KICentral Server Change Complete

If you see this message, you are now using the new KICentral.com cloud based server. This will allow for faster page loading times and a more stable experience.

Some recent posts from overnight may have been lost during this transition. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

• Like 11

If you see this message, you are now using the new KICentral.com cloud based server. This will allow for faster page loading times and a more stable experience.

Some recent posts from overnight may have been lost during this transition. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Will it come back?

No any posts made after made a full backup late last night will be MIA.

I had too....

1. Create a full cPanel backup

2. Compress it

3. Download it

4. Upload it to the new servers

5. Decompress it

6. Tweak some settings for the databases

7. Change the DNS nameservers.

I see a nap in my future today.

• Like 10

I'm still getting the old server on some devices. I posted a message there, so anyone else ending up there knows they're getting outdated pages.

If anyone is having problems seeing new posts, you may have a bad DNS server (*cough* time warner *cough*) that is storing the cached IP address longer than the TTL allows. Clearing your computer's DNS cache, rebooting your device/router, or simply waiting a few hours might resolve the problem.

No any posts made after made a full backup late last night will be MIA.

I had too....

1. Create a full cPanel backup

2. Compress it

3. Download it

4. Upload it to the new servers

5. Decompress it

6. Tweak some settings for the databases

7. Change the DNS nameservers.

I see a nap in my future today.

I finally made it to the new server, and I think some people are still on the old one.

The server change resulted in new authoritative DNS servers. Changes to these can take up to 48 hours to propagate across the entire Internet, so these issues could continue until 10:00am Sunday.

Apparently, adding the new records to the old authoritative server isn't possible due to a Wordpress error. I'm not sure of those details.

If you get to the old server now, the workaround instructions I posted are displaying on a "maintenance mode" downtime page.

EDIT: By the way, Terp is trapped in The Twilight Zone.

• Like 2

The server change resulted in new authoritative DNS servers. Changes to these can take up to 48 hours to propagate across the entire Internet, so these issues could continue until 10:00am Sunday.

Apparently, adding the new records to the old authoritative server isn't possible due to a Wordpress error. I'm not sure of those details.

If you get to the old server now, the workaround instructions I posted are displaying on a "maintenance mode" downtime page.

EDIT: By the way, Terp is trapped in The Twilight Zone.

The twilight zone?

Terp's been caught in The Twilight Zone for years, testing the outer limits.

As for posting things most will never see, that's a good thing. I really didn't mean to spill all those beans last night, Mr. H. I'm sorry! :)

Thank you, Mr. Dane. I particularly appreciate the things you've done, both over the many years and in the background these past few, trying days to maintain this site, in ways very few will ever know, and that others will benefit from.

You truly are a great guy, Mr. Dane.

Again, for all you do, this thanks' for you!

• Like 3

Will we be unable to see who is reading a thread now for good?

I'm on a mobile (using desktop version of site) and it doesn't show who's reading anymore.

But thank you for your up keep to this website!

I turned it off from showing up on forums view to save load on the mySQL database.

• Like 3

Is anyone experiencing on the mobile site that when you select to read a topic, the topic starts now opens on page 1; whereas before the change (at least for me), it would go to the last page of the topic? With topics more than a couple pages, I am hitting the NEXT button way too many times!