Best smelling/sounding ride

thoe124

I understand the sound part of this, but I really don't smell anything different on different rides, besides dark rides (they always have a weird smell).

Best sounding - Flight of Fear. The launch is just so cool.

The Racers smell is hot grease on sun baked wood! (Awesome!)

• Like 3

Sound: Either the deep VROOM of Dragster's launch, or any older B&M's roar, like Raptor.

As for smell, I've never actually paid any attention to this before.

I can picture it now, my next visit to an amusement park I'll be sticking my nose to every seat, restraint, and train. ;)

I shudder with the thought of what my nose could be touching if I did that.

• Like 2

Best smell and sound, hands down The Beast. The smell of the wood of the track and the trees. That chain lift hill sound and the music plus warning "please keep hans ect inside at all time, then the last sounds of the chain before you drop...awesome.

It's so poetic, and has been stuck in my head multiple times. People give me strange looks when I say it going up the lift hills at the park by me.

• Like 1

Since thoe124 said Kings Island, the best sound for me would be Vortex. The classic Arrow chain left sound is the best.

The best smell... Hmm. Probably a tie between Racer and Adventure Express. Racer's got the classic wood coaster smell, but Adventure Express's tunnel smells (especially at the first lift) is super nostalgic for me. I used to be terrified of AE when I was a kid, so the smell used to fill me with dread. Now, it's a sign that I'm about to experience one of my favorite rides, and the smell brings back a ton of memories. Good times!

• Like 6

Son of Beast lift was my favorite sound.

Did you not like your hearing? JK. That hill was so loud!

Favorite sound: Tie. The very top of Vortex when the lift hill roll backs click over to the mini drop before the turn / The Beast lift hill. I just love the sound of click click click click.

Favorite smell: AE or possibly the train?

• Like 2