Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

I'm still a little dissapointed the track color does not exactly match up with the renderings...

I like the real colors almost better. The photos taken from the entrance are a good indication of how this ride will look from the entrance.

This is going to look great!

I look forward to seeing it in person Saturday! I have only been able to see photos. I hope that it looks different than the photos though... On my computer it looks like a very similar red to Diamondback, and I was hoping for it to be closer to purple.

I've heard that in person it is almost magenta. No complaints from me, magenta is my school color! (And rather unsurprisingly, people do not take our male athletics uniforms very seriously...)

I haven't seen it in person yet, either, and I'm looking forward to just seeing it, much less riding it it next year (hopefully).

The park does have neighbors...

...like my grandparents!

They're already complaining about Banshee. My family is moving into the neighborhood right next to theirs and our house is in the back of the neighborhood; you can see every ride at Kings Island popping out over the trees. I can't wait to hear the screams from Banshee next year!

• Like 9

I can't imagine the noise being that big a burden in a house.. Wish I could imagine though..

Seriously though, hearing the park from buildings within the park, I thought they weren't that annoying IMO (like in office buildings in the park)

And it can't be any worse than a train sounding off in the middle of the night aside from durability of the noises.

I could manage sleeping next door, I think.

Though I don't KNOW.

I can't imagine the noise being that big a burden in a house.. Wish I could imagine though..

Seriously though, hearing the park from buildings within the park, I thought they weren't that annoying IMO (like in office buildings in the park)

And it can't be any worse than a train sounding off in the middle of the night aside from durability of the noises.

I could manage sleeping next door, I think.

Though I don't KNOW.

Not in the house, but you can hear it when you're outside. Plus, when you're in your 70's, it can get pretty annoying...I guess.

I can't wait to hear KI though. Plus, you can see the fireworks!

• Like 7

What I find that is amazing is that an 83 year old can't hear a conversation when you are three feet away but can hear an ambulance coming from 5 miles away (that the person talking to them can't hear)...true story....

I can't imagine that Banshee will be anywhere as loud as SOB's lift hill was...

• Like 5

I didn't initially think Banshee would be as visible as it is in the park, but I discovered today that it's fairly visible from any standpoint. You can see it from Planet Snoopy. Probably Rivertown, too, if you stand in the right spot. It absolutely towers over The Racer end of Coney Mall.

I'm also really interested in the views from Adventure Express come next year. It looks like the zero-G and batwing will be really close to the turn through the orange frames (don't know what else to call them) on AE. Should offer a really neat perspective.

• Like 4

What I find that is amazing is that an 83 year old can't hear a conversation when you are three feet away but can hear an ambulance coming from 5 miles away (that the person talking to them can't hear)...true story....

I can't imagine that Banshee will be anywhere as loud as SOB's lift hill was...

Selective hearing? :)

• Like 5

I developed selective hearing as a preteen. Came in very handy at times. :P I still have it, too, though it's losing power as there are some things I can't tune out anymore. Trolls are one of those things.

I know how to defeat trolls.

Don't reply, close the window, and do something productive.

I didn't initially think Banshee would be as visible as it is in the park, but I discovered today that it's fairly visible from any standpoint. You can see it from Planet Snoopy. Probably Rivertown, too, if you stand in the right spot. It absolutely towers over The Racer end of Coney Mall.

I'm also really interested in the views from Adventure Express come next year. It looks like the zero-G and batwing will be really close to the turn through the orange frames (don't know what else to call them) on AE. Should offer a really neat perspective.

After riding Adventure Express Friday night, I can tell you that Banshee will be very visible. While sitting in the station and exiting it you are looking directly at the lift hill! And yes, I think the batwing will be pretty close as well.

• Like 3

^

Which star wars boards are you a member of? I need to join one.

The Jedi Council Forums: http://boards.theforce.net/ (where I'll warn you that they won't put up with your trolling like the mods here have).

Also Wookieepedia (the Star Wars version of Wikipedia): http://wookieepedia.com/ (where I'll warn you that we also won't put up with your trolling, and I'm an admin at Wookieepedia, so I will ban you myself if you start disrupting things and somebody else doesn't beat me to it).

• Like 3

And this is where I come in and say this is why you're not an admin here...

Yes it may seem like trolling at times, and at some times I think he may do it a bit to get a rise out of all of you because to be honest some of your reactions are beautiful and almost sitcom ish...Never have I seen people stand up and defend inanimate objects and companies they don't even work for or are affiliated with, with such loyalty and hostility...There are times I don't even agree with him, but it all does come back to and is his personal belief and opinion, and I can do nothing to correct that. The only things I will jump in to correct is using the wrong information, or to put a bit of logic behind his opinion...Now, and as I have in the past I will defend his right to have an opinion...if he wants to post it, even if it seems redundant and nonstop, he can do it..No different than the how many SOB should have done this, or we should have done that, ect that I saw in the past while lurking..or Flight Deck should be The Bat posts...

• Like 2

And I'll point out that Wookieepedia operates differently than KIC. While YS's Intamin arguments are debatable here as to whether they constitute trolling, similar persistent arguments on Wookieepedia would result in being banned for the simple offense of "disruption".

KIC runs a fairly loose ship, with the mods taking a mostly hands-off approach and not handing out bans except for more egregrious offenses. Wookieepedia is run a lot, lot tighter. If your idea, opinion, or proposal was rejected by the community, you are expected to either shut up about it or, if you want to continue pushing it, acknowledge the reasons people gave for rejecting it and adjust your proposal accordingly. Continuing to push the same rejected idea over and over without rational reasoning or adjustments to reflect opposing opinions, as YoungStud has done here, will quickly result in a ban for disruption and trolling there.

Anyway, we're getting WAY off-topic. Who's got construction pictures from today?!