Starting to Decode 2014

Idk why CF would want to invest a new B&M Invert for Kings Island or Floor-less for that matter. The last popular Invert I can think of is Patriot which was 2006. Both of these types of rides are older productions, inverts were popular in the 90's and floor-less in the late 90's early 2000's. I just do not believe at all that this will be an Invert or Floor-less. I think it is going to be a new product from B&M such as a Leviathan clone, or maybe something else we have not seen yet. I would say that this is just 1/4 of the rides actual coverage of land so far of whats under construction. By the time the ride is announced this thing will cover SOB full landscape.

B&M Giga or maybe a B&M Blitz coaster?

It is going to be a ride that puts Kings Island back to the top of being considered a major coaster park. And sorry to say this to all you people who an invert, but an Invert will not do this to the park.

• Like 2

Idk why CF would want to invest a new B&M Invert for Kings Island or Floor-less for that matter. The last popular Invert I can think of is Patriot which was 2006. Both of these types of rides are older productions, inverts were popular in the 90's and floor-less in the late 90's early 2000's. I just do not believe at all that this will be an Invert or Floor-less. I think it is going to be a new product from B&M such as a Leviathan clone, or maybe something else we have not seen yet. I would say that this is just 1/4 of the rides actual coverage of land so far of whats under construction. By the time the ride is announced this thing will cover SOB full landscape.

B&M Giga or maybe a B&M Blitz coaster?

It is going to be a ride that puts Kings Island back to the top of being considered a major coaster park. And sorry to say this to all you people who an invert, but an Invert will not do this to the park.

I agree so much about this. I think in order for ki to keep up in the game they must build another big ride. I think to keep up we need to see a intamin blitz or a giga.

• Like 3

I have to disagree here. I think adding a B&M Invert or Floorless will bring people back to that area of the park. If I'm part of the general public, I will ride anything that is new even if it is a B&M Invert or Floorless roller coaster. Plus, Kings Island needs a good solid B&M roller coaster no matter what type of roller coaster they bring out. I still am in favor of a Floorless roller coaster. ;)

I agree that this ride is going to be something HUGE. A long, tall, record breaker.

One, they have the horrible disaster that was SOB to put behind them. Two, they have the land and the topography. Three, there is no other ride in the park approaching that 300-400ft size.

When you add all the pieces together, it fits to be a 300+ foot tall, 7,000+ foot long coaster, utilizing the terrain to the maximum.

• Like 2

You have to look at trends that CF does with the parks. CF has the money to build massive rides, and these rides need to go to the top parks that they own. A B&M Invert would make since for a park like Michigan's Adventure (Go Bucks!) or just a park that is struggling in general. Kings Island is an awesome park and I enjoy visiting KI more than CP so I want KI to build something massive! Whatever it is I will go on it. But lets be real here, why in the heck would we want an invert to be put in this massive land mass!?

• Like 2

I personally would be absolutely thrilled with something like with an Intamin Accelerator like Xcelerator at Knotts. Your all right though! We need something to touch, or break the 300' mark. The KI skyline needs something that makes people on the highway say NO WAY! (Something besides Drop Tower.)

• Like 1

Kings Island needs something that will put in back on the map. It's up there with Cedar Point and Canada's wonderland. They are the three top parks in Cedar Fair. In 2012, Canada's Wonderland got Leviathan. In 2013, Cedar Point got Gatekeeper. In 2014, Kings Island needs to get something that will make blow your mind. Or even make you scream like a Banshee in excitement. :P I'm putting my money on a giga. There is a huge amount of space for one. But it could be ANYTHING.

• Like 3

Well the track I saw in June at CSF was for a standard B&M, not a WR or Invert.

**edit stupid auto spell **

Was it the green track to the left of the building if you are looking from the road?

That has been there for several months now.

Um No...

http://www.screamscape.com/html/industry_news.htm

That green track has been there prior to the posting on ScreamScape.

That was the green track I was asking about.

The other unpainted track is still in the same spot as well, as I said before.

• Like 1

I'm starting to think that the unpainted track outside we saw a couple of months ago is for Kings Island.

If only we got a picture of the label on that track....(we would know the model and if is going to Heide Park). It wouldn't tell us 100% if its going to KI, but it would narrow down the possibilities.

• Like 1

Is it my imagination or did a bunch of posts get deleted out of this thread? I thought it was 6 pages, now it's showing as 3.

I know. I made a post not too long ago in this thread, and it's not showing up. I also noticed some weird things happened earlier today with HTCO's apology thread. I left a comment in it, then the whole thread disappeared. After I logged out and then logged back in, it was there. Very strange.

I hate saying it but the size and layout of the footers resembles Silver Bullet at Knott's, especially now that more have been poured and they've gotten kind of crowded. I can't explain the triangular footers though. It could be a new element or a refined support method.

http://rcdb.com/2536.htm?p=0

It's really still too early to make a final guess though. I wouldn't hate an invert and Montu is one of my favorite rides, but I'm being kind of selfish and hoping for a twisty floorless with lots of inversions because I've never ridden one.

• Like 1

I am new and made a post on the old thread about how I would be disappointed if it were an invert. I really don't know much about footers or things like that, but it seemed most people on here had concluded that the ride.will be an inverted coaster. I have to say that I'm really happy to see others holding out hope that this may be a giga or Maverick-style coaster. Though coasters and theme parks are a huge interest of mine, as a mon of3 I don't have much time to visit different theme parks to try out all types of coasters. I live in Lexington and have been going to Kings Island at least once a year since birth (1981) and have been to Cedar Point once, in 2007. I have only been to a few other Six Flags parks and the Orlando area parks several times. I don't pretend to be as knowledgeable as the majority of you seem to be, but I will say that from my sole trip to CP on '07, the only ride that really made a huge impression on me was Millenium Force. I honestly still have dreams about riding it to this day. I also found Maverick and Magnum to be a lot of fun, but other than that, I can barely remember what we rode. It wasn't until my husband and I were looking at some pictures from our trip that I even remembered that we rode Raptor and then I recalled that it was rough and uncomfortable for both of us.

Maybe I am in the minority and inverts like Raptor made a lasting impression on others the way MF made an impression on my husband and me, but I can honestly say that I can't wait until all of my boys are tall enough ride the coasters at CP so we can take them on MF. For us it surpassed anything we've ever ridden at Disney or even KI. I feel like KI needs a ride that will have this effect on the general public, the way The Beast once did. Maybe I am off base to say this, but I don't believe an invert is gonna do it. I think DB ALMOST does it, but not quite. Anyway, that is just my opinion. I may be way off.

posts have been popping on and off all day. I've made posts to only see them gone an hour later....and then they magically reappear...

The same with mine! :mellow:

Don't worry I'm sure everything will be back after some time. Things like that happen when switching things around on forums.

posts have been popping on and off all day. I've made posts to only see them gone an hour later....and then they magically reappear...

The same with mine! :mellow:

Don't worry I'm sure everything will be back after some time. Things like that happen when switching things around on forums.

This happens unfortunately when the DNS servers change. You bounce back and forth between new server and old for about a day.

• Like 1

Would someone please explain to me what is bad about an invert? I will ride anything and maybe im fond of an inver bc it was my first. Don't it really come down to how it rides and what it does not so much how it sits? Im no expert I just ride what they have, maybe somebody can school me a little on whats diffrent about them?

• Like 1