Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

What was Son of Beast's line like on opening day of 09?

I got to KI VERY early and rode Diamondack first thing. Right as the park opened we went straight to Son of Beast and got to ride it 2-3 times without line at all. By 11am the line wasn't too bad (maybe 15) but at it's busiest part of the day the line got around 45 minutes if I remember right. I ended up getting five rides on Diamondback that day.

• Like 1

What was Son of Beast's line like on opening day of 09?

I got to KI VERY early and rode Diamondack first thing. Right as the park opened we went straight to Son of Beast and got to ride it 2-3 times without line at all. By 11am the line wasn't too bad (maybe 15) but at it's busiest part of the day the line got around 45 minutes if I remember right. I ended up getting five rides on Diamondback that day.
Son of Beast Lives! JK!

Noticed three things today after the announcement...

1) Banshee Twists are now being sold at Ice Scream Zone!

2) A Banshee themed Plinko game is now setup in front of Delirium for front of the line passes and other coupons.

3) While riding Flight Deck, I saw several pallets of stone pavers back by the old tram cars. I think we'll be seeing that never ending concrete go away this off-season...

Is it purple?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

2) A Banshee themed Plinko game is now setup in front of Delirium for front of the line passes and other coupons.

3) While riding Flight Deck, I saw several pallets of stone pavers back by the old tram cars. I think we'll be seeing that never ending concrete go away this off-season...

Is it purple?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Pink and blue. :)http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27917-Banshee-Construction-Progress/page__view__findpost__p__545029

• Like 1

Banshee Twist?! They get purple ice cream??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's blue ice cream with 10x the food dye twisted with pink vanilla ice cream with an equal amount of dye... Can't imagine what this stuff does to our insides...

Doesn't sound appetizing.

• Like 1

That is awesome! Sorry, this might sound dumb. But what is the "Never Ending Concrete" ?

Well, I meant the midway there in Action Zone with the target on it. "Never ending" probably wasn't the right phrase, but never the less, it looks like it'll be getting spruced up! :D

If this is the case, then I'm double happy. I'd love for the cement of AZ to be replaced with paving.

I watch the POV video and think the Banshee is a really beautiful work of art, it would be great if the rest of AZ matched it.

• Like 1

It's blue ice cream with 10x the food dye twisted with pink vanilla ice cream with an equal amount of dye... Can't imagine what this stuff does to our insides...

Look at the ground next time you are around an Ice cream stand. That's what it does to your insides!

Freaked my babysitter out one time because I gave my daughter a blue cone before we left the park and the next day, lets just say it doesn't come out the same color as it went in.

• Like 6

Look at the ground next time you are around an Ice cream stand. That's what it does to your insides!

Freaked my babysitter out one time because I gave my daughter a blue cone before we left the park and the next day, lets just say it doesn't come out the same color as it went in.

Neither did riders on the Son of Beast!

• Like 3

Neither did riders on the Son of Beast!

LOL!!!! That is very true.

Can't wait to see too see this ride grow before our eyes! I bet a lot will be done before the season ends!

Agreed!!! Don said we will see it going up this month!!! :D

• Like 3

Has anyone check the ki app recently? Under things to do it says Bat gallery Bat online fun Etc. just curious. So many topics are popping up I am not sure it was mentioned or not, I just found it interesting. If I'm repeating another post sorry.

The animated rendering stops before the train returns fully to the station, so I'm guessing from there it would take about an extra 46 seconds, thus would give you 2:40.

Thanks. I'm new to this, but that sure seems like a long time to return to the station. Not complaining, just surprised.

• Like 2

I am so happy with Banshee! Got myself a pink tshirt right after the announcement. which reminds me...a guy in a KIC shirt came up and asked me how much shirts were. I answered him but before I could introduce myself he was gone. anyway if you were that guy. hi! lol I saw a bunch of you today but I am super shy.

If that guy was wearing glasses and a fanny pack and looked like he hadn't shaved in several days, that was me. Sorry for ditching you so fast. :P

• Like 6

I am so happy with Banshee! Got myself a pink tshirt right after the announcement. which reminds me...a guy in a KIC shirt came up and asked me how much shirts were. I answered him but before I could introduce myself he was gone. anyway if you were that guy. hi! lol I saw a bunch of you today but I am super shy.

If that guy was wearing glasses and a fanny pack and looked like he hadn't shaved in several days, that was me. Sorry for ditching you so fast. :P

Haha I didnt notice a fanny pack but that store was packed! other than that sounds about right! can't blame you from running off it was like black friday in there! :) lmao
  • Like 1

Should have been an Intamin Maverick type coaster... Inverts are a thing of the past...I believe a complete idiot chose this coaster.

If a complete idiot chose this coaster, you are calling all Cedar Fair executives idiots (including Matt; the CEO) as they have to approve all investments for the parks within the chain.

• Like 8