Halloween Haunt 2013

dwitb

This is not an official release, just the guesses of the one guy who runs the site and whatever random person he decided was "reliable" this week. Never trust Screamscape.

If the park wanted to release the themes, they would do so through their own website or their own Facebook or Twitter account, not through a site notorious for its unreliablity.

So again, were you explicitly given permission to post that information? The answer to that question is most likely "no".

Can you remove those posts? Or who do we ask to remove them?

You can ask an admin to remove them by clicking the report link on one of them. I am not and never will be an admin here because I would be too trigger-happy with the ban button.

• Like 1

According to screamscape.com here's what the new attractions will be like:

“Board To Death” is a new maze with an evil board game theme, just think of it as Jumanji with lots of blood, gore and boobytraps.

“Delta Delta Die” will take you inside the ultimate college rush party... one you may not survive.

“Backwoods Bayou” is fairly self explanatory... as any haunt with banjo music is always of great concern.

Anything and everything is posted on Screamscape. Is there false information? Yes. Is there truthful information? Yes. The trick is to try and decipher what is true and what isn't. No, I don't read Screamscape like it's the Bible, but if I want to read the latest rumors then I'll check it. I'll never get my hopes up on anything I read there, but sometimes the things that are posted do turn out to be true. It's interesting, nevertheless.

• Like 2

The last time I was at Kings Island for their Halloween it was still called "fear fest" and as i recall most of the haunted houses were geared more toward older children early teens. Since Cedar Fair took over are they anymore geared towards adults than before or about te same?

The last time I was at Kings Island for their Halloween it was still called "fear fest" and as i recall most of the haunted houses were geared more toward older children early teens. Since Cedar Fair took over are they anymore geared towards adults than before or about te same?

Its hard to say...seems like theyre geared towards teens and adults but every year I see people with young kids. after going to the haunted hoochie in columbus I realized how much more family oriented KIs haunt is. still love it though! :)

Anyone else working Haunt this year??

im Auditioning Friday.. wish me luck? im scared that ill mess up haha.

It's not so much an audition as it is just an interview TBH. Auditions are more for their more permanent entertainers.

I was a little baffled since I was expecting to be asked to scream and crawl around and such. :lol:

It only made sense to me since the LEADS auditions had you perform similarly to how you would during employment, when I auditioned.

The most "acting" I did was when I was asked, during my interview, what kind of things I would say in that particular haunt. So more of testing the cleverness of your improv? I don't know, you'll be fine as long as you don't do something inconceivably weird or unacceptable. Haha :ph34r:

• Like 1

^ There's this website that serves as a compendium of human knowledge, and it's particularly helpful with unfamiliar and weird subjects. Perhaps you've heard of it. ;)

EDIT: Beat by seconds

:P

I'm trying to wean myself off of Wikipedia, actually.

Searched "Let's Play Slender", this is the first video that popped up, though tons of people have reactions. You could even jump just by watching someone play it hahaha

BTW: Some profanities are present in the video.

Thanks. I'll watch that tomorrow when I won't risk waking someone up with a scream. :)

• Like 2

Universal Studios has been doing Halloween Horror Nights for over 20 years. They typically go all-out in terms of effects, themes, etc. Their budget is much much bigger than KI's is. A simple visit to their web site can give you an idea. As KI is a seasonal park, CF doesn't spend nearly as much time or money planning as Universal does. HHN is also a seperately-ticketed event. I recall a few years ago KI tried to make theirs a seperatly-ticketed event for everyone (including passholders) and the backlash was immediate and brutal. The park changed course rather quickly and went back to making the event free with a gold/platinum pass.

• Like 1