Cedar Point will be announcing a new attraction for 2014 as well

Now, since roller coaster count used to be a primary marketing message at the Point, the big debate will probably be whether Pipe Scream counts as CP's 17th roller coaster.

I was thinking of that as well malem! It is just a guess, but since KI counts theirs in their coaster count, I think CP would too!

Still never have ridden a ride like that, what is it like...and what is this snapping I keep seeing a reference to?

Controlling your tub in a way so you have slack in your cable, and then the slack is pulled out by the ride being in motion.

Sort of like someone trying to throw you off a tube being pulled by a boat!

• Like 1

Still never have ridden a ride like that, what is it like...and what is this snapping I keep seeing a reference to?

I've only ridden the KI version many years ago. I also have an aversion to anything that spins too much, so I never rode them much (actually once I was convinced to ride them, I found they didnt' make me sick, then they were removed) and I'm not completely familiar w/ the "snap" that people talk about/love. From what I understand, the newer versions are significantly tougher, if not impossible to snap like the old KI (current Carrowinds) version, which is why I think you see a lot of people mention that they want new ones for Carowinds, and KI to get their version back, rather than just installing new ones at KI. There is a thread around here somewhere that shows the snapping action and talks about pretty indepth. I think it was sometime early this spring or last winter.

• Like 2