What is your favorite roller coaster at KI?

Rcoaster10

Diamondback, just cause it's awesome. But The Beast is awesome in a completely different way. They're uncomparable, and I love them both, so for me the winner is Diamondback--but my favorite could change depending on the day. Sometimes I feel like The Beast is better, other times I think Diamondback is better...They're both so different.

• Like 2

While my vote obviously goes for Beast, I really think Diamondback was a great addition to the park, and compliments The Beast well in being so different. For some examples...

Easily Visible?

Diamondback: Yes, looms over most of Rivertown and can be clearly seen from all over the park and from the parking lot, as if it is begging for attention

The Beast: Not really, it "hides" in the woods, so you have to ride it to see most of it. Even riding Vortex or WindSeeker, two large rides nearby, only reveals a little bit.

Airtime?
Diamondback: Diamondback was literally born for it- heaps of floater air (sometimes even ejector) over every hill!

The Beast: One pop on the second drop, if you're lucky.

Style of Layout?
Diamondback: Pretty par-for-the-course for a modern B&M Hypercoaster, the splashdown being the only element really never seen before.

The Beast: Unlike any other wooden roller coaster ever built, mainly due to its long sections of straight track and huge turns.

Smoothness?
Diamondback: Some rattling, but meant to be smooth.

The Beast: Not horribly rough for a wooden coaster...but it is still 100% a wooden coaster so there is plenty of shaking and rumbling!

Tunnels?
Diamondback: What are tunnels?
The Beast: 4.

Finale?
Diamondback: Splashdown into water visible to everyone in the area.

The Beast: Insane helix tunnel visible to only its riders, and maybe people on Vortex & WindSeeker.

Interaction with woods?
Diamondback: Not really, you're always so high above the treeline...

The Beast: Plenty.

Type of Coaster?
Diamondback: Steel.

The Beast: Wood.

Type of Animal Logo is depicting?
Diamondback: A Diamondback snake, a reptile.

The Beast: Unknown, but it has fur, so it's likely a mammal.

I see them as Ying-and-Yang for these and some other reasons. So different, yet generally both end up getting so much love from guests...

• Like 3

I had to pick Diamondback for my favorite coaster at Kings Island, because of the speed and airtime. The Beast is my second favorite at Kings Island. They are very different rides, so I can not compare them. The Beast is my favorite Wooden coaster and Diamondback is my favorite Steel coaster.(Yes I've been to Holiday World and Cedar Point)

I picked Invertigo because it's awesome! B) But seriously, though, it's my favorite coaster in the park because of the steep drop and the high speed at which it goes through the course. However, I only try to ride in the front or back because I think it's very awkward looking at someone the entire ride.

• 2 weeks later...