Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

In years past, I've had my Platinum Pass rejected at other parks after I had renewed it. "I'm sorry sir, this isn't good until next year."

They've always fixed it (had a totally different issue at Carowinds some years back). It has sometimes taken up to twenty minutes, and at some parks I was treated as if a thief. It's sad. Hopefully, this issue is finally resolved.

This is what happened to me at CP this year. It was the first time I used my PP this year and they kept me in a room for about an hour while on the horn with KI. I guess to speed up the process they told me to keep my receipt and bring it on the first visit. That way you can show them you purchased it with your card and they can match the card number.

And Paramount Passes got you in at all Paramount Parks. At most, you might have to stop by GR if your pass was from KI.

I had a pass from every Paramount Park at one time or another.

Oddly, before the Paramount Parks acquisition, I never had one bit of trouble with my Cedar Fair passes--from Dorney, Cedar Point or Worlds of Fun.

• Like 3

Your Platinum or Gold passes are good through the end of the season.

Per a post on Facebook, the last day to use a Regular season pass is on Labor Day.

This confuses me.

What's the difference between a Gold pass and Regular season pass?

Gold pass also includes meal deals, discounted souvenir cups ($9.99 for one instead of $13.99), ERT (early ride time), and I think, but not positive, 10% off in very select gift shops. Don't know if they still do that or not, but I know they used to.

That's assuming they even include Banshee in ERT. I hope so!!! KI really needs to learn a lesson from CP about ERT. I haven't experienced CP ERT yet, but I looked it up online earlier this summer bc I'm going up there Sept. 27th and 28th and wanted to see if Millennium Force was part of ERT. I was amazed at how many rides are part of their one hour long ERT.

• Like 2

That's assuming they even include Banshee in ERT. I hope so!!! KI really needs to learn a lesson from CP about ERT. I haven't experienced CP ERT yet, but I looked it up online earlier this summer bc I'm going up there Sept. 27th and 28th and wanted to see if Millennium Force was part of ERT. I was amazed at how many rides are part of their one hour long ERT.

At CP there are a few thousand people lined up for ERT even on weekday mornings. At KI they are a few hundred on a Saturday..

• Like 4

I know the year WindSeeker opened, they switched up ERT. One day it would be Invertigo and I think Delirium (correct me if I am wrong), one day it would be Diamondback and Beast, and one day it would be Vortex bc it was supposed to be Vortex and WindSeeker but WindSeeker was very rarely opened its first year. That was kind of nice having a variety. It encouraged pass holders to come on different days throughout the season for different ERT options.

I love KI, probably always will, but IMO they have been going downhill significantly since CF took over, and I'm becoming less satisfied with the overall experience. It seems even now employees don't enforce ANY rules anymore. It's like they have been trained not to care.

At CP there are a few thousand people lined up for ERT even on weekday mornings. At KI they are a few hundred on a Saturday..

Nice. CP just has way more to offer than KI. I've only been there once for about 6 hours on a Saturday in July 2010 but loved it and have longed to go back since the moment I left

The biggest thing I want out of KI is ERT to let you roam wherever during ERT. It's a great perk to be able to stand in the first group of people for a ride right at ten. Last time we went we did our rides, and then waited to marathon power tower after God Bless America went off, it was brilliant However at KI, you're herded on a typical path and only allowed so far before again you have another racing of the bulls as the barriers are dropped. Not a fan of the setup and honestly don't know why they have it setup this way. How great would it be to wait at 10 to ride Firehawk before the lines hit, or wait for Vortex to be on that first ride right at 10, ect...just don't get it...

• Like 7

We ask that they walk...but you and I both know it never works..

Sometimes I find it amusing, you see four types of running, especially during my time at Monster/Witches wheel

1. The crazed enthusiast running to a coaster screaming and more excited than a kid on Christmas Day

2. The families running dragging their kids across the concrete to use that precious ERT

3. The ones trying to run (most hilarious)

4. Speedwalkers because they know they can't run

I loved them running through, I've had my fun with ERT people.

1. At magnum at the overpass from the station drop off, we threw glitter on them while playing Kesha

2. Rick rolled everyone going to Dragster at Corkscrew station

3. Yelling at them to go faster and faster over at Monster, high knees, go..

Ah best summer ever, not a care was given honestly...

• Like 10