Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

In response to the person who wanted to know the first B&M.

As of right now, there are 90 B&M's in existence.

I have ridden 30 of the 90, and have ridden something that falls into each classification.

Here is a list of B&M styles IN ORDER of their opening.

Year - Classification - Name - Location

1990 - Stand up - Iron Wolf - SFGA

1992 - Inverted - Batman - SFGA

1993 - Sitdown - Kumba - BGT

1998 - Dive Machine - Oblivion - AT

1999 - Hyper - Apollo's Chariot - BGW

1999 - Floorless - Bizarro - SFGAdv

1999 - Hyper (200+) - Raging Bull - SFGA

2002 - Flying Coaster - Air - AT

2011 - Wing Coaster - Raptor - Gardaland

2012 - Hyper (300+) - Leviathan - CW

While Apollo's Chariot's drop is 210 feet, the lift hill is only 170 feet.

At only 144 feet tall, Hollywood Dream: The Ride at USJ is the shortest B&M Hyper.

B&M does not classify Leviathan as a giga, they still classify it a Hyper.

• Like 5

Suddenly, this ride runs up (somehow), screaming "NO! ONLY I AM WICKEDLY TWISTED! Banshee IS JUST REGULAR TWISTED!"

Posted Image

:P (Sorry, could not resist...)

I chickened out on that ride over the weekend.... It just freaked me out too much lol I'm not a fan of straight drops down. Though I did go on Maverick twice, the first time at night without knowing what it did, and I about had a heart attack lol

• Like 4

They may be done with the drop today at the rate they are going.

As to the supports out back, those have to be for later in the ride. If they were for the dive loop, they would stage them closer. There might be a few truckloads of supports sitting at CSF though, so it might not be a big deal.

• Like 1

Will they need clifford once the lift hill (and all that goes w/ it) is installed? If not, they could plan to get thru the supports now in place, then finish up the steps on the lift and finish that out this week. Take down clifford and get it out of the area, restage lift and track on site, or bring it in from CSF if it lies there, then start on the dive loop and the loop around the lift hill next week.

• Like 1

They will need to keep either clifford or that yellow crane on site pretty much the whole way. With clifford's having farther reach and the back half of the ride going down hill, I'd say we will see it there all the way to the end.

They will need to keep either clifford or that yellow crane on site pretty much the whole way. With clifford's having farther reach and the back half of the ride going down hill, I'd say we will see it there all the way to the end.

thanks.

Suddenly, this ride runs up (somehow), screaming "NO! ONLY I AM WICKEDLY TWISTED! Banshee IS JUST REGULAR TWISTED!"

Posted Image

:P (Sorry, could not resist...)

I chickened out on that ride over the weekend.... It just freaked me out too much lol I'm not a fan of straight drops down. Though I did go on Maverick twice, the first time at night without knowing what it did, and I about had a heart attack lol

Missed out on a Good one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk now Free

• Like 3