Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

And if you want to be among the first in the general public to ride it, be there on opening day. Who knows? Perhaps it will be an ERT ride. If so, you can get a gold pass and show up early. ERT crowds are generally light. HOWEVER, if a new coaster is to be opened AND it is ERT, then expect record-breaking ERT crowds.

• Like 2

CoasterBuzz members were invited for Gatekeeper's Media Day, so I would imagine they would be invited to Banshee's as well if Cedar Fair decides to invite coaster clubs.

At the Sept. 8th KIC day Don mentioned those coaster clubs that have a paid membership will most likely be invited to Banshee Media Day :)

• Like 5

If I'm not mistaken, Terpy and BoddaH1994 will forever be constituted into Banshee's theming per the gravestones. I personally think that is awesome! It will truly symbolize KIC's long-standing and close relationship with the park. Are most other parks' fansites as loyal as we are? I'd think not. Makes me appreciate the value of being part of such a great community... :)

• Like 13

^ Great photos! Thanks for sharing.

On an unrelated note, I wonder if the park has considered moving the Banshee cam or adding a second webcam. I like the current view and am thankful the park has a webcam for construction, but it would be neat to see some of the finer details, too. I imagine the tops of the Ice Scream Zone, Son of Beast's station, or the Delirium operator booth would have good views.

• Like 3

^ Great photos! Thanks for sharing.

On an unrelated note, I wonder if the park has considered moving the Banshee cam or adding a second webcam. I like the current view and am thankful the park has a webcam for construction, but it would be neat to see some of the finer details, too. I imagine the tops of the Ice Scream Zone, Son of Beast's station, or the Delirium operator booth would have good views.

Webcams can only be placed where there is an accessible power source. I doubt there is one on top of a random building near the construction sight.

^^All three of those structures/buildings have power that runs to them, there should be an available power source. I feel like if they have a camera on the top of Dragster, it shouldn't be too hard to install one at any of the positions TombRaiderFTW suggested.

***I was beaten by mere seconds. haha

• Like 1

^ So how do Ice Scream Zone's lights and ice cream machines, Wolf Pack's props, and Delirium's control panel and lights work?

I'm not sure those could be safe and easy to tap into for power. At least, probably not on top of Ice Scream Zone and WP. But hey, I know very little about electricity and how those buildings were set up.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I seem to remember Cedar Point putting a webcam for GK atop maXair. Maybe we could use Delirium?

• Like 1

I went to ki today, the ride looks amazing and it is able to be seen from intersate, sky line of ki is so different. With the clouds and rain to day the tracks actually looked purple, and saw a guy get arrestted at the front gate, he was running for the gate and i looked up in time to see him get tackled, then he was begging not to get arrested and was crying

• Like 6

I remember someone requesting what the skyline looks like with Banshee Here ya go, I forget who it was though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

That was me! I love the picture, thanks! I drove past KI today on the way to Ren fest. Banshee is quite impressive in person!

• Like 2