Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

I can assure you that the station for Banshee will work. They aren`t going to install a ride as expensive as Banshee if the loading station doesn`t work.

Let me guess: you helped design it, Mr. Architect? :P

Well, I`m technically not an architect yet. My official title is an intern architect. I have so far only taken one out of the seven licensure exams to get my Architect license. I passed the structures portion so far.

• Like 8

The area between the transfer track and the first track support before the turn left to go up the lift looks like a small area for the station to squeeze into.

Good. We needn't waste space. IMO

Would they do the lift hill first since its apparently supposed to be a bad winter? Get the big part out of the way maybe? It looks that way to me.

It would be more understandable, for me, if the reason they start towards the midway, is so that while track is still going up, the station can be constructed, and concrete be laid for queue, etc.

To me, the entire ride is going to be big.

I can assure you that the station for Banshee will work. They aren`t going to install a ride as expensive as Banshee if the loading station doesn`t work.

Let me guess: you helped design it, Mr. Architect? :P

Well, I`m technically not an architect yet. My official title is an intern architect. I have so far only taken one out of the seven licensure exams to get my Architect license. I passed the structures portion so far.

Ah, OK. Good luck on the other six!

• Like 4

Tell that to Hersheypark concerning Skyrush. I personally haven't experienced it, but from my understanding its station was a nightmare on capacity its opening season (compared to what it could have been), with the one sided load and unload. Last year also included an attempt at rotating bins that apparently didn't work out so well, but apparently have been eliminated?

• Like 1

Looks like they will have the brake run done by the end of today. I'd assume they'd start doing lift hill supports after that, but I'm not seeing any track that looks like lift hill track on site. Idk that they'd start putting those supports up without the track, so we may be getting ready to see a slowdown on track/support construction. Could be that they have it planned this way so they can start building the station.

From previous observation, they typically work with lower portions first, then work their way up.

As an example: If it was just one hill, the would start at the lowest points on each side of the hill, working there way up both sides until they meet at the top.

If I were a betting man, I would bet they will start with the lower portion of the first drop and and lower portion of the loop before they continue work on the lift segment.

But I'm not a betting man and thats fine.

I've been wrong before.

• Like 1

That's assuming they even include Banshee in ERT. I hope so!!! KI really needs to learn a lesson from CP about ERT. I haven't experienced CP ERT yet, but I looked it up online earlier this summer bc I'm going up there Sept. 27th and 28th and wanted to see if Millennium Force was part of ERT. I was amazed at how many rides are part of their one hour long ERT.

I had early ride time two days in a row last month at Cedar Point. They included Iron Dragon, Raptor, Maverick, Millenium Force, and Gatekeeper. According to a guy in line next to me on Day 2 that was twice as many rides for early ride time as he had seen in his previous visits. Gatekeeper's line was so long it was actually shorter during normal ride times and pretty much not worth getting in line for during early ride time. Raptor and Iron Dragon I skipped during ERT because their lines were pretty much the same length and not making use of the ERT. Millenium Force would have been worth it vs the usually insanely long near two hour lines. I found the super longer walk to Maverick was worth it as the line was so much shorter I was able to ride it twice before early ride time ended. To me Maverick was the ERT line vs normal operation hours wait time of the offerings.

• Like 1

From previous observation, they typically work with lower portions first, then work their way up.

As an example: If it was just one hill, the would start at the lowest points on each side of the hill, working there way up both sides until they meet at the top.

If I were a betting man, I would bet they will start with the lower portion of the first drop and and lower portion of the loop before they continue work on the lift segment.

I've been wrong before.

I'm pretty sure you're correct. They will most likely work from the midway back to the valley, constructing the drop to through the diving loop. then constructing the hill to the loop around it, then the loop, then the rest of the lift hill. They wont want to lift parts over already constructed parts...too much room for error and damage.

• Like 2

Looks like they will have the brake run done by the end of today. I'd assume they'd start doing lift hill supports after that, but I'm not seeing any track that looks like lift hill track on site. Idk that they'd start putting those supports up without the track, so we may be getting ready to see a slowdown on track/support construction. Could be that they have it planned this way so they can start building the station.

They probably have it planned to focus on Halloween Haunt while the ride awaits lift pieces. They will complete track work out front then bring in the station crew and concrete for the queue after the area is done.

• Like 1

I've been wrong before.

I'm pretty sure you're correct. They will most likely work from the midway back to the valley, constructing the drop to through the diving loop. then constructing the hill to the loop around it, then the loop, then the rest of the lift hill. They wont want to lift parts over already constructed parts...too much room for error and damage.

Yeah, looking at where they have Clifford sitting, I'm thinking they will be building the dive loop next. Makes sense as after they build the lift, they won't have easy access to that area.

Looking at Gatekeepers Time Lapse and Photo's it looks like the Station and Queue were the last to be completed.

The track through the station area was the first to be completed like Banshee. The station area takes A LOT more time than putting up the rest of the track. So it makes sense that they want to get those guys working on it as soon as they can.

Yeah, looking at where they have Clifford sitting, I'm thinking they will be building the dive loop next. Makes sense as after they build the lift, they won't have easy access to that area.

I don't work construction or anything, but I this this is the order they will go based off the layout.

1. Station/Break run (Already "done" so that was easy to figure out ;))

2. The dive loop and the valleys near it.

3. The lift hill and drop. (Clifford is big enough so they shouldn't have an issue reaching over the lift to finish the drop.)

4. Vertical loop.

5. From here i think they will work primarily "chronologically" for the rest.