Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Yeah, one thing I noticed in the renderings is Kings Island isn't that wooded in that area.

One can transplant trees if one is in a rush, besides, it's Ohio- give 'em a year and you'll have the Black Forest to ride through.

We did not mention all the statistics during the announcement because statistics are not what make a roller coaster great; it's the ride experience it delivers that makes it great.

They don't need statistics to prove that this is a Cedar Point caliber ride.
  • Like 2

We did not mention all the statistics during the announcement because statistics are not what make a roller coaster great; it's the ride experience it delivers that makes it great.

And it's going to be GREAT!

I really hope Halloween instrumental type music is played while waiting in line. I do NOT want to hear Uncle Cracker while waiting in line for a ride called Banshee.

Something along the lines of what was played late night moments before the announcement.

• Like 1

I said in the decoding thread, this attraction determines if I get a gold pass next year... Great announcement, great seats/restraints, and great color scheme. After the announcement, and teaser video's. There is no way I'm not getting gold passes next year. I have never been this excited for an invert.

• Like 1

I agree, I feel like the ride should be like this:

An old abandoned Church lies ahead and you and your friends want to go explore it. You've heard of the ghost stories and know that the local authorities have forbidden anyone from going into the cemetery. When you get to the front gates you notice that the Gates look as if they've been forced open, but not by any human means. You walk through the cemetery with tomb stones (maybe it can be overgrown? I'd love for trees and such to be hanging over the tree line and what not). Anyway, as you get closer to the Church you hear weird sounds, screams, moans. You just think someone is trying to mess with you and you trek on. As you get into the Church you realize there is something with you. The Banshee is there and there is only one way to escape her...this ride.

• Like 8

Noticed three things today after the announcement...

1) Banshee Twists are now being sold at Ice Scream Zone!

2) A Banshee themed Plinko game is now setup in front of Delirium for front of the line passes and other coupons.

3) While riding Flight Deck, I saw several pallets of stone pavers back by the old tram cars. I think we'll be seeing that never ending concrete go away this off-season...

• Like 6

I haven't seen this more official looking POV posted anywhere. I know these things are never 100% accurate but I love how it looks like it will maintain its speed through much of the ride. I thought I heard it won't have MCRB and it doesn't look like it from the recreations. To be perfectly honest I was kinda meh about it right after the announcement but now I am really getting excited about Banshee.

• Like 1

2) A Banshee themed Plinko game is now setup in front of Delirium for front of the line passes and other coupons.

3) While riding Flight Deck, I saw several pallets of stone pavers back by the old tram cars. I think we'll be seeing that never ending concrete go away this off-season...

That is awesome! Sorry, this might sound dumb. But what is the "Never Ending Concrete" ?

That is awesome! Sorry, this might sound dumb. But what is the "Never Ending Concrete" ?

Well, I meant the midway there in Action Zone with the target on it. "Never ending" probably wasn't the right phrase, but never the less, it looks like it'll be getting spruced up! :D

Well, I meant the midway there in Action Zone with the target on it. "Never ending" probably wasn't the right phrase, but never the less, it looks like it'll be getting spruced up! :D
They could just be for the plaza.

Even though I do not normally care much for inverts I have to say Banshee impresses me and I can't wait to ride it next year! I wish it would have broken the height record but other than that I am 100% pleased! :)

I wished it would have broken the height record too. If you go to rcdb though and look at the records for inverts, Banshee is going to be in the top 4 or better in everything else (including drop). When you add it all up we are getting one heck of a ride. Did I just say "one heck of a ride"? Geez I'm getting old.

• Like 1

So is AE and SlingShot being removed? I could understand SS, but why would the need to remove AE.

Is there any mention of removing the Slingshot? It didn't make the POV video while all the other rides had bits of screen time.

I too, think the traditional drop is better, it looks a lot cooler i think and also adds to the uniqueness of the ride.

I can't tell is can we see Adventure Express from any of the renderings?

--

I am very interested in the theming aspect, I wonder if they really will try and pull that off or just slap it there in Action Zone call it Banshee.

I actually have some faith as of right now that it will be decent.

I wonder if they will try and retheme Action Zone, doubt it, or make that like a subsection, this is what I have my money on.

The videos/renderings are focusing on Banshee not the rides the park already have. That's why some of the rides are not in the renderings or videos.

• Like 3