Intamin or B&M

Rcoaster10

What exactly do we vote for in this poll...which makes the rides we prefer? Which manufacturer would be a better choice for Kings Island at this point? Which track is the most visually appealing? Which company maintains a better balance of engineering and psychology within each ride?

• Like 1

Null vote. Both have their pros and cons. From a pure thrill and enjoyment aspect, I like Intamin coasters better... when they're working. B&M coasters, on the other hand, may not as thrilling, but I can count on them to not be down when I walk up to them. Six of one, half a dozen of the other IMO.

• Like 3

I voted B&M because they manufactured the best steel coaster in the world, Diamondback

This is awkward...

i hope youngstud doesnt see this as much as i love intanim coasters, Diamondback is my second favorite steel rollercoaster.

I voted Intamin, despite the fact that no B&M coaster has ever had a launch cable or a cable lift break (they have never made a launched coaster or a coaster with a cable lift), not one of B&M's 400-foot tall coasters has ever malfunctioned (B&M has never built a 400-foot tall coaster), and there has never been an accident on a B&M water ride (there are none).....

• Like 2

I'm conflicted here.

For pure thrills and ride experience Intamin flat out delivers. My favorite steel coaster is Millennium Force and it's still incredible especially considering it's not a baby anymore. I am always thinking in the back of my mind about their reliability as I get in line though.

I've never ridden a B&M that I hate. Kumba is definitely not forceless. I enjoyed the heck out of Montu. I haven't found a seat on Diamondback yet that I can complain about. I know that these rides eat people and I'll never be waiting terribly long.

I guess I just enjoy coasters and can't be a snob.

• Like 1

I've never actually ridden an Intamin, but the b and ms I've been on we're pretty good (Intimidator, Afterburn, Vortex) although Vortex isn't the most comfortable, but of course it has been around for about twenty years and it is a stand up coaster. Intimidator is very fun, it has nice airtime, and even styles your hair for you! Afterburn is very fun, it's action-packed, and goes upside down 6 times.

After all, b and m has invented the invert, floorless, dive, and wing coasters.

Intamin has invented the hyper (I think), giga, strata, and zacspin coasters.

I've never actually ridden an Intamin, but the b and ms I've been on we're pretty good (Intimidator, Afterburn, Vortex) although Vortex isn't the most comfortable, but of course it has been around for about twenty years and it is a stand up coaster. Intimidator is very fun, it has nice airtime, and even styles your hair for you! Afterburn is very fun, it's action-packed, and goes upside down 6 times.

After all, b and m has invented the invert, floorless, dive, and wing coasters.

Intamin has invented the hyper (I think), giga, strata, and zacspin coasters.

Arrow Dynamics invented the Hypercoaster. A full 10 years before Intamin or B&M built their first ones. You haven't heard of Cedar Point's Magnum XL-200? Opened in 1989, 205 feet tall...no inversions...aka, Hypercoaster #1...

http://rcdb.com/11.htm

Intamin didn't make their first hypercoaster until 1999, when "Superman: Ride of Steel" (now just Ride of Steel as Six Flags no longer owns the park) opened...

http://rcdb.com/541.htm

And B&M also made their first hypercoaster in 1999, when they opened "Apollo's Chariot" at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

http://rcdb.com/531.htm

• Like 1

In my day, it didn't matter who the manufacturer was, whether it was made of wood or steel, went 500 feet up or stayed low to the ground. We just wanted to have a day of fun and share some laughs with family and friends. Because that's the way it was, and we liked it like that!

Wow...this post is just awesome, and makes so much sense...it's not about who built it, how big it is, what type of ride, etc etc...in the end, it all comes down to "is this fun?" or not. Weather it be on an Intamin, a B&M, an Arrow, a GCI, etc etc...doesn't really matter. Well said, Don. B)

• Like 3