Accident Reconstuction

quite possibly a seat belt would have helped, so would holding on. Enough of these tragedies happen, and you may see new regulations in place enforcing truly keeping your hands on the bars (argument can be made now that without a top on the train, arms straight up is still in the car). Most folks probably do not have the strength to truly secure themselves from the forces experienced; however, holding on does keep your center of gravity closer to the intended location and thus quite possibly allowing the restraint to perform its intended duty.

I see the Superman logo on the car. is this is reference to the 6FNE accident?

I thought he was in the first seat.

The Tbar didn't even close, they just shoved it against him as best as they could.

Besides, he had cerebral palsy, and couldn't hang on with his hands.

I hang on, but I have no delusions about being able to hang on if I were to flip out, all I could hope for is form my holding on would slow the ejection enough so that my animal brain could kick in and use my legs to try to retain my seat.

Am I the only one thinking that a seat belt would have more than likely prevented the Texas Giant tragedy?

They almost certainly would have prevented it, by merits of the fact that a seatbelt, in all likelihood, would have rendered the victim unable to fit on the ride. Roller Coaster seatbelts are not very accomodating to larger guests. And not to sound like a jerk, but when safety is on the line, they shouldn't be accomodating.

• Like 1