Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

I know they are going to call it a batwing, but its really a Norwegian Loop. A Dive loop into an immelman. But if I was in marketing, I'd probably call it a batwing too. lol

Is it inaccurate to call it a pretzel? I know it's not the same as the pretzel on, say, tatsu, but it looks similar to me at least in shape. It looks nothing like Montu's batwing or the one on Vortex IMHO.

I've been using Pretzel Knot and so far no one that I have seen has jumped aboard. (Because of the exit and entry paths crossing over one another but the track actually twisting..unlike a pretzel loop; pretzel knot has been used on a coaster before.)

But if you join today I can promise you free water at any Kings Island drink vendor!

I can promise the water even if you don't join..

A pretzel knot and a norwegian are similar. A norwegian by definition is a dive loop into an Immelmann, which is exactly what Banshee has. RCDB is calling it a pretzel knot. King's Island is calling it a Batwing(which is technically incorrect according to wiki and rcdb). I may be the only one calling it a Norwegian. lol

• Like 2

Spent three hours up there today. I was going to spend all day tomorrow up there, but I just got a new job today that I start tomorrow, so I wanted to go for a bit today lol

I tried the Banshee twist ice cream. Very tasty but about as much skin staining food coloring as you'd find on an Easter egg!!! :lol: it took some effort to get all the dye off my face, and I still have some on my hands from where it dripped!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 6

I like buying shirts for the rides that I really like (Maverick Millenium Dragster Diamondback FoF Beast) so there for I can not buy a shirt for Banshee til I actually ride it.

Hopefully they have lower prices by then or at least a goldpass discount. We were looking at the Banshee shirts today over where its being built. Something like 16 to 18 for shirts, I personally like the 16 dollar ones better, the hoodies are around 35 dollars ( I like the grey with black print). We decided to wait to buy them but I know my wife would have bought at least 5 for Christmas presents if we had goldpass discounts there, I am going to buy that hoodie for Haunt! My wife and kids ate Banshee twists while I rode Delirium, I'm on a health kick right now so it was a good ride to avoid temptation. It did look pretty though!

• Like 1

The batwing/Norwegian loop/pretzel knot is an interesting marketing concept... I'm craving pretzels right now.

So am I!

Also, I see some similarities to the Gatekeeper station with the Banshee one. Not sure why, but its just giving me a similar vibe.

I like buying shirts for the rides that I really like (Maverick Millenium Dragster Diamondback FoF Beast) so there for I can not buy a shirt for Banshee til I actually ride it.

Hopefully they have lower prices by then or at least a goldpass discount. We were looking at the Banshee shirts today over where its being built. Something like 16 to 18 for shirts, I personally like the 16 dollar ones better, the hoodies are around 35 dollars ( I like the grey with black print). We decided to wait to buy them but I know my wife would have bought at least 5 for Christmas presents if we had goldpass discounts there, I am going to buy that hoodie for Haunt! My wife and kids ate Banshee twists while I rode Delirium, I'm on a health kick right now so it was a good ride to avoid temptation. It did look pretty though!

Yeah I don't know why this post showed up so much later than when I wrote it. People were actually talking about the Banshee shirts when I wrote it. Also not sure why I can't change my pic to a picture of Mavericks first hill. Keeps saying file is to large. Maybe because I'm on my Mobil

Yeah I don't know why this post showed up so much later than when I wrote it. People were actually talking about the Banshee shirts when I wrote it. Also not sure why I can't change my pic to a picture of Mavericks first hill. Keeps saying file is to large. Maybe because I'm on my Mobil