Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

I don't have issues with any restraints at Kings Island. i agree with kat that The Racer is rougher than The Beast. Its like stapling a jackhammer to your back turned on while trying to sit down on concrete. I tolerate it (giving the fact its a wooden coaster. ) but The Racer could use some track work and a coat of paint.

• Like 3

I don't have issues with any restraints at Kings Island. i agree with kat that The Racer is rougher than The Beast. Its like stapling a jackhammer to your back turned on while trying to sit down on concrete. I tolerate it (giving the fact its a wooden coaster. ) but The Racer could use some track work and a coat of paint.

I wouldn't mind restraint work either. The way they click down seems more geared towards larger guests than smaller guests. I'm 5'3 and about 103 pounds. I need something that will click me in more secure lol

If, heaven forfend, something terrible happens to Raptor, you or Cedar Point and next year you could not ride the Cedar Point coasters, or perhaps any coaster, you'd feel pretty silly for delaying for such a preposterous reason. Go. While you can. Tomorrow is not guaranteed. For any of us or any park.

LOL!!! That sounds like a good enough reason to go on it :lol:

Tanslation: YOLO.

Don't know if this has been brought up yet or not, but what do you think height requirement for Banshee will be? I'm guessing 54"

Don said it hadn't been decided yet a while back. But if I had to guess, it'll be 54". Though, I'm hoping for 52", like Gatekeeper. (other wing riders have 54" though)

Final consensus is a big fat, "I don't know."

--

And.. I will never understand, as far as I can see, why people have so many, and unique issues with just about any restraint. Maybe I'm weird, but I don't have issues with standups, or OTSRs, or even simple wooden coaster lapbars..

lucky me.. but confused me.

• Like 1

Well my complaint with the restraint is just due to the fact that they end up hurting me lol I don't typically have issues with restraints. All I know is today my back is hurting extremely bad and I really think its because I got so beat up on The Racer yesterday. I don't know. All I do know is I got beat up and have no intention of riding it again this season. In all honesty with my back I probably shouldn't ride roller coasters at all but I love them too much to stay away, so I choose to ride them at my own risk. If they end up hurting my back more, well, that's my fault and I have to live with the pain lol. Usually they don't make my back hurt worse though :)

The Racer is rough. I think I'm so fond of it because it's construction reminds me of The Cyclone before it got haunted by poor ownership.

That style of coaster used to be the only game in town. It takes me back to when I was 7, when you were considered a daredevil to jump on a ride like that.

I like the wild ride. It sounds clinky and it rides rough, but I always feel safe enough to lean forward down the hill.

• Like 2

I showed my 20 year old niece (my sometimes riding partner,) the POV of Banshee and she's scared to death of it! Now what am I to do?

I kept pointing out how pretty it was, how boss it was, look how big the loops are, it's not going to whip you like Invertigo, but she's frightened.

I guess it's single lane for me when she and I go.

• Like 2

I haven't either, its a love hate relationship to me. I like how quickly the line moves and how neat the station looks when they assign seats, but I also like to pick where I sit.

Like yesterday, my friends and I went to the park and lapped Diamondback quite a bit. For my 100th ride I wanted to sit in the very back, and we did just that! No questions asked!

On a side note, has anyone else noticed how much Diamondbacks lift hill supports have faded over the past year?

• Like 5

I showed my 20 year old niece (my sometimes riding partner,) the POV of Banshee and she's scared to death of it! Now what am I to do?

I kept pointing out how pretty it was, how boss it was, look how big the loops are, it's not going to whip you like Invertigo, but she's frightened.

I'm a single rider many times when I go bc my fiancé is too large for most coasters and afraid of heights lol so I would be happy to be your ride buddy sometimes if you want :)

I'm a single rider many times when I go bc my fiancé is too large for most coasters and afraid of heights lol so I would be happy to be your ride buddy sometimes if you want :)

Thanks. (if I can get there!)
  • Like 4