Could Vekoma Trains work on Vortex?

homestar92

Sorry but I don't buy much from this guy considering this is the same guy that during my early time with this forum shot me down about looking at the footers for clues in which manufacturer, which he basically shot down as a bunch of bs from me, explained my case, and shut it up. Now look several months later, everyone is looking at the footers and their similar correlation with other B&M footers that have been poured in the past...Call me out for stuff that is actually wrong, but these things can happen in this scenario...and has happened, and always will happen...saying arrow polyurethane or nylon wheels don't wear and become defective with flat spots is ridiculous, because again, it can, will and has happened...

• Like 3

I think that all The Vortex needs is new wheels and padded restraints and it would be fine! Or no change because the shakiness adds airtime.

There is nothing wrong with the wheels on Vortex. They are changed on a as needed basis.

Didn't a wheel get changed during KIC day? I was on Flight of Fear with jcgoble3 while everyone else was in line for Vortex. If I remember correctly, someone told me that Vortex got held up due to a wheel being replaced.

• Like 2

I think that all The Vortex needs is new wheels and padded restraints and it would be fine! Or no change because the shakiness adds airtime.

There is nothing wrong with the wheels on Vortex. They are changed on a as needed basis.

Didn't a wheel get changed during KIC day? I was on Flight of Fear with jcgoble3 while everyone else was in line for Vortex. If I remember correctly, someone told me that Vortex got held up due to a wheel being replaced.

Yes, I remember that too. (For once, my memory works! :P)

Yes, I remember that too. (For once, my memory works! :P)

Yes, but you decided to get out of line and ride FOF. The rest of us waited it out (about 15 min) and then got right on!

• Like 1

Except who is now the maufacturer?

That's not as easy a question as you might think.

The trains have Arrow chassis, and the brake run, station, and lift hill are Arrow. Which means all moving parts are Arrow.

So in theory, for maintenance purposes, I would assume it is treated as an Arrow. Being that it isn't in Ohio, it isn't nearly as relevant as it would be here anyway.

It certainly looks interesting.... I am one of those that finds Vortex rough, but HAVE learned 5-1 gives a pretty smooth ride :) I guess I would have to ride a roller coaster very similar to Vortex with those Vekoma trains on them to see how it changes the roughness of the ride :)

• 5 years later...