Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Should have been an Intamin Maverick type coaster... Inverts are a thing of the past...I believe a complete idiot chose this coaster.

If a complete idiot chose this coaster, you are calling all Cedar Fair executives idiots (including Matt; the CEO) as they have to approve all investments for the parks within the chain.

You're arguing with a bookcase. He's not going to listen.
  • Like 11

Will there be a photo station i.e. giftshop like Gatekeeper?

My best guess is that it'll be below the station much like we see on Gatekeeper. There is what appears to be a door [to the gift shop?] in the concept art of the station.

The ride photo and a gift shop will be located directly below the station. The door you see in the rendering is actually the exit from the gift shop. What the rendering doesn`t show is the entrance to the ride photo, which is directly below the bump out in the station, right across from the stair, which is the exit stair. Also not pictured in the rendering, is a wheel chair elevator lift, which will be located directly to the left (in the rendering it would be behind) of the staircase.

How do I know this? Well, lets just say that I have a very fun position at a local Cincinnati company. A company that was not mentioned at the announcement, but was mentioned in an article about Gatekeeper and Cedar Point. It has been tough the last couple of months, knowing but not being able to tell anything.

• Like 23

Not sure if mentioned already but where is the queue line in the renderings?

The one "leaked" print of the station clearly showed the stacked lines but they are nowhere in the videos. Is it typical to not show them in these type of renders or could the queue be tucked away under the station?

Why do we not see any triangular footers in the ride renderings (see below)? I was trying to match up the renderings to the live web cam for support/track placement and noticed this. Also do not see any of those large square footers in which many were hoping for a tunnel.

BTW, I love the looks and stats of the ride. Can't wait for 2014. Banshee will be my first full invert.

Banshee01_8x10_300dpi.jpg

Why is everyone so worried about the renderings not being accurate? They areFOCUSING ON THE RIDE! Sheesh!

I'm not worried about the renderings not being 100% accurate; I actually love the way they are. I was just hoping to figure out exactly how the triangular footers would be used, as well as the large square footers. I read pretty much every page of the "Decoding 2014" thread and have always been intrigued with how these footers would be used.

I do hope though the maintenance building next to the AZ restrooms will be hidden somehow though. Seems like an eyesore for those riding Banshee. Maybe it won't be so bad since it will be on the other side of the station.

Edit. I'm not whining or complaining, by the way, regarding anything Banshee related. The hiding of the maintenance shed simply appears to me as a potential area of improvement.

Edited by kifanblh2011
  • Like 1

Why is everyone so worried about the renderings not being accurate? They areFOCUSING ON THE RIDE! Sheesh!

I'm not worried about the renderings not being 100% accurate; I actually love the way they are. I was just hoping to figure out exactly how the triangular footers would be used, as well as the large square footers. I read pretty much every page of the "Decoding 2014" thread and have always been intrigued with how these footers would be used.

I do hope though the maintenance building next to the AZ restrooms will be hidden somehow though. Seems like an eyesore for those riding Banshee. Maybe it won't be so bad since it will be on the other side of the station.

Edit. I'm not whining or complaining, by the way, regarding anything Banshee related. The hiding of the maintenance shed simply appears to me as a potential area of improvement.

I apologize for the reaction I gave. It's just a pet peeve I have.

Anyways here's where the triangular and rectangular footings should be. The easiest way, I think, to compare the large footings on the webcam to the renderings, is by seeing where the bottom of the supports are grouped in those renderings. Does that make some sense?... I hope.

img_track_layout_lg_final1.jpg

I also realize that the web cam is at a different angle than on the rendering above. So it might be a little difficult to see where everything is.

I was just hoping to figure out exactly how the triangular footers would be used, as well as the large square footers. I read pretty much every page of the "Decoding 2014" thread and have always been intrigued with how these footers would be used.

IMO....the renderings are using generic single footers based on size of support and doesn't represent the actual footings size or style.

That being said, if you zoom in at the lift base you can see where they could combine 4 footers into 2 long rectangular ones and at the bottom of the lift hill you can see 2 bunches of 3 footers that could be the triangular ones we've seen poured.

Again....just my opinion.

Edit : See post above.

Thanks Beastmaster and MantisMan. Since there are so many supports grouped together so tightly in some areas, I can see why the triangle footers would be better than multiple small, square footers.

I can't wait to see vertical construction. As many others have said: "send in the cranes".

Edit:

I apologize for the reaction I gave. It's just a pet peeve I have.

I completely understand Beastmaster. Apology accepted.

Edited by kifanblh2011
  • Like 2

Banshee Twist?! They get purple ice cream??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's blue ice cream with 10x the food dye twisted with pink vanilla ice cream with an equal amount of dye... Can't imagine what this stuff does to our insides...

When the crows, sparrows, and pigeons eat berries, there are many purple droppings on our driveway.

Can you imagine our droppings after consuming a Banshee Twist?

Just for fun, watch this.....(sorry I couldn't find a Banshee doing it)

• Like 1

No, that is not true. Just because a ride was not shown in the renderings, does not mean it is getting removed. Since most of Adventure Express is so low to the ground, it wouldn`t be that noticeable in the rendering. It would have cost them more money to model that for the rendering, with little extra effect. After all, the focus is on Banshee, not Adventure Express,

• Like 6

Paint that maintenance shed black, black it fit in with the theme.

Also I believe this video is just supposed to be about the ride, they don't wan't the queue, slingshot, or express to distract you. I think they put in enough rides so you understand where it's located but not too much to distract.

I'm having trouble seeing where the queue will be. there is not much room under the ride like the blueprints showed. Only time will tell.

I have a bone to pick with some of you. I think it is very inconsiderate to say that this ride sucks and it's not good. CF Executives worked there butt off to try and give KI the best thing they think would go with the park. I can guarantee you they gave it their all and some of you are doing nothing but complaining, have some respect, and enjoy the construction progress! :)

• Like 14

Ride looks great. It will be interesting to see how AZ shapes up over the next few years with the Banshee theme. It would be great if the ride really did give off an unexpected Banshee scream. Retheming and renaming Flight Deck to The Bat would be wonderful. It looks like there is still a lot of space to fill. Rides like Congo Falls and Drop Zone can easily be rethemed and renamed over time. AZ could become DZ (Dark Zone). A lot can be done connecting AZ with X-Base to create a Sci-Fi/Dark blend on one side of the park. Could even paint The Racer closest to that side black.

• Like 2