Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

One thing I will say is that I surely hope that the restraints won't suffocate you like they do on Gatekeeper. When I was first locked into the seat, I found those newer restraints to be comfortable and tolerable, but by the time the ride was over, I was ready to get out ( and mind you I am rather small person so it just seems insane to me to feel so suffocated by a restraint) The restraint had tightened so much I couldn't wait to be let off the ride so I could breathe. This has happened to me every time I have ridden this coaster and I have seen others make the same look of relief when the OSTR is let up.

Since I have been reading that Banshee will have similar type restraints as the Wing coasters ( correct me if I am wrong ) I just hope that won't be the deal with Banshee. Not that it will keep me off the ride at all, as it hasn't kept me off Gatekeeper, but it would be nice not to be squished by the end of an awesome ride lol

I believe its been mentioned they're working on Gatekeepers restraint system to solve the problem you mentioned, Banshee should be good to go without the restraint tightening on those with no pecks, bulk up! :P

I was able to get an interview with Don on my last visit to the park. We talk about the restraints on Banshee! I think this video will address some of your and others concerns! Enjoy!

• Like 18

It appears that they are still staging the steel for erection. They may have connected some of the steel on the ground (prior to erection) or may have done some work near the footers, but from the web cam it doesn't appear that there has been have gone vertical. They've spent about the last week or so staging this area; I don't know how long that takes, but it appears like they should be going vertical soon (sometime this week if I had to guess) Once they start going vertical, I would think the main supports for the transfer area and stationg should go up pretty quick and it will take shape in "the blink of an eye"

Seeing as how we have the same restraint system as Gatekeeper, and how that ride has a height restriction of 52", I really hope Banshee will have a 52" height restriction so that my sister can ride this next year with me!
Also, we have enough 54" rides, we need more intermediate between 48 and 54 seeing as there's only WindSeeker and Delirium.

• Like 1

After looking at the Web Cam again, and squinting as hard as my eyes will allow me, I think I agree w/ you now; the vertical supports are tough to see from that far away, but they do appear to be there. If there are 3 rows for the transfer station, it appears that they have gone vertical on about 1 & 3/4ths of the rows.

Did you zoom that after a screen capture? looks like they'll go vertical on all 3 rows tonight. I assume they'll tie them off w/ the horizontal steel at the top prior to wrapping up for the day, though I can't say if that is standard protocal or not.

One thing I will say is that I surely hope that the restraints won't suffocate you like they do on Gatekeeper. When I was first locked into the seat, I found those newer restraints to be comfortable and tolerable, but by the time the ride was over, I was ready to get out ( and mind you I am rather small person so it just seems insane to me to feel so suffocated by a restraint) The restraint had tightened so much I couldn't wait to be let off the ride so I could breathe. This has happened to me every time I have ridden this coaster and I have seen others make the same look of relief when the OSTR is let up.

Since I have been reading that Banshee will have similar type restraints as the Wing coasters ( correct me if I am wrong ) I just hope that won't be the deal with Banshee. Not that it will keep me off the ride at all, as it hasn't kept me off Gatekeeper, but it would be nice not to be squished by the end of an awesome ride lol

I believe its been mentioned they're working on Gatekeepers restraint system to solve the problem you mentioned, Banshee should be good to go without the restraint tightening on those with no pecks, bulk up! :P

I was able to get an interview with Don on my last visit to the park. We talk about the restraints on Banshee! I think this video will address some of your and others concerns! Enjoy!

The tombstones we saw will be positioned along the ride circuit? That would be cool-

What would it be like to have your name along some twisted foreboding ride, Terp?

I enjoyed this interview. Great questions... especially about the theming and "Bat" website. I still think it was (even if just a tiny bit) intended to get us KIC'ers up in arms. Thank you for sharing.

As far as the construction: I looked at the webcam around 10:00 something this morning and said to myself "Hey maybe they will go vertical while I'm there this week"... I check about an hour ago and said outloud "YAYYYY!" :D They certainly got the supports up very quickly. Is this a typical pace?

I'm glad the park is going to add the graveyard and fog (at night) throughout the course. Can't wait to see what that'll look like next year.

Did KI say they are going to add these things, or are you just going off of the animation videos? I hope they do though.

I'm glad the park is going to add the graveyard and fog (at night) throughout the course. Can't wait to see what that'll look like next year.

Did KI say they are going to add these things, or are you just going off of the animation videos? I hope they do though.

they are alot of tombstones beside The Racer that you can see when you ride it, unless that is for the haunt

Listen to the interview posted by IndyGuy4KI (post #512 in this thread) Don says the gravestones will be used.

Listen to the interview posted by IndyGuy4KI (post #512 in this thread) Don says the gravestones will be used.

Thanks, just did hear it. Don said there will be fog effects and tombstones. I thought i heard him say there may be a surprise or two as well.

• Like 1