Cedar Point will be announcing a new attraction for 2014 as well

KI set a rather high bar for teaser creativity. Hopefully other CF parks will learn from their example.

CP's 2014 investment is likely to be considerably smaller than its 2013 investment. It's probably a balancing act of getting people excited without getting them so excited that the announcement is a let-down.

• Like 4

KI set a rather high bar for teaser creativity. Hopefully other CF parks will learn from their example.

CP's 2014 investment is likely to be considerably smaller than its 2013 investment. It's probably a balancing act of getting people excited without getting them so excited that the announcement is a let-down.

KI also set the bar high for disappointment this year.
  • Like 1

KI also set the bar high for disappointment this year.

For you.

Get used to it. You are apparently no longer the target market.

Sucks to get old.

Don't ask me how I know this! ;)

• Like 9

Any coaster that's not built by Intamin is a disappointment for Youngstud.. I on the other hand like all manufacturers it has nothing to deal with it being B&M. A Variety of coaster manufactures and coasters types in a park is great! each manufacture brings something different to the table. B&M offers great reliability, and smoothness.. They wanted to set Banshee at par with Son of Beast as a replacement when they didn't even bring Banshee up to Sob level. One record breaking coaster to replace a coaster that broke and held multiple records? If you pop all four tires do you only replace one of them? Now your all going to give me crap about ride experience matters and stuff.. i get that, and yes it matters but i don't see how being taller and having more loops would be negative at all. They could have spend the extra 3 million for a extra loop and 30ft of more height. and got more out of the coaster, especially for the amount of revenue you would make from people drawn in, it would pay for itself. And they could afford it, Cedar Point got a hefty 30 million dollar Gatekeeper and Canada's wonderland got a 28 million dollar leviathan.

• Like 1

I actually kind of agree with tr0y this time, I understand where he's coming from.

I I have no doubt that Banshee will be an outstanding ride and offer much variety to Kings Island and will be a great experience for the whole family. I too want the very best for Kings Island and I think the very best for Kings Island would definitely be a ride that is reliable and safe especially with it being on the site of Son of Beast. I have faith in Mr. Ouimet, I trust him my home park and the entire Cedar Fair company.

• Like 4

Rcoaster10 posted this on PointBuzz, and I just had to share it since I love it so much. It's his concept for a boardwalk idea, and if CP gets a boardwalk, I'd hope it would be something like this. It includes a new wild mouse coaster, Flying Scooters, Flat Spin, and Calypso. I'm not sure if this was also Rcoaster10's idea, but I personally think that Calypso should be moved from its current location to a boardwalk to make room for future expansion near Blue Streak. In this image there is also what appears to be a fountain, which could add a nice touch to the area or could be replaced by another flat ride. I also like the idea of a restaurant with a lot of outdoor seating so guests could enjoy the view of the beach and lake while eating.

Boardwalk_Idea.jpg

• Like 2

Its hard accepting less, i just want the most for Kings Island.

I was in a stage where I thought that Cedar Fair cared only about Cedar Point. However, now as I'm getting older, I'm starting to understand that they have 12 parks that they own and every decision that is made is made with all the parks in mind.
they don't want any park to hurt the flagship park Cedar Point, that's why Michigan's adventure will never flourish, probably why geauge lake was closed so it wouldn't take from Cedar Point... Kings Island in my opinion has more potential than CP, its currently at par in terms of attendance. but if Kings Island was to become a better park nobody would bother traveling farther up to CP. Cedar Fair didn't have any Issues investing 28 million dollars for leviathan in Canada's wonderland. The greater Cincinnati area is a better market than greater sandusky..

That's utterly ridiculous. Cedar Fair is a limited partnership intended to maximize profits. If Kings Island can make more money than Cedar Point, it will get the requisite investments to make that happen.

What would explain parks like kings dominion getting a 25 million dollar intimdator 305 and carowinds getting a 23 million dollar intimidator. Two parks that make less revenue and yearly attendance, than Kings Island?

The goal for 2014 was apparently to create a spectacular inverted coaster at KI, and $24M is what it took. Comparing dollar figures between different projects at different parks isn't very useful.

EDIT: Beat by Terp. (That's what I get for loading up a bunch of stuff to read at once.)

• Like 1

What would explain parks like kings dominion getting a 25 million dollar intimdator 305 and carowinds getting a 23 million dollar intimidator. Two parks that make less revenue and yearly attendance, than Kings Island?

Cedar Fair probably felt Kings Dominion could increase revenue by adding that ride to compete with (or feed off of thrill-seekers heading to) Busch Gardens.

They stated in a June press release that Carowinds and Kings Island both have growth opportunities regarding additional 'thrill' attractions. Kings Island also received a near-clone to that Carowinds 23 million dollar ride the year before it.

Its hard accepting less, i just want the most for Kings Island.

I was in a stage where I thought that Cedar Fair cared only about Cedar Point. However, now as I'm getting older, I'm starting to understand that they have 12 parks that they own and every decision that is made is made with all the parks in mind.
they don't want any park to hurt the flagship park Cedar Point, that's why Michigan's adventure will never flourish, probably why geauge lake was closed so it wouldn't take from Cedar Point... Kings Island in my opinion has more potential than CP, its currently at par in terms of attendance. but if Kings Island was to become a better park nobody would bother traveling farther up to CP. Cedar Fair didn't have any Issues investing 28 million dollars for leviathan in Canada's wonderland. The greater Cincinnati area is a better market than greater sandusky..

Keep in mind that Kinzel was the guy that made sure Cedar Point was the best.....Ouminet (sorry if I screwed up his last name) seems to have thrown that idea out of the window and is trying to make all the parks as equal as possible.

• Like 1

I think the parks should be rewarded more money for investments with the amount of revenue they produce. It seems like bad business to invest heavily into something that doesn't produce the numbers to justify the amount of money spent on the investments.