equivalent of your parents finding out that you discovered what all they bought you for Christmas back in the day....snooping around where you shouldn't be! And they end up taking all of them back and you get coal instead!

So if we see them starting to remove footers and then announce that Mean Streak is being relocated to Kings Island next year for the "new ride" .....we all know why! ;)

• Like 2

Long time reader, first time poster. Not trying to derail this topic but I laughed hard at the mean streak relocation. To me it seems like a lot more work to relocate a woodie vs a steel, but I could be wrong. Either way, Am I the only one that thinks putting two inverts across from each other seems weird? Especially for a park laid out like KI? CP is a little different because it's smashed horizontally, but they still do a pretty good job not placing the similar coasters right next door. Also has anyone mentioned about how the coaster would look from 71? Personally I think it would be discussed amoung CF how the new coaster will look in the KI "skyline". A lot of people drive 71 everyday and even if they didn't see the marketing, they might notice a new coaster at the park driving by. Just my 2 cents.

Sorry about the 3 different posts. My phone posted my first one 3 times so I just edited them to add more comments. I'd love to see a giga or a maverick (as it's my favorite ride). But I think a maverick style ride or winged coaster would do better with Vortex'a space. I'm hoping with this space they do something big.

• Like 2

If we were getting a B&M, track fabricating would have to be well under way! Do you really think 5000 feet of track can be fabricated in 6 months and put in place, so they can do all the other electrical and mechanical things to the coaster and be ready to open in April? That means it needs to be finished in march, so the park can test for 30 days. The longer it takes track to show up at the B&M plant outside the less likely it's a B&M!

CSF can make about 12-15 track pieces in a week. I don't know how many pieces make up an average roller coaster, but look at Gatekeeper, they started manufacturing in the Fall...

• Like 1

Just FYI...

Just because there is not track out front, does not mean this will not be a B&M.

CSF is huge. It is possible to hide the track in the very back of the building, inside or out.

I was just out there today, and the same piece of green track is still there in the same spot. The same peice of track has been there for a couple months, which leads me to believe that it is a defective peice of Flying Over the Rainforest.

Remember, only a few peices of Diamondback had shown up prior to the announcement. After the announcement, more track started showing up at CSF.

Also, someone pointed out on another forum the difference in B&M's cross ties. Inverted / flying track has rounded cross ties. Above track cross ties are straight.

I have been looking at older and newer B&M's and found this to be very acurate.

My findings:

OzIris

g7rh6kp2bis000bpe1ps4c.jpg

Montu

mg30su2685gv00as0005mn.jpg

Manta

146fe1ps4cgmash0ng000b.jpg

Kumba

6rdg00he5o77ghj00l002u.jpg

Wild Eagle

a8ejq90012srgef1349bgk.jpg

Dominator

ndts3jo8pi0h71vng000n6.jpg

Leviathan

ido8p2e054tu8008o6s3jo.jpg

If indeed the coaster for KI is a B&M, we will be able to tell what it is based on the cross ties.

Just FYI...

Just because there is not track out front, does not mean this will not be a B&M.

CSF is huge. It is possible to hide the track in the very back of the building, inside or out.

I was just out there today, and the same piece of green track is still there in the same spot. The same peice of track has been there for a couple months, which leads me to believe that it is a defective peice of Flying Over the Rainforest.

Remember, only a few peices of Diamondback had shown up prior to the announcement. After the announcement, more track started showing up at CSF.

Also, someone pointed out on another forum the difference in B&M's cross ties. Inverted / flying track has rounded cross ties. Above track cross ties are straight.

I have been looking at older and newer B&M's and found this to be very acurate.

(Pictures wuz here, but McSalsa removed from this post to save web space and load times!)

If indeed the coaster for KI is a B&M, we will be able to tell what it is based on the cross ties.

Hmm...Montu or Oziris, Kumba, Dominator, Wild Eagle, Dominator, and Leviathan...you made me imagine them all in one park, LOL...I would go to that park if there were some good flat rides supporting these coasters. ;)

• Like 1

I mean when Diamondback was still a secret we all had our hopes for what it might be, and when it came out we got a hypercoaster, yes some people were disapointed because it wasnt the type of coaster they wanted but after riding it alot of them were no longer disapointed because it was a good ride, so why does it matter what type it is? As long as its a good ride we should be happy.

I mean we could get a giga or a invert or something comepletly different. but just because it would be a giga or invert does not mean it will be a good ride, it could be one of those and end up being the worst ride at Kings Island, so we should all be happy as long as we end up with a good ride.

• Like 8

Im new to the thread, and i dont wanna get off on the wrong foot with anyone but basically this is how i see it. I think we may get an invert but after someone pointing out the 8 bolts on a large footer, i dont know now what we are getting unless their is an invert with 8 bolts in some footers.

• Like 1

This is 100% a B&M. The footers prove it. Look at the same slots in these construction pictures. (Goliath SFOG, OzIris) The real question is what kind?cnpqgcr8002dk9jcocv46q.jpg2qc6qkpmc6fg8u1sism000.jpg

I'd LOVE LOVE an Intamin, but you're delusional if you think it's anything but a B&M.

• Like 2

Sounds like diversion track to me. Bravo to CSF and KI for keeping this thing under wrap still.

• Like 2

Guys trust me its not going to be for haunt and it's not going to be for 2015! We are getting a coaster and its a good chance it's not going to be a B&M! We have to go on facts and the fact is there isn't any B&M track to be found! It's going to be a different coaster manufacturer! If it is B&M I will be shocked!

Here is some evidence that this ride is a B&M. Prepared to be shocked. ^_^

Look at the diamond shaped holes in between the bolts on the footings on Goliath and Diamondback pictured below:

Goliath @ SFoG

0frhg8aq6o3ddc6dk0019r.jpg

Diamondback

IMG_2302.jpg

Now compare those to Kings Island 2014's project here:

IMG_2183.jpg

This was the track that was spotted outside CSF a wile back. Looks to be straight.

1Uaqyzm.jpg

This was the track that was spotted outside CSF a wile back. Looks to be straight.

1Uaqyzm.jpg

That track in the quote is still at CSF, and in the same place as the photo as of yesterday when I was there.

Look at the twisted track to the left. That is the top of a zero g roll or the top of a corkscrew. This is most likely for a floorless or a sitting coaster.

Examples:

029n0su26c090g2d6000v5.jpg

llaef1363t1015q001fjbg.jpg

• Like 2

I was at the park yesterday. Lots of work going on near the Adventure Express in terms of pouring footers. Other than that, no major differences! Oh, and I saw Don walking around the entrance to Diamondback, he seemed fairly upbeat and had a look of great determination! :D

• Like 2