An Interesting Time on KICentral

Dane

It has certainly been a interesting week here on KICentral. We are seeing a massive influx of new posters and traffic that is very exciting to us all. A few things that we must all certainly keep in mind as we are all in this journey together as to Whats in Store for "One Four."

KICentral has been around for 10 years strong now and while we have had issues in the past, none of which have been as dumb as someone did this week. As we don't know if they were a member or not on this site, it still put a dark cloud over our close relationship with the park. A individual made an inappropriate post recommending to go to the park "ASAP" in which person did just that (after hours) was caught by K.I. Security and when questioned, referenced the post.

We have assisted the park in their research in this matter by quarantining the thread in question. The park has completed their investigation and have dealt with the appropriate individuals.

On to some good news.

With KICentral getting larger and larger we have migrated to a new server that is cloud based. This means if one server gets too busy, we automatically load balance ourselves onto a new machine seamlessly. The DNS server changed this morning, while this change was instant for some users, others may have experienced delays. Any posts made by those users today will be stuck on the old server. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience as I have never seen a DNS server swap take this long before.

In even better news, since the investigation is completed in the trespassing incident. I'd like to announce that we will be continuing on as planned celebrating our 10th birthday at the park on Sept. 8th. Lots of special activities planned for the day with more details to come. This event will be free with park admission.

• Like 38

Two questions, and I'd appreciate it if everyone will please avoid opening the can of worms that the first question may otherwise lead to and stick to the specific question asked and no more if you wish to comment on it. :)

1. Is there an estimated timeframe for the restoration of the old decoding thread? We have a replacement for now, but I'm wondering how long I should expect it to take for the old thread to be made public again.

2. Is there a way to access the old server temporarily (via a raw IP address, for example) before it is taken down? It would be nice if we could pop over there and retrieve some of the posts that were lost in the migration.

Otherwise, I'm glad to hear that the birthday bash is back on. :)

Thanks for everything you do to keep the site running!

1. Is there an estimated timeframe for the restoration of the old decoding thread? We have a replacement for now, but I'm wondering how long I should expect it to take for the old thread to be made public again.

2. Is there a way to access the old server temporarily (via a raw IP address, for example) before it is taken down? It would be nice if we could pop over there and retrieve some of the posts that were lost in the migration.

1. It is now back up.

2. No as that board has been turned offline to prevent further confusion.

Thank you, Mr. Dane. I particularly appreciate the things you've done, both over the many years and in the background these past few, trying days to maintain this site, in ways very few will ever know, and that others will benefit from.

You truly are a great guy, Mr. Dane.

Again, for all you do, this thanks' for you!

• Like 13

I wish to thank everyone at KIC for all their hard work. It has been a fun 10 years!

Perhaps the execs at KIC will accept "donations" to help with the site? I'm sure there is an expense for running/ operating KIC and I (and I'm sure others) would like to help out.

KIC has let me take a break from life a little bit each day over the past 10 years. It's only fair for me to show gratitude back!

:)

• Like 9

Cool beans. Glad to hear everything is on it's way to getting back to normal. I've been a part if this site for almost seven years, and I want to thank everyone involved with keeping the site rollin'. Dane, Ryan, you guys are the bees knees and I'd love to buy you guys a beer.

• Like 4

Thanks Dane! Your hard work is appreciated in more ways than you can imagine. As I see responsible young individuals coming to this site and learning about the park they love, it reminds me this site is needed as an outlet for those individuals to learn about the park and industry they love. I think the mast majority of us try very hard to be welcoming and accepting to all, and we appreciate all the work you put in to keep the site up and going!

• Like 7

I wish to thank everyone at KIC for all their hard work. It has been a fun 10 years!

Perhaps the execs at KIC will accept "donations" to help with the site? I'm sure there is an expense for running/ operating KIC and I (and I'm sure others) would like to help out.

KIC has let me take a break from life a little bit each day over the past 10 years. It's only fair for me to show gratitude back!

If I am not mistaken, I believe the execs at KIC get a little bit of revenue from the ads that pop up on the forum for those that are not logged in? Probably not enough to quit a job, and perhaps not enough to even cover the costs of the site?

If I am not mistaken, I believe the execs at KIC get a little bit of revenue from the ads that pop up on the forum for those that are not logged in? Probably not enough to quit a job, and perhaps not enough to even cover the costs of the site?

They do well enough to cover tings. We will never ask for donations ever in the foreseeable future unless its for charity.

• Like 2