Halloween Haunt 2013

dwitb

Friday Nights are not DEAD! I have been to Haunt on Friday Nights and had to park in Over Flow parking!

Yes, they're not dead at all. Several years when I wanted to go to HalloWeekends for the first time (and am now in love with it) my family decided to go on a Friday since I read how empty it was supposed to be. Well it was quite a shock to get to the park and find it far from emtpy. Everything still had decent waits, and sometimes even long waits. I remember waiting 45min-1 hour on many of the haunts.

KI's Haunt website is live:

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/haunt

Interestingly, the last two weekends are called "premium" weekends and priced accordingly. I suppose they want to spread the crowds out better.

Ed Alonzo showtimes are 7:30pm, 9:00pm, 11:00pm Fridays; 7:00pm, 9:00pm, 10:00pm Saturdays.

EDIT: Just went back to the site, and the information on "premium" weekends is gone. It seems that the site is still undergoing changes.

• Like 1

I'm a little confused about where they're going to place Backwoods Bayou. It's listed as being part of Cemetery Drive, which usually takes up the length of International Street. Are they going to try to split up IS half and half with the theme, or are they going to take advantage of the International Street-Coney Maul and International Street-Rivertown paths? (Not that it matters to me; I've always liked Cemetery Drive.)

I'm also a little surprised that they've done away with Grimm Boulevard so quickly--it was there for just one season. I know they've gotten rid of the Action Zone water tower, but the cool fog "tubes" could theoretically have been added to the surrounding buildings. Oh well!

Nevertheless, it looks like a great lineup for this year. Now--all you Haunt workers need to 'fess up about where you're located! :D

• Like 2

I am kind of confused about the hours on September 21st. Normally the park opens around noon in the fall but on the 21st the park does not open untli 7. Does anyone think this will change when they announce the hours for Haunt?

Edit: I had my date mixed up I meant Saturday the 21st.

I'm a little confused about where they're going to place Backwoods Bayou. It's listed as being part of Cemetery Drive, which usually takes up the length of International Street. Are they going to try to split up IS half and half with the theme, or are they going to take advantage of the International Street-Coney Maul and International Street-Rivertown paths? (Not that it matters to me; I've always liked Cemetery Drive.)

I'm also a little surprised that they've done away with Grimm Boulevard so quickly--it was there for just one season. I know they've gotten rid of the Action Zone water tower, but the cool fog "tubes" could theoretically have been added to the surrounding buildings. Oh well!

Nevertheless, it looks like a great lineup for this year. Now--all you Haunt workers need to 'fess up about where you're located! :D

Hint??? i'm in a place dark wet and scary haha you'll never know!

I am kind of confused about the hours on September 20th. Normally the park opens around noon in the fall but on the 20th the park does not open untli 7. Does anyone think this will change when they announce the hours for Haunt?

The park opens at 6pm for Friday night Haunts! If your referring to the park not opening till 7pm on Saturday the 21st, it's because the park is closed to the general public during the day for a private event. The Park opens to the public at 7pm that night for the start of Haunt!

• Like 2

Seeing as how Cemetery Drive takes up the entirety of International Street and Freak Street took up a sizable portion of Planet Snoopy, I'm under the assumption that BB will be in another one of the major areas of the park (and that Nightmare Alley moves to Action Zone from last year's position in front of KI Theater). It's a toss-up between Rivertown and Oktoberfest, in my opinion.

I had a nice, hard laugh reading the description of Board to Death. If the maze is built and staffed to its full potential, I can't wait to see how they poke fun at infamous games like Monopoly, Chutes and Ladders, Mouse Trap, etc. And then there's Delta Delta Die...and I'm once again reminded of the last maze that featured an all-girl cast, 2010's Death Row. Let's hope they found female actors who know how to scare and aren't from Club Blood and it should be a good maze; I've witnessed times where the chicks one-up male actors in intensity and scare tactics instead of being a mere distraction.

I am kind of confused about the hours on September 20th. Normally the park opens around noon in the fall but on the 20th the park does not open untli 7. Does anyone think this will change when they announce the hours for Haunt?

The park opens at 6pm for Friday night Haunts! If your referring to the park not opening till 7pm on Saturday the 21st, it's because the park is closed to the general public during the day for a private event. The Park opens to the public at 7pm that night for the start of Haunt!

Yes I did mean the 21st. Thanks for letting me know there is a private event being held that day.

Here is a Video from DED Sorority house from Howl O Scream Busch Gardens Tampa from 2009 to 2011 I believe. Check it out! Could be Delta Delta Die?

That video had two of my biggest haunted house pet peeves: "Rawrrrr" at 2:18 and "Where you going?" at 2:42. Both show a lack of originality/creativity on the part of the actors. Other than that, it looked like a decent house.

Sometimes no sound at all makes the surprise more startling.

I would like to see actors planted within groups that enter the houses, then the "monsters" would grab that actor and pull them out of the line in an "attack". This was done quite effectively in a Friday the 13th haunted house. While people were distracted a young woman would merge into the group and follow with the group further into the house....suddenly Jason would appear and the group would jump back. He would grab this girl and she would go kicking and screaming back into the shadows with him....I tell you...I saw more young ladies jump into their mates arms that night! It was a genius method to instill fright. There were even a couple of young male actors dragged off as well in the Freddy's Nightmare house.

• Like 3

^ Oh my gosh. I would freak right the heck out.

And yet, I can appreciate that that's one of the most creative ideas I've ever heard for a haunted house. But I'd still freak out. :lol:

Yes it was very effective. In the Freddy's Nightmare house, you walked into a room that was on it's side, (very disorienting to begin with) then you walked past what looked like a bloody bed...then there was this loud Freddy cackle and bright halogen lights were shining from the mattress to temporarily blind you and Freddy popped out from the mattress and grabbed this guy in front of me and dragged him into the bloody mattress....it was so unexpected and surprising. A very simple and effective scare.

• Like 2