Cedar Point will be announcing a new attraction for 2014 as well

I think the parks should be rewarded more money for investments with the amount of revenue they produce. It seems like bad business to invest heavily into something that doesn't produce the numbers to justify the amount of money spent on the investments.

That's like saying if you aren't Knotts, KI, CP, or CW you won't get significant investments because you don't bring in money and that's a flaw of a business structure. Why would revenue increase at the other parks if CF never really gave them $ to fund projects like a new coaster, a new flat ride, etc? So to say they should be rewarded for the amount of revenue they produce without any investments into the park that are significant enough to bring in additional monies isn't feasible.

I know, that you think Kings Island could expand more in it's ride selections but you've got to remember this isn't the only park out there and rapidly expanding a park can be detrimental (i.e. Six Flags Ohio).

• Like 5

I think the parks should be rewarded more money for investments with the amount of revenue they produce. It seems like bad business to invest heavily into something that doesn't produce the numbers to justify the amount of money spent on the investments.

The higher revenue parks do get a larger portion of the investments.

Starting when Cedar Fair purchased the Paramount parks, Kings Island has added more big coasters than any Cedar Fair park, including the parks that produce more revenue.

• Like 1

as a newer member to the coaster community, I have a sort of off-topic question. about when do the 2014 announcements for north American amusement parks end because I am planning my schedule for next year...

My guess is something to do with the Gemini midway/Camp Snoopy area now. I still want a boardwalk, but after seeing this latest pic I feel like that is looking at one of Millennium's overbanks on Adventure Island while standing near Camp Snoopy/Dinos/Gemini Midway. The thumbnail in the blog for Tony's first teaser looks like the supports on Gemini (coincidence?) and the live webcam was moved to the Gemini Midway (another coincidence?) Less than a day to go, and I can't wait!

Cedar Point adds two family rides and Gemini Midway improvements!

CP is adding an Flying Eagles type ride called Lake Erie Eagles. As well as adding a Surf Dog type ride that will be called Pipe Scream. They will also be changing the name of Frog Hopper to Woodstock's Airmail as well as moving the ride. Jr. Gemini's name will be changed to Wilderness Run with it's entrance moved to Camp Snoopy. Lastly CP will be renovating Hotel Breakers over two years. This winter they will be changing the outside, than they will be doing the inside next winter.

Video Announcement Below:

• Like 1

This area of the park really looks tired, so it's great to see a refresh. From the rendering, it looks like there might be a new restaurant in the building by Monster that currently houses a gift shop.

Now, since roller coaster count used to be a primary marketing message at the Point, the big debate will probably be whether Pipe Scream counts as CP's 17th roller coaster.

• Like 1