Halloween Haunt 2013

dwitb

First thought:

Whoa whoa WHOA. They got rid of Mysteria?! That only leaves CarnEvil as the last haunt from the 2001 Paramount FearFest. Anyway, I think I have a good guess to where at least one of the new attractions will go.

- Delta Delta Die (DDD): I can almost guarantee this will take Massacre Manor's spot; most of the previous theming can stay intact as I'm assuming we're receiving a sorority house under siege (Cedar Fair's take on Busch Gardens' Delta Epsilon Delta [DED]). Although now I'm worried this will be the same as the change from Death Row to Mysteria (or more like from House of Darkness to Fear Street Nights/Massacre Manor), with a minor costume change and maybe one or two new scenic details. Please make this wow me.

- Backwoods Bayou: The Bier Garten patio now looks to be almost unusable without a roof over some of the seating, but it looked as if they replaced the old benches with ones that easily be taken out to make space for a maze. Unless, of course, they move CornStalkers yet again and BB goes inside Tower Gardens. Or it could be in a whole new location (maybe a brand new trail has been built?) or maybe a new fear zone taking over either Oktoberfest or Rivertown. Either way, cannibalistic inbred maniacs (not counting Slaughter House) making a return to the Island after they went extinct from the dinosaurs? Count me excited.

- Board to Death: At first, I thought this would go in Hangar 13 (opposite Flight of Fear), but I think they might permanently axe that location for Crowd Control purposes (X-Base has always been a literal nightmare trying to weave through traffic for two coasters and a haunted house in an alley). If not, then perhaps we may set sail aboard a ship; maybe the pirates will make a return back to an indoor location, or the focus will shift more to a cruise liner reminiscent of the Titanic. Or this could actually be a new show. Have no clue.

And yes, I did just come up with all of this in my head just now. :unsure:

• Like 1

Here's what I'm thinking they could be. Just speculation.

Board to Death- Haunted school, similar to the theme of Dent Schoolhouse. I see this going in where Mysteria was.

Delta Delta Die- I figured this is either a sorority or fraternity themed haunt. As Ringmaster stated, this could be the replacement for Massacre Manor. I'm sure it'll be a party gone wrong.

Backwoods Bayou- I could see two different things with this. One being similar to Blood on the Bayou at Cedar Point's Halloweekends or a sort of summer camp gone wrong. I see this being an actual trail behind Dinosaurs Alive.

• Like 3

Backwoods Bayou sounds promising! I'm picturing it being like Trail of Terror only bayou themed! Delta Delta Die probably won't be that great if it is fraternity/ sorority/college party themed. Not sure what to think about Board to Death yet though! Either way, I can't wait until Haunt :)

If they make it a Southern ToT, I will love BB (hint hint) for awhile. I see the same as RingMaster right when I saw the news, so look for my thoughts in his post.

• Like 2

Backwoods Bayou sounds promising! I'm picturing it being like Trail of Terror only bayou themed! Delta Delta Die probably won't be that great if it is fraternity/ sorority/college party themed. Not sure what to think about Board to Death yet though! Either way, I can't wait until Haunt :)

I love New Orleans, I hope the bayou theme has an Angel Heart/ Voodoo vibe. Plus, above ground crypts would be a lot more convincing than mere boxes every eight feet.

dwitb, I disagree about Slaughterhouse. I thought it was up to par, as always. My only trouble with Slaughterhouse is that I started with five members to my party, and by the time we got to the door, there was only one other brave soul left besides me.

The cowards.

• Like 5

I love New Orleans, I hope the bayou theme has an Angel Heart/ Voodoo vibe. Plus, above ground crypts would be a lot more convincing than mere boxes every eight feet.

dwitb, I disagree about Slaughterhouse. I thought it was up to par, as always. My only trouble with Slaughterhouse is that I started with five members to my party, and by the time we got to the door, there was only one other brave soul left besides me.

The cowards.

I love it when people back out. The year before last they had that creepy woman walking around outside talking all crazy like to people. She even looked at my wife and told her she loved her brown hair and green eyes and that her eyes would taste so good. I just didn't like it as much last year. Can't wait for this year's though.

• Like 1

Does anyone know when they will start sign ups to scare this year? And also is it true that you can't visit Halloween Haunt on any days you have off? (or is it just that you never have a day off?) I was just wondering because I want to scare this year but I don't want to miss out on seeing the new mazes and Ed Alonzo show!

Hiring should be happening soon..not sure on an actual date.

I don't think that it's not true that you can't visit Halloween Haunt but more than likely you'll be working each night unless you have an availability issue. I do know that there have been preview nights for those working, where cast members from like 2 mazes or attractions go to 2 other mazes or attractions to check them out and give those in the visited mazes/attractions practice on scaring.

• Like 2

I'm curious about what Board to Death is about. There could be many things. My first thought was that it would be pirate related, but now I'm not so sure. I could be abouyt a boarding school, carpentry, or even boarding a train or a plane.

Now after I typed that I'm guessing the premise will be you will board either a train or a plane, and will encounter terrifying things while on your journey.