Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

After riding Raptor several time over the weekend, I am so ready for Banshee!

Raptor is what I call a first generation invert. I can only wish Banshee will be like the sub 1999 b&m's.

I just wish Banshee would have restraints like Raptor!

From Kings Island's Facebook:

Banshee_zps97f012b7.jpg

Wow, the track is redder than I thought it was. Its almost like Firehawk.

I just asked my brother what he thought of the track. He said it looks "pretty red-ish".

No matter what we say about it, most of the GP will think it's red.

• Like 3

Raptor is what I call a first generation invert. I can only wish Banshee will be like the sub 1999 b&m's.

I don't mind the Gatekeeper restraints, even when they clamped down. I would just squeeze my pecs to loosen up the restraint.

• Like 4

I don't mind the Gatekeeper restraints, even when they clamped down. I would just squeeze my pecs to loosen up the restraint.

The problem isn't so much the vest but the lower part of the restraint. It clamps down and digs into my hips. I have bruises on the front of my hips from them :( I am a small person (5'3" and 102 pounds) and it seems the restraints don't seem like they were designed to be comfy on small people.

This is getting weird. Anyways, when you see Banshee in person it looks nothing of DB or Firehawk's red as previously mentioned.

Haha gotta have a little fun around here sometimes.

Disclaimer: I'm not actually in love with an inanimate object (AKA Banshee). I may be a coaster enthusiast but I'd never go that far! Man, do I love sarcasm.

• Like 4

track/support completed so far:

This is cool'

Agreed; thanks davidw for creating this. Also, before looking at the recent construction pics, I never realized just how steep Banshee's first drop will be.

I can't, for the life of me, figure out how steep it actually is. Because it turns, I feel it gives the illusion to be steeper than actually is.

I won't be able to know for sure unless the park releases actual statistics or until I go to the park after the drop is constructed and I can see it from the right angle.

From Kings Island's Facebook:

Wow, the track is redder than I thought it was. Its almost like Firehawk.

I just asked my brother what he thought of the track. He said it looks "pretty red-ish".

No matter what we say about it, most of the GP will think it's red.

Don't worry, in several years when the paint starts to fade, it'll be a horrible shade of pinkish.

• Like 3

This may have been mentioned, Is there any word on if Banshee will be available for early ride times for us Gold pass members?

It probably will, they typically have the premier rides on the early ride time list.

Well not their premier rides, but the premier rides, what ever you know what I mean.

• Like 5