To past and present KI employees

Snowman

I want to share my thoughts about past and present KI employees who read/post on this website's forums and hope you will do the same.

With all the hoopla(5 forum pages in 24 hours) about the new ride coming, and the vitriol (flaming, shredding, generally pi$$y back and forths) flying around here, I'd like to send out a genuine "Thank You" to every KI employee past and present who post here.

I'm leaning on my 3rd year as a member of KIC. My wife and I moved to Cincinnati after vacationing here in 2009. I wanted to find out everything I could about my new home park and found this site after an employee told me about KIC. I had hundreds of questions that were all answered, some with humor and sarcasm but all were answered completely.

(To the newbies: Ask if "anyone" knows an answer to any question you might have... go ahead... I dare you!)

I received the most thorough education about Ki thanks to the many members and employees who shared there knowledge on these forums.

Then came the what "Was DA going to be?" thread and people began fighting so much they locked it and many members disappeared. Well, here we go again.

I don't want this latest fiasco to turn present/past employees away from KIC. I don't think the newbies here realize what a treasure trove of knowledge can be learned on these forums.

The new ride will be announced soon, and this will all die down, many newbs will disappear, and maybe things will get back to normal.

Hopefully not too many of you are soured on all this. Please stick around, you all are muchly appreciated.

• Like 22

Well said, Snowman!

Speaking for myself (and like if anyone agrees):

I think our love for what KIC has been for us is stronger than even this current, passing storm of controversy, and it would take a heck of a lot more than that to make at least this member want to abandon/walk away from it.

• Like 8

To be honest, I just took a break from the site, and to come back sooner was from this "storm" TB has spoken of. I just don't feel right when I sit out on other sites and I couldn't help this one better. Like I said, I'm here and I am going to help to fix this site along with fellow members.

• Like 3

Snowman, great way to put it! You have contributed a lot to this site, so for that, Thank You!

TB, you continue to lighten the situation that previously happened in an effort to put it behind us. I think we all appreciate that! Along with all the other ways that you have contributed to the site over the years, Thanks!

So lets all put this behind us!

• Like 3

I have always found the KIC community to be light hearted, witty, and quite insightful. While I am very new as a member, I have always gone back and referred to this website for any information I've needed. This community will bounce back, just as it has done before. You all are very strong and dedicated people!

• Like 3

Well said. I see this site as a KI fan site. Not a roller coaster enthusiast site. When everything went down a few days ago I stopped paying attention. I checked in once in a while but there was nothing I could or cared to contribute so I didn't. I have a feeling employees feel the same way. The moment it turns into a roller coaster enthusiast flaming and trolling free-for-all a lot of people are going to turn away especially employees. I know I wouldn't want to contribute to a site that magnifies some of the most annoying aspects of my job.

• Like 2

I've only been a member on here for about a month, so I think I'd still fall under the "newbie" category. I joined not only to follow Project 2014 (which was how I first discovered this site), but also to carry on insightful, friendly conversations with people who share the same interests as me. Already I can tell there are some great people on here, and I've had several chats with members. Making new friends and contributing positively to things both related to and not related to KI is what this site is all about. Let's all just move on from what has recently happened and try to rebuild our community. As new and inexperienced as I am on these forums compared to some others, I hope to gain your respect and friendship. I will help as much as I can to move this site away from prior events, and help move it in a positive direction. It's time to refocus and bring KIC back to its glory.

• Like 6

Ive seen bad things said here and there though for the most part even the negative things have for the most part been clearly meant as teasing. Unfortunately i seen some be not so teasing twards other members but ive always hoped when that does happen the recipient can look past that 1 or 2 people and realize its not worth leaving a good forum over the actions of 1 or few people

• Like 2

Thank you, Snowman, for the kind words. As a long time employee of the park (this year's Haunt will mark my 22nd season with the park) in a variety of positions, and as a fan for even longer, I enjoy sharing any knowledge and insight that I can, and reading the experiences and insights of others. On the flip side, I am sometimes tortured by biting my tongue and keeping quiet on things that I can't talk about yet, or ever. (Lately, this usually happens around this time of year, when we Haunt associates learn of new and returning attractions that haven't been announced yet, and I want to say where I've been placed but have to wait until the official park announcements).

I discovered the predecessor to this site, PKIU, while I was employed with the park years ago in a management capacity. Since I was in the position that I was, I just lurked there. But then during a 3 year hiatus from employment with the park, I discovered this site, became a member, and have enjoyed myself thoroughly with the discussions and friendships, both in real life and "virtual", that have been spawned from here.

Everything is cyclical, including this site. Like our favorite rides, it has it's ups and downs, it's twists and turns, some people get off, new ones get on, and some of us like to marathon it as much as we can, dreading the day that we reach that final stop in the station.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a past employee and despite some bashings I have gotten I'm not going anywhere!!! The humorous entertaining posts far outweigh the not so nice posts :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2