KI PTC train Lapbars

IndyGuy4KI

I know I have talked to a few members about this at the park, but I don't think I ever made it a topic on the boards.

I noticed that the left side of The Beast or Racer trains (can't remember which one) have received new lab bars or at least the padding is new this season. I wonder why they go with the orange lap bars instead of the black ones that I have seen on other PTC trains at other parks? Is there a difference in the orange and black ones besides the color? Is it just a KI preference? I would think for The Beast the black bars would look better with the red painted trains than the orange ones.

I wondered if anyone else has given this any thought? :rolleyes:

I haven't ridden very many PTC trains, but I have noticed that the ones with black lap bars that I remember (primarily the three at HW), when the bar is pushed down to a "click", it will then spring back up an inch or two, providing a bit of breathing room and helping prevent stapling. The orange lap bars we have at KI don't do that; when you push them down to a click, they stay right there. I can't for the life of me remember what lap bars the woodies at CP or Stricker's have, or what kind of trains Gwazi at BGT has (those five parks account for all of my wooden coasters).

I can't for the life of me remember what lap bars the woodies... Stricker's have, or what kind of trains Gwazi at BGT has .

Stricker's doesn't use orange lap bars, but a black single position bar.

Gwazi uses Millenium Flyers. (and doesn't have orange bars)

I can't for the life of me remember what lap bars the woodies... Stricker's have, or what kind of trains Gwazi at BGT has .

Stricker's doesn't use orange lap bars, but a black single position bar.

On Teddy Bear, yes, but I believe Tornado has standard ratcheting lap bars.

Yes, IndyGuy4KI, I have given this thought on many occasions and I have asked management about it before.

The supposed reason that I was told for choosing orange lapbars for The Beast was because they felt that the color better suited The Beast than other color options....But as for The Racer having orange, I'm not really sure. I'd guess the reason that The Racer has orange instead of black is because it's just easier just to order one color.

Unless thats changed in the past couple of years. The bars on Tornado aren't ratcheting

In October 2011 and the same month in 2012 (the two times I've been to Stricker's), I'm 90% certain they were. What date are you using as a reference?

Yes, IndyGuy4KI, I have given this thought on many occasions and I have asked management about it before.

The supposed reason that I was told for choosing orange lapbars for The Beast was because they felt that the color better suited The Beast than other color options....But as for The Racer having orange, I'm not really sure. I'd guess the reason that The Racer has orange instead of black is because it's just easier just to order one color.

"Management," rightfully so, BSed you. It's the same reason their used to be yellow tape on the bottom of the restraints for TG and Vortex. Or the same reason the bottom of Invertigos restraints are yellow. Or the same reason FoF restraints are orange

• Like 1

Unless thats changed in the past couple of years. The bars on Tornado aren't ratcheting

In October 2011 and the same month in 2012 (the two times I've been to Stricker's), I'm 90% certain they were. What date are you using as a reference?

They are the single position buzz bars. I took note, as I am a fan of those and the air time they provide me, unlike the ratcheting ones that I have to be stapled into.

They are the single position buzz bars. I took note, as I am a fan of those and the air time they provide me, unlike the ratcheting ones that I have to be stapled into.

Yep. Somebody linked to a picture of them earlier confirming it, but it was lost in the server change. I believe it was on RCDB.