Cedar Point will be announcing a new attraction for 2014 as well

With the recent announcement by Kings Island today about August 8th. Cedar Point will be announcing details tomorrow for 2014 as well.

I received an email from Cedar Point today that they will be having a contest, stating that they are looking for an energetic family to "spill the beans" They will be posting more information on Facebook about this new attraction starting tomorrow.

Any ideas of what this attraction will be?

That building use to be the old Pirate Ride, it closed in 1996 and ever since has just been sitting there. The rumor surrounding CP and the lack of land for rides, is that they will be starting to remove rides like the Corkscrew, Mine Ride, and possibly Mean Streak. Which makes me believe if KI unveils an Invert then we will be seeing Vortex and Top Gun removed in the next few years.

• Like 1

Look from a Sat picture...you'd be amazed how much room there is.

Did you know from where the 3 pt challenge is right after the tracks after Gemini, there's a break area right behind there, that goes all the way to the tracks by the gate, and has that hidden area all the way back to mean streak and over. Almost the same for the other side minus the storage/carpentry shops/security post.

There's a TON of room on point, you just don't see it. It's almost like International Street where you see everything, it looks the way it does, then go up on the tower, and it's just a "face" almost from the main midway there, lots of areas you don't see of or know about, and lots of room outside of the street.

Same way, same concept

• Like 1

That building use to be the old Pirate Ride, it closed in 1996 and ever since has just been sitting there. The rumor surrounding CP and the lack of land for rides, is that they will be starting to remove rides like the Corkscrew, Mine Ride, and possibly Mean Streak. Which makes me believe if KI unveils an Invert then we will be seeing Vortex and Top Gun removed in the next few years.

What does CP alleged "lack of land" have to do with Vortex and Flight Deck future?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 2

they will reuse the old Son of Beast station and build a giga coaster.

2014 attraction doesn't mean another $20 million+ roller coaster. For some people, a new garden is a notable attraction. Granted, they likely wouldn't market it this way. But I can't remember a year that Kings Island or Cedar Point has actually gone without the addition of something new.

What does CP alleged "lack of land" have to do with Vortex and Flight Deck future?

Because Cedar Fair is going to start removing Arrow rides soon.

Because Cedar Fair is going to start removing Arrow rides soon.

What makes you think/say that?

KI Seems to be just as proud of Vortex today as it was 20 years ago, plus KingsIskalndPR has stated that they had no plans on removing the ride in a thread not that long ago.

• Like 5