Cedar Point 2014

Yeah, rumor has it that the big Arcade in the Main Midway is going to be redone and turned into a dark ride. I would approve of this, since the arcade does nothing for me. However, it doesn't seem like Cedar Fair to throw away a money making thing for something that would take money to make. Unless the arcade isn't pulling in any money, which I could see. We'll have to wait and see.

Yeah, rumor has it that the big Arcade in the Main Midway is going to be redone and turned into a dark ride.

Would using the Coliseum building (ballroom/arcade) for a dark ride be economically feasible?

The ground floor has low ceiling clearance and an excessive number of supports. The second floor has limited means of ingress and egress. Both floors likely have an insufficient maximum load.

Such a remodel would certainly require extensive modifications to meet modern building codes.

Edit: fixed "Coliseum"

• Like 1

I bet there will be more discussion about this topic here than on PointBuzz, which is pretty sad.

I personally hope it's a dark ride (and I've heard rumors that the park will get one either next year or in 2015.) I don't think next year will bring anything more major than a dark ride since there really haven't been any clues. It's almost August and we pretty much know nothing about what's coming.

Sort of sounds like Kings Island...except at least we know what type of addition it's going to be--a coaster.

I bet they're gonna drop a tape measure from the top of the Magnum;s first hill to see if it's sinking or not - and they need several people to help hold that long tape and then verify the results. I would also imagine several news crews could be present since this has been a big topic for so many years - almost as long as the Jimmy Hoffa disappearance!