Cedar Point will be announcing a new attraction for 2014 as well

Announcement date is August 27th!

Can't wait! I'm not preparing for some massive new addition, but I think it will be more than just general park improvements and renovations. Why else would they want a family to do the announcement?

Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be a great addition to the Point.

so does it sound like Canada's Cedar Fair park may be getting an awesome haunt or a great dark ride in the big mountain?

Maybe just maybe not a 2014 ride at Cedar Point:

My home park is Wonderland so I'm really excited to hear what we're getting for 2014 (announcement with be on the 30th). When you think about it, it does make sense to put CF's first dark ride at another park before Cedar Point to make sure they got the concept perfected so Cedar Point gets one that is spot on (if Wonderland gets a dark ride, it will be like a test run for CF).

• Like 2

Rumor is...Mean Streak is closing down early this fall and could be upgraded to an Iron Rattler type wooden coaster. Screamscape reported this rumor today, I know we cannot trust them. But, it makes sense because if you go to the Cedar Point website and click on the CP Blog page there is a picture with a wood structure surrounded by question marks.

• Like 1

Rumor is...Mean Streak is closing down early this fall and could be upgraded to an Iron Rattler type wooden coaster. Screamscape reported this rumor today, I know we cannot trust them. But, it makes sense because if you go to the Cedar Point website and click on the CP Blog page there is a picture with a wood structure surrounded by question marks.

That would be my dream. Let's hope this is true.

But that picture does remind me also of an overhead image of the area of the park near the beach. Maybe could 2014 bring a Rocky Mountaint treatment to MS in addition to beach improvements, including a new family ride?

Rumor is...Mean Streak is closing down early this fall and could be upgraded to an Iron Rattler type wooden coaster. Screamscape reported this rumor today

Screamscape reported that Mean Streak may close down a few weeks early for maintenance, not to change it to another type of coaster.

I don't think this would be the first time they started the yearly maintenance on the ride before the end of the season.

Rumor is...Mean Streak is closing down early this fall and could be upgraded to an Iron Rattler type wooden coaster. Screamscape reported this rumor today

Screamscape reported that Mean Streak may close down a few weeks early for maintenance, not to change it to another type of coaster.I don't think this would be the first time they started the yearly maintenance on the ride before the end of the season.

Mean Streak has been closing down early for the past 3 years for maintenance. Your not really missing much that area of the park is closed off during Halloween.