Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

So on the "About the Designer" page. It is written: B&M roller coasters are renowned for their smooth ride, comfortable seats and restraints, reliability, low maintenance, impeccable safety record and ride capacity.

If this does not confirm why you have not seen or probably won't see a Intamin in the park anytime soon, I don't know what will! :)

• Like 12

So on the "About the Designer" page. It is written: B&M roller coasters are renowned for their smooth ride, comfortable seats and restraints, reliability, low maintenance, impeccable safety record and ride capacity.

If this does not confirm why you have not seen or probably won't see a Intamin in the park anytime soon, I don't know what will! :)

This from the park that had to shut down its other B&M coaster for several weeks last year to replace footings that were only three years old.......

This from the park that had to shut down its other B&M coaster for several weeks last year to replace footings that were only three years old.......

It was not "several weeks". It was a mere week if my memory is correct.

I'll take a week or two of maintenance any day over a ride being closed for months. cough*** Intimidator 305***cough.

• Like 5

I am so happy with Banshee! Got myself a pink tshirt right after the announcement. which reminds me...a guy in a KIC shirt came up and asked me how much shirts were. I answered him but before I could introduce myself he was gone. anyway if you were that guy. hi! lol I saw a bunch of you today but I am super shy.

• Like 5

In the teaser video

the tomb stones are labeled Bat, King Cobra, Screamin Demon, and Son of Beast...

I absolutely love how they played into the Banshee screaming and then the Son of Beast dies! Fabulous way to introduce this!!

• Like 7

In the teaser video

the tomb stones are labeled Bat, King Cobra, Screamin Demon, and Son of Beast...

I reaaaaaally hope they'll consider adding actual, permanent tombstones for each of these rides somewhere near the enterance or the station. Would make a great photo op area for us longtime Kings Island fans and supporters. :)

• Like 2

How can you blame a footer issue on the coaster itself? It is not like the actual ride broke down, it could have been a contractors fault, weak concrete, etc. It may have had nothing to do with the engineering of the ride!

Edit: Secondly that is the only major downtime that I have seen DB have since it has opened. Not bad for it to be in it's fourth season!

• Like 6

I'll take a week or two of maintenance any day over a ride being closed for months. cough*** Intimidator 305***cough.

What does Intimidator 305 have to do with a B&M topic? You do know that it isn't a B&M, right?

• Like 1

There are a couple things I am dissapointed with. The sign and ride entrance looks extremly blan. I mean its a pile of dirt inclosed in a section with a couple rocks. Secondly NO pre-Drop ;( ide annocment wasn't very exciting to me since we already pretty much decoded it.

There are a couple things I am dissapointed with. The sign and ride entrance looks extremly blan. I mean its a pile of dirt inclosed in a section with a couple rocks. Secondly NO pre-Drop ;( ide annocment wasn't very exciting to me since we already pretty much decoded it.

I thought is looked pretty awesome, I think it will shape AZ up quite a bit!

• Like 4

What does Intimidator 305 have to do with a B&M topic? You do know that it isn't a B&M, right?

Yes, I am well aware that it isn't a B&M. I was comparing a B&M's downtime to other manufacturers, in this case Intamnin. That comparison was made to show that the downtime you mentioned isn't all that bad compared to the rest of the coaster world. B&M is currently the most reliable manufacturer of present day. That's all I was saying.

Edit: I also couldn't agree more with IndyGuy4KI. How do you know for a fact that a footer issue has to do with the ride's manufacturer? There was most likely another party responsible for those issues.

• Like 1

I, for one, and extremely glad to not have a pre-drop.

--

Also, it looks as though this ride won't have any trims!!

Though, with no MCBR, as awesome as that is, I feel like you will be sitting waiting to get back into the station for a long time, or the chain lift will pull a Flight Deck or a Beast.

• Like 2