Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

So on the "About the Designer" page. It is written: B&M roller coasters are renowned for their smooth ride, comfortable seats and restraints, reliability, low maintenance, impeccable safety record and ride capacity.

If this does not confirm why you have not seen or probably won't see a Intamin in the park anytime soon, I don't know what will! :)

This from the park that had to shut down its other B&M coaster for several weeks last year to replace footings that were only three years old.......

B&M doesn't make concrete nor did they pour the footings or have control over the ground that they are poured in.

Irrelevant statement.

• Like 8

I too, think the traditional drop is better, it looks a lot cooler i think and also adds to the uniqueness of the ride.

I can't tell is can we see Adventure Express from any of the renderings?

--

I am very interested in the theming aspect, I wonder if they really will try and pull that off or just slap it there in Action Zone call it Banshee.

I actually have some faith as of right now that it will be decent.

I wonder if they will try and retheme Action Zone, doubt it, or make that like a subsection, this is what I have my money on.

There aren't any thick bars to bang your head on. They are like Gatekeeper's restraints with a pull down lap bar (sort of thing) and a vest restraint (sort of like on Firehawk).

Though I imagine the vest problems of them continuously tightening will be solved by next year since management is aware of the issue with GK.
--

I do wish our zero-g roll was a bit faster like on Raptor though.. but comparing the renderings, this looks to be as forceful as most B&M inverts so I'm still pleased!

• Like 1

annocment wasn't very exciting to me since we already pretty much decoded it.

If you want the "annocment" to be more exciting, don't decode beforehand and be surprised.

I agree, the decoding made it fun and more exciting to me and at the same time I wont read people's opinion thread after Banshee has been ridden. I want to experience the ride myself before reading others thoughts.

• Like 2

annocment wasn't very exciting to me since we already pretty much decoded it.

If you want the "annocment" to be more exciting, don't decode beforehand and be surprised.

I agree, the decoding made it fun and more exciting to me and at the same time I wont read people's opinion thread after Banshee has been ridden. I want to experience the ride myself before reading others thoughts.

I read Mean Streak's reveiws as a terribly rough ride. That made your back hurt. It was a little rough but not that bad. But my back and legs have been aching since I rode it.

Is that a batwing? Anyway..super stoked..I know next spring/summer when I ride this I will be so excited and scared! Just like when I rode DB and SoB! I was so scared I was shaking! LOL! BTW is Kings Island selling Banshee Merch? I hope they are selling a Car Decal that would go great with Beast and DB Decals on my pickup.

• Like 1

If the completed attraction would only be half as cool as the teaser video or the announcement then we would really have something. I have NO faith that there will be any compelling theming or "mood" to this ride. I really don't even know why we are worrying about a theme or a name when we have seen how Cedar Fair does not deliver on any theming (Tomb Raider anyone?) I think we should just call it "That new big purple ride" since that is what it will really be. If the Action Zone was going to be reimagined into something I think we wouldnt see the ride flying over a concrete landing pad (with no water tower) as we see in the video. If there were anywhere near the trees and foliage seen in the video the ride would have a chance at a "theme" but since they seem to clear cut any ride path, I dont see that happening either. I am not impressed at all with Cedar Fair's attempts at thumbing (Diamondback Que line) and think we should just give up on any themed areas, themed rides or themed names and just have a park full of random rides since that seems to be what they are going for anyway.

Did they announce the height of the lift hill during the event? I don't see it on the website...

Did they announce the height of the lift hill during the event? I don't see it on the website...

I do not see it either and I watched the webstream, but not sure if Don or Greg said or not?

I was there. Neither Don nor Greg stated that statistic....anyone know the height of the drop?

If the completed attraction would only be half as cool as the teaser video or the announcement then we would really have something. I have NO faith that there will be any compelling theming or "mood" to this ride. I really don't even know why we are worrying about a theme or a name when we have seen how Cedar Fair does not deliver on any theming (Tomb Raider anyone?) I think we should just call it "That new big purple ride" since that is what it will really be. If the Action Zone was going to be reimagined into something I think we wouldnt see the ride flying over a concrete landing pad (with no water tower) as we see in the video. If there were anywhere near the trees and foliage seen in the video the ride would have a chance at a "theme" but since they seem to clear cut any ride path, I dont see that happening either. I am not impressed at all with Cedar Fair's attempts at thumbing (Diamondback Que line) and think we should just give up on any themed areas, themed rides or themed names and just have a park full of random rides since that seems to be what they are going for anyway.

