Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

I am enjoying the fact that we are debating the color of the track. To me it doesn't have the Cedar Fair red, but I also agree with YoungStud that the general public could perceive it as simply red.

Perhaps the debate will never end, subsequently causing more people to go to the park to see for themselves. The color could unintentionally be a marketing ploy!

• Like 1

Looks like the final brake run is almost finished.

Any word yet on Slingshot's status for next year?

Has there been anything saying slingshot was leaving?

Just asking, because there was some speculation for it leaving because it didn't make it into the ride renderings. When I was looking at the webcam earlier compared to the renderings I thought that it was in the way of Banshee's first drop.

Looks like the final brake run is almost finished.

Any word yet on Slingshot's status for next year?

Has there been anything saying slingshot was leaving?

Just asking, because there was some speculation for it leaving because it didn't make it into the ride renderings. When I was looking at the webcam earlier compared to the renderings I thought that it was in the way of Banshee's first drop.

Those discussions also pointed out that AE wasn't in the renderings and beast wasn't in the Diamondback renderings either.

They are currently storing track between the lift hill footers and slingshot, so I don't think there will be any interference.

The track certainly isn't a traditional or "true" red, but it certainly has at least a hint of the hue to it's base.

I know a lot of people have expressed that they are very pleased with the color scheme. I'm personally rather conflicted. The scheme is certainly a fairly unique (sigh... something is either unique or it isn't... there is no grey area. Shame on me) one, and the colors should pop and look brilliant in the park.

On the other hand, whether the track color is red or purple or magenta or burgundy... I feel it's safe to say it's in the same basic area of the color wheel as Diamondback, and it's a bit disappointing that KI will have two towering B&M coasters in the park with somewhat similarily colored tracks.

• Like 5

Guest KingsIslandPR

The track certainly isn't a traditional or "true" red, but it certainly has at least a hint of the hue to it's base.

I know a lot of people have expressed that they are very pleased with the color scheme. I'm personally rather conflicted. The scheme is certainly a fairly unique (sigh... something is either unique or it isn't... there is no grey area. Shame on me) one, and the colors should pop and look brilliant in the park.

On the other hand, whether the track color is red or purple or magenta or burgundy... I feel it's safe to say it's in the same basic area of the color wheel as Diamondback, and it's a bit disappointing that KI will have two towering B&M coasters in the park with somewhat similarily colored tracks.

The track color between Diamondback and Banshee is noticeably different.

• Like 13

Wait until you see the lift hills before deciding the colors aren't unique enough. During the day, up against that farmer's sky, the track will be vibrant in its' contrast, and at night, with lighting, it'll bring out the pinkish hues of the burgundy.

With the way colors are mixed via computers these days, the project designers ordered exactly the colors they wanted. Let's see come Spring why theses colors were chosen.

My opinion is that the pinkish hues of the CGI were a little too pony for me, maybe the real colors are so that it's more gender neutral.

• Like 2

The tracks color is not the same as it is in the rendering.

Color spaces used to model colors in computer images are only approximations. They cannot represent the entire range of colors visible to the human eye. Color profiles can be adjusted to be as accurate as possible for a given image on a professional display, but some error will always exist.

The purpose of the renderings and video was to show the ride and how it fits into the park, not to achieve color profile perfection. Even if that had been the purpose, colors would still be noticeably off on your sub-$1000 computer monitor or on your smartphone screen.

• Like 5

I'm sorry maybe it's just me, but I'm excited that we are getting a new coaster. I have no complaints.

I'm hepped to just see the construction on Halloween. I'm in fear/awe of huge constructions, and seeing the rendition of how large this coaster is compared to the rides around it will no doubt give me vertigo just to look at it- I can't wait to hop aboard and lose my sanity.

• Like 1

I was hoping it wold be a brighter color and almost be pinkish. Then we would have a cotton candy coaster!

You may still get your pink wish. By the time it gets some sun-wash for a few years it will be pinkish. Light pinkish, but pink nether the less.

• Like 1

If you want to know the exact colors, ask Don if you get a chance what the Pantone colors are. Pantone is the leading color indicator in the world and 99% of all known colors have a Pantone no. and name assigned to them. Banshee is likely no different.

• Like 4

I make prosthetic appliances and work with pigments, Banshee is purple. I know because I hate making purple!

Red and blue make purple.

An example of my work...

1006078_561925753864072_1095455288_n.jpg

Amazing work! I had to give up on the latex/appliance game due to allergies I developed. I'm Envious!

You are right, purple is a pain.

• Like 3

I make prosthetic appliances and work with pigments, Banshee is purple. I know because I hate making purple!

Red and blue make purple.

An example of my work...

1006078_561925753864072_1095455288_n.jpg

Amazing work! I had to give up on the latex/appliance game due to allergies I developed. I'm Envious!

You are right, purple is a pain.

Thanks!

I work with skin safe silicone.

On the subject of Banshee, I was looking at the station track, and you can actually see where each car of the train will stop.

9960_10152142414178368_1319687126_n.jpg

On the inside of each rail are 8 square shaped pieces of steel. This looks to be for the sensors that tell the person in the drive box that each seat is locked.

Each row of seats will line up with these.

I can already picture this coaster standing there in my mind!

Another thing. While riding Delirium today, I noticed how close you will get to the dive loop! I can see all the epic photos now! Will make for a great photo op!

• Like 13