Halloween Haunt 2013

dwitb

Anyone else working Haunt this year??

im Auditioning Friday.. wish me luck? im scared that ill mess up haha.

It's not so much an audition as it is just an interview TBH. Auditions are more for their more permanent entertainers.

I was a little baffled since I was expecting to be asked to scream and crawl around and such. :lol:

It only made sense to me since the LEADS auditions had you perform similarly to how you would during employment, when I auditioned.

The most "acting" I did was when I was asked, during my interview, what kind of things I would say in that particular haunt. So more of testing the cleverness of your improv? I don't know, you'll be fine as long as you don't do something inconceivably weird or unacceptable. Haha :ph34r:

So did you actually get the job after you interviewed? What kind of things did you actually come up with that you would say when they asked you this, if you don't mind sharing? Also, what do you mean by "permanent" entertainers? Are these just entertainers that have been there year after year or what? Sorry about all of the questions, I've just always been curious about the interview process and what it's like. I'm also surprised that you didn't have to crawl around and stuff and act a fool, lol!

I did get a job, but I don't feel comfortable giving details that could or could not help you in your process for the job.

Oh no no, I'm not applying for any job there. Just always been curious about the interviewing process. That's all. But I understand not wanting to indulge all the details. I wouldn't want to inadvertently help the "competition" get a job either, lol.

It's not so much an audition as it is just an interview TBH. Auditions are more for their more permanent entertainers.

I was a little baffled since I was expecting to be asked to scream and crawl around and such. :lol:

It only made sense to me since the LEADS auditions had you perform similarly to how you would during employment, when I auditioned.

The most "acting" I did was when I was asked, during my interview, what kind of things I would say in that particular haunt. So more of testing the cleverness of your improv? I don't know, you'll be fine as long as you don't do something inconceivably weird or unacceptable. Haha :ph34r:

So did you actually get the job after you interviewed? What kind of things did you actually come up with that you would say when they asked you this, if you don't mind sharing? Also, what do you mean by "permanent" entertainers? Are these just entertainers that have been there year after year or what? Sorry about all of the questions, I've just always been curious about the interview process and what it's like. I'm also surprised that you didn't have to crawl around and stuff and act a fool, lol!

I did get a job, but I don't feel comfortable giving details that could or could not help you in your process for the job. And when I said "MORE permanent" I meant just that :P - The people that spend the entire regular season performing shows most everyday; not necessarily returners. (technically no one is guaranteed a spot every year)

Got the job!

CONGRATS!

I did get a job, but I don't feel comfortable giving details that could or could not help you in your process for the job. And when I said "MORE permanent" I meant just that :P - The people that spend the entire regular season performing shows most everyday; not necessarily returners. (technically no one is guaranteed a spot every year)

Got the job!

CONGRATS!

Where you working?

They'll announce it when they announce it.

I'm working Haunt for the 6th year, but I'm not saying where yet. I may be in a new one, I may be in a returning one. I may even be roaming the park. But until all the attractions are announced, you won't hear more than that from me. I've seen people lose their jobs before Haunt even opened to the public because of things those people have posted on here or on Facebook. So as Dane said above, be careful.

I know it's hard, but be patient. It will be our time soon enough...

• Like 9

Soooooo excited about Haunt! Even working the Haunt, its still exciting when they start announcing things. Does anyone think the Haunt Commercial will be different this year or the same? The Knott's Haunt site is up and has been, so I'm guessing the style will be similar to last years. Thanks for posting Woop Woop!!

• Like 2

Here is a Video from DED Sorority house from Howl O Scream Busch Gardens Tampa from 2009 to 2011 I believe. Check it out! Could be Delta Delta Die?

That video had two of my biggest haunted house pet peeves: "Rawrrrr" at 2:18 and "Where you going?" at 2:42. Both show a lack of originality/creativity on the part of the actors. Other than that, it looked like a decent house.

• Like 3

Generally, Haunt will be more crowded the closer you get to Halloween. That said, weather plays a huge role in determining crowd, more so than during the summer. Cold nights with occasional rain showers will create a dead park, but be warned that outdoor mazes and scare zones will close in the rain (I'm guessing because the rain and makeup do not play nice with each other). A warm night with no rain will be far, far more crowded.