Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Reminder to everyone:

If you want to show what is happening on the webcam at that moment, you cannot simply link to or embed the webcam image directly from KI's servers. If you do that, your embedded or linked image will continue to update every minute, and hours later, those who are trying to read this thread will be lost as to what you were referring to. I've seen this twice tonight while trying to catch up on this thread.

To properly show the webcam at a particular point in time, you need to save the image to your computer and upload it to a third party hosting site, then embed the image from that site. That way the image will not change and people catching up late at night will be able to see what you were referring to.

• Like 5

A few quick notes...

1. They are now starting to pour footers near Adventure Express.

2. I had to stop for gas on the way home, so I left through the north exit. As I was heading north on KI Drive, a semi truck from Art's Rental was heading south on KI Drive with a large forklift on the trailer.

3. To answer the question about fog machines at night - KI (probably Don, but possibly someone else in KI's marketing department) stated on Facebook that "the ride experience at night will include special effects". It's one of the comments on the initial post about Banshee.

• Like 12

I like the name and theme but it doesn't fit in with the rest of Action Zone. I don't care that much, though. Sometimes standing out is way cooler than fitting in lol. I am excited about Banshee. :)

• Like 3

Reminder to everyone:

If you want to show what is happening on the webcam at that moment, you cannot simply link to or embed the webcam image directly from KI's servers. If you do that, your embedded or linked image will continue to update every minute, and hours later, those who are trying to read this thread will be lost as to what you were referring to. I've seen this twice tonight while trying to catch up on this thread.

To properly show the webcam at a particular point in time, you need to save the image to your computer and upload it to a third party hosting site, then embed the image from that site. That way the image will not change and people catching up late at night will be able to see what you were referring to.

I didn't realize the webcam would update. I was trying to just post the picture. Sorry everyone. I have since removed the embedded webcam.

I know they are going to call it a batwing, but its really a Norwegian Loop. A Dive loop into an immelman. But if I was in marketing, I'd probably call it a batwing too. lol

Is it inaccurate to call it a pretzel? I know it's not the same as the pretzel on, say, tatsu, but it looks similar to me at least in shape. It looks nothing like Montu's batwing or the one on Vortex IMHO.

I've been using Pretzel Knot and so far no one that I have seen has jumped aboard. (Because of the exit and entry paths crossing over one another but the track actually twisting..unlike a pretzel loop; pretzel knot has been used on a coaster before.)

But if you join today I can promise you free water at any Kings Island drink vendor!

I can promise the water even if you don't join..

Can't turn down free water. Although the girl at the jukebox diner did deny me free water last week. Bummer.

I know it has been discussed...but is the entrance to the station going to be the door at the bottom? I would gather it is...and that bottom looks to be an all-enclosed queue.

darn, I hope there is theming in there.

(Image)

Unfortunately it will not be an inclosed queue. It has been discussed here before that that will indeed be a gift shop of some sort. Also, there will be an elevator somewhere along side the station to get restricted mobility on the ride. The queue is guesstimated to be towards the left side of that image. Inbetween the station and the lower part of the loop into the zero-g roll.

Don't you guys remember the blueprints? The regular queue will be in between the lift hill and the brake run (right side of the image above). None of the queue (including FastLane) will be going under the station.

The FastLane queue will go right beside the station, under the stairs (that can't really be seen in the photo above) and then turn around to go up. The regular queue will be full of switchbacks leading to the stairs.

stairs_zps57150a5c.jpg

The red circle shows where the stairs are. From the entrance, the left queue is FL, while the right is the regular queue.

• Like 1

There will be a gift shop and ride photo located in the station building. Not shown in the rendering is another set of doors by the staircase on the left where riders who just got off of the train will enter the ride photo area. The elevator lift for wheelchairs will be adjacent to the exit stair case.

• Like 3

I know they are going to call it a batwing, but its really a Norwegian Loop. A Dive loop into an immelman. But if I was in marketing, I'd probably call it a batwing too. lol

Is it inaccurate to call it a pretzel? I know it's not the same as the pretzel on, say, tatsu, but it looks similar to me at least in shape. It looks nothing like Montu's batwing or the one on Vortex IMHO.

I've been using Pretzel Knot and so far no one that I have seen has jumped aboard. (Because of the exit and entry paths crossing over one another but the track actually twisting..unlike a pretzel loop; pretzel knot has been used on a coaster before.)

But if you join today I can promise you free water at any Kings Island drink vendor!

I can promise the water even if you don't join..

Can't turn down free water. Although the girl at the jukebox diner did deny me free water last week. Bummer.

I found out earflier in the season that no restaurant will give you free water that features a Coke freestyle machine, for fear of people stealing the soda since its a self-serve machine.

• Like 4