Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

If, heaven forfend, something terrible happens to Raptor, you or Cedar Point and next year you could not ride the Cedar Point coasters, or perhaps any coaster, you'd feel pretty silly for delaying for such a preposterous reason. Go. While you can. Tomorrow is not guaranteed. For any of us or any park.

• Like 12

If, heaven forfend, something terrible happens to Raptor, you or Cedar Point and next year you could not ride the Cedar Point coasters, or perhaps any coaster, you'd feel pretty silly for delaying for such a preposterous reason. Go. While you can. Tomorrow is not guaranteed. For any of us or any park.

LOL!!! That sounds like a good enough reason to go on it :lol:

• Like 2

That's what I thought. I rode the stand up coaster at former SFKK and loved it so much that I rode it 5 or 6 times in a row, much to the annoyance of the friend that was with me :lol:

So much enters into that, I'm really not comfortable even guessing. We will know when we know. Even then, it can change.

What all enters into it, other than (I'm guessing) the roughness of the ride? (I'm betting this will be rated a 5 but I don't know what factors into that other than roughness/intensity/speed)

• Like 1

I also love Mantis. I suggest anyone who says B&M are "force-less" to ride that. And yeah it could be very painful if you were seated wrong. I have rode it about 6 times this year and I ALWAYS make sure my best friends are pulled up in a safe position. If your careless with the jewels you get whats coming to you..

• Like 4

I also love Mantis. I suggest anyone who says B&M are "force-less" to ride that. And yeah it could be very painful if you were seated wrong. I have rode it about 6 times this year and I ALWAYS make sure my best friends are pulled up in a safe position. If your careless with the jewels you get whats coming to you..

A problem I don't have to worry about :lol: my problem with some roller coasters is I'm so small the restraint either has to be a little loose or I have to pin myself in. I decided yesterday I'm done riding Racer indefinitely. The lap bar leaves several inches of space between the restraint and my legs when it is down all the way, so I am forced up out of my seat and my legs take a very painful beating on the lap bar. It's just gotten to be too painful of a ride for me.

With Delirium and Invertigo I usually end up having to scoot farther back in the seat than one is meant to be in order to get the restraint to fit snug on me, vs leaving a gap Neither one has led to a painful unemployable ride though :)

I'm really hoping Banshee's restraints will fit me snugly without me having to scoot extra far back lol.

• Like 2

I'm not a small guy and Magnum does the same thing to me. Its ejector air is really extreme. So you might want to skip that one, or at least brace yourself...

I will probably skip it. If I have a thick jacket or towel on me I will stuff it between the lap bar on top of my legs and that helps cushion the blow. I miss backwards Racer. I have never been a huge fan of forward Racer, but loved backwards Racer.

I don't know if the lap bars are like that on all the seats or just front. I know red and blue have the same problem. I used to like it bc I wasn't pinned down but now the gap between lap bar and my legs has gotten bigger and it's painful.

Where is exactly the best place to sit in how do you position yourself correctly?

Ironically I ride in the back, I love the feeling of being snatched over a hill. And I always stand up straight with my feet out a little bit with all the important stuff moved forward. Never and I mean NEVER under you..

• Like 2

Mantis is one of my favorite B&M's for its force but a ride could go terribly wrong if seated incorrectly. But Kat, give Racer one last chance! I get that comment told to me a lot when I tell them my favorite ride is The Racer.

I might try a different seat to see if the restraints are better and/or the force is less intense but front is out for sure.

On the topic of painful rides, I will say guy or girl you gotta be careful on Delirium and WindSeeker bc of how those seats are designed!!! I'm short and it's tricky to get on and off WindSeeker and I've learned the hard way more than once to be more careful!!! I've seen several guys learn that lesson the same way as well on both rides. Never ever scoot forward lol

• Like 3

Mantis is a stand-up. One should not be seated.

I was seated a few times on Chang bc at only 5'3" my feet didn't always touch the floor, particularly if I got on after a really tall person. That made it all the more fun for me :lol:

A problem I don't have to worry about :lol: my problem with some roller coasters is I'm so small the restraint either has to be a little loose or I have to pin myself in. I decided yesterday I'm done riding Racer indefinitely. The lap bar leaves several inches of space between the restraint and my legs when it is down all the way, so I am forced up out of my seat and my legs take a very painful beating on the lap bar. It's just gotten to be too painful of a ride for me.

With Delirium and Invertigo I usually end up having to scoot farther back in the seat than one is meant to be in order to get the restraint to fit snug on me, vs leaving a gap Neither one has led to a painful unemployable ride though :)

I'm really hoping Banshee's restraints will fit me snugly without me having to scoot extra far back lol.

I hear ya! Do you find yourself holding yourself into the back of the seat on Firehawk? It's work for small people to ride, sometimes. I won't give up The Racer, though- I love the rickey sound it makes and the airtime.

I hear ya! Do you find yourself holding yourself into the back of the seat on Firehawk? It's work for small people to ride, sometimes.

Sometimes. Usually they pin me into that one, though. Invertigo I have to scoot back to where the seat scoops up to the back most times to get it to click tight and not leave a gap lol. The Beast leaves a gap, but the force is not such that it pulls me up out of my seat and gives my legs a good beating. I personally rank Racer as rougher than The Beast.