1. Tomb Raider was a Paramount installation and Cedar Fair had nothing to do with how it was kept up until 2007.

2. Diamondback never had a promised--or even suggested--theme. Banshee does.

3. Everything you just said was under Dick Kinzel, Bland Rides Extraordinaire. Cedar Fair is under new management and we have yet to see what he can truly do.

4. Trees can be planted around rides in case you didn't know.

• Like 13

From the Banshee page:

Kings Island announces plans for screaming new world record-breaking inverted roller coaster

The longest inverted steel roller coaster in the world, “Banshee,” will make its debut at Kings Island in April of 2014.

The first female-inspired thrill ride at a Cedar Fair Entertainment Company amusement park, Banshee will send riders screaming through 4,124.1 feet of track and seven mind-bending inversions at speeds up to 68 miles per hour during the 2-minute, 40-second ride.

Built over hilly terrain and incorporating the most exciting features of the very best inverted roller coasters in the world, Banshee will feature several unique elements that distinguish the ride from others.

The ride begins with a lift taking riders up to the maximum height of 167 feet. After plunging down 150 feet, riders will go through a dive loop, followed by a vertical loop, zero gravity roller, two batwing inversions, a second vertical loop and a 170-foot long heartline finale.

Two of the most unique features about Banshee are the massive size of every loop, and unlike other roller coasters, the top speed isn’t reached until halfway through the ride’s course.

Since Banshee’s lift hill is on a higher elevation of terrain than the other side of the ride that goes down into a valley, the total elevation change is 208 feet from the highest point at the top of the lift hill to the lowest point, which is the bottom of the batwing between loops four and five.

Passengers will be seated in cars four across. A total of three trains, each containing eight cars, will enable Banshee to accommodate approximately 1,650 riders per hour.

Banshee will be the 15th roller coaster at Kings Island, which is home to some of the top-ranked roller coasters in annual industry and enthusiast polls including The Beast and Diamondback, and represents the biggest new product investment in the park’s 41-year history at $24 million.

Banshee was designed by Bolliger and Mabillard of Monthey, Switzerland, one of the premier leaders in roller coaster development. Since 1990, B&M has designed a number of ground-breaking and critically acclaimed roller coasters. In fact, B&M features 14 of the top 25 roller coasters on the Amusement Today Golden Ticket Awards Top Steel Roller Coasters list for 2012, five of which are listed in the top 10. They have more roller coasters than any other ride manufacturer on the list.

B&M roller coasters are renowned for their smooth ride, comfortable seats and restraints, reliability, low maintenance, impeccable safety record and ride capacity.

As of 2013, B&M has more than 85 roller coasters operating worldwide, including Diamondback at Kings Island and this year’s sensation, Gatekeeper at Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio.

The construction of Banshee is currently underway in the Action Zone area of Kings Island. Park visitors can see the ride being built from the ground up with great aerial views and photo opportunities available from the observation deck of the Eiffel Tower on International Street.

• Like 2

1. Tomb Raider was a Paramount installation and Cedar Fair had nothing to do with how it was kept up until 2007.

2. Diamondback never had a promised--or even suggested--theme. Banshee does.

3. Everything you just said was under Dick Kinzel, Bland Rides Extraordinaire. Cedar Fair is under new management and we have yet to see what he can truly do.

4. Trees can be planted around rides in case you didn't know.

Firehawk with a military theme.

I do not see it either and I watched the webstream, but not sure if Don or Greg said or not?

I was there. Neither Don nor Greg stated that statistic....anyone know the height of the drop?

Since I work for a radio station I get the press releases:

The ride begins with a lift taking riders up to the maximum height of 167 feet. After plunging down 150 feet, riders will go through a dive loop, followed by a vertical loop, zero gravity roller, two batwing inversions, a second vertical loop and a 170-foot long heartline finale.
  • Like 1

You're a little late lol..

You're a little late lol..

Yeah, I was still typing after you had posted! :P

We did not mention all the statistics during the announcement because statistics are not what make a roller coaster great; it's the ride experience it delivers that makes it great.

Could not agree more Don! It sure looks like Kings Island is going to have a winner here and you guys did an awesome job last night with the announcement!

Even though I could not be there, I did watch the webstream and am not sure how you will be able to top that announcement the next time you have one! Kudos!

• Like 15