Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

One thing I will say is that I surely hope that the restraints won't suffocate you like they do on Gatekeeper. When I was first locked into the seat, I found those newer restraints to be comfortable and tolerable, but by the time the ride was over, I was ready to get out ( and mind you I am rather small person so it just seems insane to me to feel so suffocated by a restraint) The restraint had tightened so much I couldn't wait to be let off the ride so I could breathe. This has happened to me every time I have ridden this coaster and I have seen others make the same look of relief when the OSTR is let up.

Since I have been reading that Banshee will have similar type restraints as the Wing coasters ( correct me if I am wrong ) I just hope that won't be the deal with Banshee. Not that it will keep me off the ride at all, as it hasn't kept me off Gatekeeper, but it would be nice not to be squished by the end of an awesome ride lol

I believe its been mentioned they're working on Gatekeepers restraint system to solve the problem you mentioned, Banshee should be good to go without the restraint tightening on those with no pecks, bulk up! :P

I was able to get an interview with Don on my last visit to the park. We talk about the restraints on Banshee! I think this video will address some of your and others concerns! Enjoy!

What did he say about the problems with Gatekeeper's restraints? Right as you asked him about them, either the wind picked up, the microphone had problems, or both, because I could not hear a single word of Don's answer to that question.

• Like 1

helps where there are only 4 bolts per post. I think they are going to get a section of track in before the end of the day

They are definitely going vertical. I just left the park an hour ago. Looks like most of the beams for the station are up. So far, the best view of the station construction is from Drop Tower.

• Like 1

helps where there are only 4 bolts per post. I think they are going to get a section of track in before the end of the day

They are definitely going vertical. I just left the park an hour ago. Looks like most of the beams for the station are up. So far, the best view of the station construction is from Drop Tower.

Station or the storage house for the trains?

One thing I will say is that I surely hope that the restraints won't suffocate you like they do on Gatekeeper. When I was first locked into the seat, I found those newer restraints to be comfortable and tolerable, but by the time the ride was over, I was ready to get out ( and mind you I am rather small person so it just seems insane to me to feel so suffocated by a restraint) The restraint had tightened so much I couldn't wait to be let off the ride so I could breathe. This has happened to me every time I have ridden this coaster and I have seen others make the same look of relief when the OSTR is let up.

Since I have been reading that Banshee will have similar type restraints as the Wing coasters ( correct me if I am wrong ) I just hope that won't be the deal with Banshee. Not that it will keep me off the ride at all, as it hasn't kept me off Gatekeeper, but it would be nice not to be squished by the end of an awesome ride lol

I believe its been mentioned they're working on Gatekeepers restraint system to solve the problem you mentioned, Banshee should be good to go without the restraint tightening on those with no pecks, bulk up! :P

I was able to get an interview with Don on my last visit to the park. We talk about the restraints on Banshee! I think this video will address some of your and others concerns! Enjoy!

What did he say about the problems with Gatekeeper's restraints? Right as you asked him about them, either the wind picked up, the microphone had problems, or both, because I could not hear a single word of Don's answer to that question.

I believe he said they will not keep tightening like they do on Gatekeeper. (I think)

• Like 1

It is the maintenance shed that is being built. It's amazing how much it looks like Diamond Backs.. I wanted to get some pics but there were no good spots from the ground to photograph it. And I didn't really want to o up on he tower. I did think the track looked much "pinker" in life then on my iPad.

Edited to fix my brain fart

This might help you see it a bit better.

BansheeTransfer_zps8a9a3e67.jpg

It is the station house that is being built. It's amazing how much it looks like Diamond Backs.. I wanted to get some pics but there were no good spots from the ground to photograph it. And I didn't really want to o up on he tower. I did think the track looked much "pinker" in life then on my iPad.

Jay, as you can see in this photo, the crane is sitting where the sliding transfer will be. The crane is lifting parts of the train maintenance / storage area into place. The station will be on the opposite side of the crane.

Wow, Oldiesmann, great pictures! I didn't realize that many other track pieces had arrived. I'm really looking forward to track placement. I would love if it could be topped out by the final weekend of haunt. More would be great. I just want the fantastic photo ops.

• Like 4

Wow, Oldiesmann, great pictures! I didn't realize that many other track pieces had arrived. I'm really looking forward to track placement. I would love if it could be topped out by the final weekend of haunt. More would be great. I just want the fantastic photo ops.

I had the same reaction to the pictures. I knew at least 3 had shown up, but I counted what looked like 6 so far.

• Like 1

He said that they've been working on the Gatekeeper restraints and he anticipates that B&M will have a solution so Banshee will not have an issue.

• Like 2

This might help you see it a bit better.

BansheeTransfer_zps8a9a3e67.jpg

It is the station house that is being built. It's amazing how much it looks like Diamond Backs.. I wanted to get some pics but there were no good spots from the ground to photograph it. And I didn't really want to o up on he tower. I did think the track looked much "pinker" in life then on my iPad.

Jay, as you can see in this photo, the crane is sitting where the sliding transfer will be. The crane is lifting parts of the train maintenance / storage area into place. The station will be on the opposite side of the crane.

That was a brain fart on my part I completely meant it was the maintenance shed.lol. It was a long day. Sorry

• Like 1

That they are working on the tightening issue and expect that to be resolved for Banshee!

• Like 4

This is off topic and I apologize, but does anyone know how much Fast Lane plus costs? I went on the website all it said was as low as $55, and when I tapped buy now it just gave me ticket options and prices but not Fast Lane options.