Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

The ride was forgetting alot in the renderings it was basic look in between the middle supports for the lift hill for the structure to support the stairs & stuff. It also didn't show the evac system at the lift base, ect. There will be a grate there last thing you need is a shoe or something getting dropped there and falling into the queue/ect.

• Like 1

I would've liked to see a net like Manta in that case.

The thing for an evacuation situation, I think it would be so cool if they could have a sliding piece of grate the Ride op could press a button and it would automatically go up and under the train.

Well if I ever get a chance to engineer some like that, I would definitely be living the dream.

^That's similar to an invert's evac system...

There is a small platform at the base of the lift (in raptor's POV @ 10 sec) that can go all the way up the lift (follows the catwalk) until lift crest. It's motor is below the platform (can see in the queue). In the case of evac, the platform goes up under the ride, the railing raised, restraints for one row unlocked, and guests take the small platform to the stairs and then down. I may be able to get more stuff from a few friends who worked Raptor and one still there...So gimmie a bit to follow up, but here's a pic from another B&M ride, showing the platform up the catwalk

Y8GgLMn.jpg

• Like 7

There's alot that that rendering got wrong, including other ride colors (See the Eiffel Tower)

For instance in the rendering:

No true floor drop

No catwalks to the lift hill
No feed wheels prior to lift

No lift hill cameras

No proxies along the whole ride

No catwalk under the middle of the lift hill
Support between the middle support to hold the stairs/railing/catwalks

Concrete footers not shown how they were actually poured (see triangle footers)

Painted bolts/Studs matching ride color

I believe the floor on the brake run isn't grated (can't confirm this last one)

It's a basic rendering, it was meant to just show off the ride and get hyped up for 2014..that is all

• Like 6

There is a small platform at the base of the lift (in raptor's POV @ 10 sec) that can go all the way up the lift (follows the catwalk) until lift crest. It's motor is below the platform (can see in the queue). In the case of evac, the platform goes up under the ride, the railing raised, restraints for one row unlocked, and guests take the small platform to the stairs and then down. I may be able to get more stuff from a few friends who worked Raptor and one still there...So gimmie a bit to follow up, but here's a pic from another B&M ride, showing the platform up the catwalk

Y8GgLMn.jpg

MONTU! My number 1 inverted!

This is probably how the lift on Banshee will look. They will not leave a gap where someone could fall during an evacuation.

• Like 2

Y8GgLMn.jpg

This is probably how the lift on Banshee will look. They will not leave a gap where someone could fall during an evacuation.

That depends on who "they" is. B&M may not do that, but Cedar Fair might. See Flight Deck at Canada's Wonderland.

I understand that it is a Paramount era ride, but had Cedar Fair been concerned about a platform being present under the lift, I'm sure one would have been added somehow.

There's alot that that rendering got wrong, including other ride colors (See the Eiffel Tower)

For instance in the rendering:

No true floor drop

No catwalks to the lift hill

No feed wheels prior to lift

No lift hill cameras

No proxies along the whole ride

No catwalk under the middle of the lift hill

Support between the middle support to hold the stairs/railing/catwalks

Concrete footers not shown how they were actually poured (see triangle footers)

Painted bolts/Studs matching ride color

I believe the floor on the brake run isn't grated (can't confirm this last one)

It's a basic rendering, it was meant to just show off the ride and get hyped up for 2014..that is all

You'd still think they could get the colors right! :P

• Like 1

I'm still a little dissapointed the track color does not exactly match up with the renderings...

Banshee03_8x10_300dpi_zps7da408ad.jpg

Bansheecons_zps982670b7.jpg

I like the real colors almost better. The photos taken from the entrance are a good indication of how this ride will look from the entrance.

This is going to look great!

• Like 5

Y8GgLMn.jpg

That depends on who "they" is. B&M may not do that, but Cedar Fair might. See Flight Deck at Canada's Wonderland.

I understand that it is a Paramount era ride, but had Cedar Fair been concerned about a platform being present under the lift, I'm sure one would have been added somehow.

But that Flight Deck is a Vekoma not B&M.

• Like 1

I am convinced Gatekeeper has THE worst, most painful restraints ever. I am NOT looking forward to having those on Banshee. They crush my hips and rub on my collar bone. Fun ride ruined by terrible restraints IMO.

I'm still a little dissapointed the track color does not exactly match up with the renderings...

I like the real colors almost better. The photos taken from the entrance are a good indication of how this ride will look from the entrance.

This is going to look great!

I look forward to seeing it in person Saturday! I have only been able to see photos. I hope that it looks different than the photos though... On my computer it looks like a very similar red to Diamondback, and I was hoping for it to be closer to purple.

I've heard that in person it is almost magenta. No complaints from me, magenta is my school color! (And rather unsurprisingly, people do not take our male athletics uniforms very seriously...)

• Like 2

I am convinced Gatekeeper has THE worst, most painful restraints ever. I am NOT looking forward to having those on Banshee. They crush my hips and rub on my collar bone. Fun ride ruined by terrible restraints IMO.

Gatekeeper's restraints have been fixed to eliminate the collarbone issue (the vests no longer lock). That will be the case on Banshee as well.

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

Gatekeeper's restraints have been fixed to eliminate the collarbone issue (the vests no longer lock). That will be the case on Banshee as well.

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

Well lemme tell ya something, at 5'3" they still rub on me :( and the restraint crushes my hips as well. Unless I ride right side row one outside.... That doesn't seem too bad.... But the others hurt me :(

I doubt it will Roar, Diamondback used to Roar, you could hear it all the way around the park,and at the Mcdonalds. People complained how loud the ride was and they changed the wheels so I bet Banshee will use similar wheels!

If it sounds like Raptor and Mantis I will be happy lol