Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Regarding construction, looks like they've got the underslab steel up in place today on the transfer table, I wonder if they'll pour concrete for that portion soon, or if they'll wait for the station to be built and make both pours at once. There should be a decent amount up by the time the Haunt rolls around. I'd imagine many of the regulars are done visiting KI until the Huant rolls around and they'll be quite a few checking out the views from the Eiffel Tower/drop zone/ etc..

• Like 1

I know this isn't much of construction but i thought i could say i went to school today for my first day to find out my physics teacher is going ti take us all to ride the Banshee next year i just wanted to say that it's awesome!

You have an awesome physics teacher! :D

• Like 10

I know this isn't much of construction but i thought i could say i went to school today for my first day to find out my physics teacher is going ti take us all to ride the Banshee next year i just wanted to say that it's awesome!

My high school physics teacher also took my class to KI. As far as field trips go, this is pretty much the best field trip I could ask for. I'll never forget that day as we were all supposed to meet back at the bus in the parking lot at 6pm; but my buddy and I got stuck in line for Beast and didn't make it to the bus at 7pm. Wow! As we were walking back to the bus and my physics teacher saw us coming, he came off the bus and gave us a good lashing. That was quite embarrassing. We deserved it though; can't believe we made everyone wait for us for an hour. They had to be some made people.

Anyway, hope you have fun.

• Like 5

Even though this is the first year of Fast Lane Plus, I think Fast Lane went up in price anyways from last year. I hope it doesn't go up again next year.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it did go up in price. I think it was only $55 last year, MAYBE $60, now regular Fast Lane is $70 for one.

I wish they would price FL like they do at Kennywood where you can pay for only what you want. Coasters, water rides and flats all sold separately. granted it is not unlimited rides and you have specific ride times but it is also a lot less expensive.

• Like 1

Darn Fast Lane plus cost $85 lol ouch. Oh well. It will be worth it

On really busy days, it's worth every penny imo.

Yeah I worked 42 hours on my feet during the week lol this is my play day and I wasn't about to spend all day on my feet just waiting for rides!

Being bored I was checking out some Historical amusement park footage and came across this-

A few things I noticed was that CP didn't put much effort into the switch from Banshee to Mantis (not just in the animation) and The similarities to this animation and KI's Banshee. Just thought it would be nice to share this for comparisons and historical searching.

• Like 2

Looking at the ride over and over again, if I could pick two coasters that combined to make this ride, it would be Kumba and Raptor.

I don't see a whole lot of similarities between Banshee and Raptor. The only thing they both have is a zero G roll and a vertical loop. I think Banshee was a combination of all of the best inverts rolled into one.

• Like 3

I have never ridden Raptor. Debating on it if I go to CP at the end of September. On one hand, I want to, but on the other hand that would mean Banshee would not be my first full invert and that kind of makes me sad lol I'm going to have to think about this

• Like 2