Halloween Haunt 2013

dwitb

Believe it or not, I'm looking forward to Cornstalkers. A co-worker of who has worked the Haunt for several years now, went through it 3-4 times the other night...he said it was much improved with a new route. It's funny to imagine this but we did Cornstalkers last week at CP, and it was the best haunt of the night. Cut Throat Cove was also very good, while their new one Zombie High School was pretty lame.

Does anyone remember the name of the haunt that was at the top of the Eifel Tower? It only lasted one season during the Fear Fest years, but it was awesome.

I think it was The Asylum. It was pretty cool but short...the best part was with the lights not on at the tower level, you couldn't see the railing and it looked like you were walking on a ledge....plus it was windy and cold..... I only wish they could have used both floors (but then it wouldn't have been ADA approved.... :(

edit: I stand corrected!!!! It was Torture Tower, not Asylum.

I also liked the feeling of a 300 ft. drop on your left, and psychos on your right...totally gave you a hopeless feeling. It was also funny how they would pick the most scared person in your group, get them to unknowingly speak their name into a mic which the monsters would hear to and then torture the victim throughout.

Believe it or not, I'm looking forward to Cornstalkers. A co-worker of who has worked the Haunt for several years now, went through it 3-4 times the other night...he said it was much improved with a new route. It's funny to imagine this but we did Cornstalkers last week at CP, and it was the best haunt of the night. Cut Throat Cove was also very good, while their new one Zombie High School was pretty lame.

Does anyone remember the name of the haunt that was at the top of the Eifel Tower? It only lasted one season during the Fear Fest years, but it was awesome.

I think it was The Asylum. It was pretty cool but short...the best part was with the lights not on at the tower level, you couldn't see the railing and it looked like you were walking on a ledge....plus it was windy and cold..... I only wish they could have used both floors (but then it wouldn't have been ADA approved.... :(

I believe it was Torture Tower. Not completely sure though.

I'd love to see this quality of a house at Kings Island. This is from a house in Corona California. It seems to be a part of a haunt park. I think that since the attractions are mostly up all year, the quality of the attractions could be better....I will give them time, I think they are improving....hopefully they will become this quality some day.

• Like 1

I like that the metal detectors and wands are out for Halloween Haunt. If they can stop the "Haunt hooligans" that seem to come every year, I'm totally okay with it.

I just wish that anyone under 13 would be turned away at the gate for Haunt. I understand the money and other things involved with letting them in, but Haunt is not really appropriate for them. Plus, when kids get scared, they have the loudest screams. I like myself a scream, but not every three seconds right in front of me in a maze, showing me where the scares are.

• Like 1

Plus, when kids get scared, they have the loudest screams. I like myself a scream, but not every three seconds right in front of me in a maze, showing me where the scares are.

I know 40-year-olds with screams more annoying than a 13-year-old. Plus, it's better to have them actually scared instead of the complete opposite, where they're constantly saying they aren't scared of stuff to every monster they see.

• Like 7

I feel bad sometimes when I get the "Defensive scream"- like I'm screaming to get the monster away from me. It's different from the "Please get away from me" scream, or the "Gad, where did that come from?" scream.

The Defensive Scream once scared a patron in front of me really badly, because the further he walked ahead, I was still behind him, so he couldn't get away from it.

• Like 3

Yay, the back of my head is in CoasterBob's video! I was there the first Saturday night, the 22nd, in line for Cavern of Terror. I turn to the side at 12:14, right behind the zombie, black hoodie, brown hair. I'm in the still! :D

Went tonight, going tomorrow night. Might even go Sunday morning!

Oh yeah, and it's an awesome vid.

• Like 2

They definitely are letting too many people in on a few of them, particularly Urgent Scare and Club Blood, which do 13-14. I was in a group of three through Cavern of Terror tonight, and it's way better that way. The main thing is, try not to get stuck behind a group of girls. If you are, hang back as much as you can.

• Like 4

I agree with too many per group. The monsters would scare the first few and then the rest of the group would see so the monsters would just wait for the next group. Also way too many rude teens last night. I also don't understand parents who were taking little kids in. I really was surprised to see little kids at the hot blooded and ed Alonzo shows. Overall though we had a good time and of course will be back soon.

• Like 3

There was once two kids, early teens, that I was with in a group. Parents? None to be seen. The boy was so funny that we accompanied them on two more Haunts.

Honestly, i feel kind of bad for the drop offs. There was nothing more fun than to be at the park with my dad, and they are missing that. The parents of these kids missed out on a great time, too.

The kids wouldn't be so rowdy if they had adults with them.

• Like 2

I find that most people rush through the houses. I try to look around while I'm inside. The easiest way to see the haunt attractions is to hang back and let the crowd ahead of you rush on through...It gives the monsters a break to get back into place and yes they will scare you...I also find that the KI haunts have very few distractors...(one monster distracting you while another scares you), this would lessen the conga line effect.

• Like 4

I was wearing my "Santa's Candy Castle" shirt from the store in Santa Claus, Indiana on Friday night, and the guy who gives the "don't touch my actors blah blah blah" speech in Carnevil told me that if I get set on fire I would be out out with frozen hot chocolate.

He then asked if I did the Avalanche Challenge while I was at the castle. (http://www.santascandycastle.com/shopcontent.asp?type=Visit

)

I thought it was cool that he knew about that!

• Like 2

I was wearing my "Santa's Candy Castle" shirt from the store in Santa Claus, Indiana on Friday night, and the guy who gives the "don't touch my actors blah blah blah" speech in Carnevil told me that if I get set on fire I would be out out with frozen hot chocolate.

He then asked if I did the Avalanche Challenge while I was at the castle. (http://www.santascandycastle.com/shopcontent.asp?type=Visit

)

I thought it was cool that he knew about that!

He is very familiar with it. I did the Avalanche challenge with him on June 5th, 2011. We agreed we weren't going to race, but of course I timed it anyway. :P I completed it in 37 minutes, 55 seconds, he did it in 52 minutes, 14 seconds. We were not rushing by any means, and took time to talk, etc. He wants to do the Fire and Ice Challenge with me, and one of these days we just might, but I don't know if I can handle that much jalepeno popcorn!

If you had gone to Slaughter House and Sam had noticed your shirt, he would have said something too.

And that host at CarnEvil is none other than KIC's very own rotag.

• Like 7