Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

I wonder if Cedar Fair will want to put more coasters in Kings Island than Cedar Point to beat magic mountain?? because Cedar Point is kinda landlocked

Not as much so as everyone thinks they are and if needed they can always remove attractions they can also expand into the parking lot

• Like 1

I wonder if Cedar Fair will want to put more coasters in Kings Island than Cedar Point to beat magic mountain?? because Cedar Point is kinda landlocked

Not as much so as everyone thinks they are and if needed they can always remove attractions they can also expand into the parking lot

ive seen the parking lot full on busy days so the parking lot isn't an option.

I'm sorry for referencing an old post, but I couldn't resist:

Am I the only one who thinks the supports are more purple than blue?

They look kind of purplish to mee too. And I'm a Macbook with retina display. Also, Vortex has purple/blue supports, i don't care what anyone says

Macbook Air or Pro?

That's kinda rude, don't you think? :P

Now that's out of the way, I'll add something to the current discussion: I would say Cedar Point isn't really competing against the California or Florida parks. They're limited by the length of their season. I'd say it's in between a regional and a destination park.

• Like 2

Thanks! :) I wasn't planning on going tonight, but my fiancé pulled a prank on me and said he thought he saw the lift hill from the freeway, so I decided that we had to go for the last 75 minutes to prove him wrong :lol:

• Like 2

Yeah. We had been up at The Beach Waterpark celebrating my birthday and I mentioned wanting to go to KI but not sure I was up to it (I have a very physically demanding job) but he knows I can't resist Diamondback lol

• Like 2

I just realized how interesting it is that it is named Banshee. I'm Irish, and have lost two relatives in 8 months. One in December and one yesterday, and while I don't believe in folklore stuff like that, I gotta say it's kinda interesting and maybe a bit creepy lol (sorry I know it's kinda off topic unrelated whatever.... I woke up at 7:45am to get bad news. I'm TIRED!! :P)

Visited Cedar Point yesterday and had a chance to ride nearly every ride there... (God Bless Fast Lane+)

When Banshee was first announced, I was very skeptical about the ride not having a MCBR. I figured this would lead to stacking on stacking of trains, although I'm happy to say I think my opinion may have changed. I have never in life seen such poor operations on a roller coaster until I saw Raptor and Mantis on Saturday. Both rides had a 2.5 hour wait, and the crew was in no hurry to "push" the trains. Both rides are designed with MCBRs, but they were not being utilized at all, which makes them 100% pointless. I feel as though Cedar Fair reviewed Raptor while designing Banshee in the sense that they knew it was impossible to be able to dispatch another train by the time it hit the MCBR. Granted, both of those rides are a pain to secure and check (unlike Diamondback), so I will give them credit where deserved. So long as the new crew of Banshee can really move the trains once it opens, I will be completely fine with a three-train, no MCBR coaster.

P.s.= The Gatekeeper crew was insane on Saturday. Not a single stacked train once, and the ride ops were so motivated to move that they would run to their post area to dispatch after they checked the last restraint. I loved, loved, loved seeing that.

• Like 7

I was talking with a crew member of Firehawk the other day at a party and he told me that the Banshee crew was going to be hand picked. And that only returning employees would

be allowed to work it. He said its Kind of a big deal Like an honor to be chosen for this. So that should give you some hope for the new ride.

On a side note when I was at Cedar Point the other day Raptor went down first thing in the morning and the crew was teasing one of the workers saying she had hit a button out of sequence and this caused the malfunction. So maybe they have a few "newbees" on the crew right now as many kids are heading back to school..

• Like 5

I went to Kings Island sunday and rode The Racer. On the red train right before you get in station, if you look left the have a whole pile of tombstones wrapped in plastic. My first thought that this is theming for Banshee. Unless its for the haunt. I didnt take pics but if your going there soon look and see for your self. You can also see it from the fence on the path to X-base.

• Like 3

I went to Kings Island sunday and rode The Racer. On the red train right before you get in station, if you look left the have a whole pile of tombstones wrapped in plastic. My first thought that this is theming for Banshee. Unless its for the haunt. I didnt take pics but if your going there soon look and see for your self. You can also see it from the fence on the path to X-base.

There were a lot of haunt props out in that area last Monday when I was there. I would be willing to bet that is haunt props, not for Banshee.

• Like 2

There were a lot of haunt props out in that area last Monday when I was there. I would be willing to bet that is haunt props, not for Banshee.

Can it be for both?

Can it be for both?

I guess it could be, but from what I saw, it did not seem like it. One can hope though!

One thing I will say is that I surely hope that the restraints won't suffocate you like they do on Gatekeeper. When I was first locked into the seat, I found those newer restraints to be comfortable and tolerable, but by the time the ride was over, I was ready to get out ( and mind you I am rather small person so it just seems insane to me to feel so suffocated by a restraint) The restraint had tightened so much I couldn't wait to be let off the ride so I could breathe. This has happened to me every time I have ridden this coaster and I have seen others make the same look of relief when the OSTR is let up.

Since I have been reading that Banshee will have similar type restraints as the Wing coasters ( correct me if I am wrong ) I just hope that won't be the deal with Banshee. Not that it will keep me off the ride at all, as it hasn't kept me off Gatekeeper, but it would be nice not to be squished by the end of an awesome ride lol

• Like 3