Trip Tips for Kings Island in October

RideWarriorAP

Hey everyone, I am planning a trip to Kings Island this October on a Saturday. I have never been to KI for the Halloween events, only at CP. I hope that Kings Island is not as busy on a Saturday like how CP is during Halloweekends. Can anyone give me some tips at all for visiting the park during this time of the year? Not sure which weekend I am going, any input would be helpful!!!

Avoid Saturday at all costs during the Halloween season. The park will be absolutely packed.

Are you going for Halloween Haunt, the kids' event, or both? If at all possible, do Haunt on Friday night and the kids' event on Sunday. Both of those days will be far, far less busy than Saturday, plus the cost of admission on those days is lower.

• Like 2

In previous years, crowds were much bigger on Saturdays than Fridays, and Fridays were usually on par with Sundays. As IndyGuy said, the closer to Halloween you get, the crazier the crowds on each of those days, although Sundays usually stay pretty light. The longer you wait to go, the fewer scareactors there will be in each maze and around the park.

I've never been to one of the infamous Halloweekend Saturdays at Cedar Point, but from what I understand, lines at Kings Island aren't quite as bad on Saturdays as they are at CP. It's still nearly shoulder-to-shoulder, but in my experience, it's still possible to hit up at least all the major haunts if you're not trying to ride rides in the meantime.

I realize you said you're only going on a Saturday, so I'd highly suggest September 21 or 28. If you're only going for Haunt, I'd recommend the 21st over the 28th. (I say that because the park opens at 7 to the public on Sept. 21.) Otherwise, the 28th is your day.

(Sorry if this is kinda scattered--I'm typing this in a hurry.)

Thanks for the input everyone. Sounds to me like Friday is the best day to go, which I figured it would be. I went to KI with my girlfriend last Thursday and it was an awesome day minus the 100 degree heat. The rides were walk on's expect for Soak City lol. But anyways, we wanted to visit the park for Halloween and change it up instead of going to Cedar Point's. I figured everyone's opinions would be to stay away from Saturday's since CP is just as bad with over 2 hour waits for rides like the Corkscrew...yeah right, not worth it.

Also, has anyone been to both CP and KI Halloween events? How do they compare?

I want to go for the Halloween stuff mainly, but also to ride the rides as well. Sundays will be pointless since most of the Halloween attractions will be closed since its only open till 7. To be honest the rides I will go on now after my last visit to KI last thursday is Diamondback, Beast, Racer, Flight of Fear, Invertigo (once) and Firehawk (once). Vortex and the other rides I gave up on. My headache has not gone away since.

• Like 1

We go on Sundays in Oct. The crowd is sparse and the lines almost non existent.

Tried the haunt thing back in 2010 and I found out that none of it scared me in the slightest. Was fun to watch the wife absolutely freak at every turn though. The crowds are insanely large and I don't like that at all.

Now we help run a local Haunt, doing the scaring is much more fun.

I, too, LOVE to go on Sundays in October, where it is not uncommon for me to be able to marathon Vortex (or just about any other coaster, for that matter) when there is a virtually non-existent line. (on Sunday, October 14, 2012, I rode Vortex for 18 consecutive cycles!) The only bad thing about October is that the season is almost over. :(

The only October Saturday I've gone to the park was on October 23, 2010, (in the morning, not during Haunt) and needless to say it was busier. But it was still fun nonetheless.

• Like 1

Hey everyone, I am planning a trip to Kings Island this October on a Saturday. I have never been to KI for the Halloween events, only at CP. I hope that Kings Island is not as busy on a Saturday like how CP is during Halloweekends. Can anyone give me some tips at all for visiting the park during this time of the year? Not sure which weekend I am going, any input would be helpful!!!

I personally love Halloweekends at Kings Island. I'm planning to go to CP's in September to try it out. KI seems to just have a more fall feeling than CP. Anyway, I suggest Fast Lane for the rides if at all possible, but not for the haunted attractions. They move pretty fast.

I personally love Halloweekends at Kings Island. I'm planning to go to CP's in September to try it out. KI seems to just have a more fall feeling than CP. Anyway, I suggest Fast Lane for the rides if at all possible, but not for the haunted attractions. They move pretty fast.

Good idea to go to CP in September. It is my favorite time of year to go, Labor Day is the best. But do not ever plan a trip to CP on a Saturday in October, such a waste of a day. Halloweekends the past few years did not impress me that much.

Good idea to go to CP in September. It is my favorite time of year to go, Labor Day is the best. But do not ever plan a trip to CP on a Saturday in October, such a waste of a day. Halloweekends the past few years did not impress me that much.

So, in your opinion, KI's is better than CP? I was sort thinking it would be that way. What about KD's? Ever been to it?